News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jasper and Fossey: Officially First Team?

Started by AnOldBrownie, August 25, 2020, 11:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Hi...so they weren't included on today's U23 roster.   Does that mean they are official first team players?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

paulbrookersmazydribbles

They've both been training with the first team for a while. I'd expect Sylv to still get a few games with the U23s and Fossey still has to prove his fitness after all those injuries.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on August 25, 2020, 11:39:52 PM
They've both been training with the first team for a while. I'd expect Sylv to still get a few games with the U23s and Fossey still has to prove his fitness after all those injuries.

Marlon Fossey is our number two right back at the moment, with S.Sess off to Bristol and Odoi's contract not yet renewed, while Jasper is our 4th winger if Reid and Kamara are playing centrallly. Absolutely 1st team for now, but they would both need to have a damn good preseason to stay that way.

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

rebel

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 25, 2020, 11:31:19 PM
Hi...so they weren't included on today's U23 roster.   Does that mean they are official first team players?

Maybe out on loan or something else.

kiwian

Quote from: rebel on August 26, 2020, 08:34:16 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 25, 2020, 11:31:19 PM

Maybe out on loan or something else.
On a slight tangent, the bios of the academy 20/21 players makes for positive reading, look forward to seeing them progressing through the grades in future.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

The Rational Fan

In the last five seasons of Premier League 2 (under 23s), Fulham has come 22nd, 22nd, 20th, 16th, and 21st. Under 18-year-olds have been good, but it seems youth (u18) players either jump quickly to the first team or move on. Maybe we should be buying big for the under 23s team, I am sure a couple of million would go a long way.

Jamie88

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 28, 2020, 06:55:54 AM
In the last five seasons of Premier League 2 (under 23s), Fulham has come 22nd, 22nd, 20th, 16th, and 21st. Under 18-year-olds have been good, but it seems youth (u18) players either jump quickly to the first team or move on. Maybe we should be buying big for the under 23s team, I am sure a couple of million would go a long way.

Not sure where you got your info from but, firstly, we have only had an Under-23 team for 4 seasons, and we have been playing in a League consisting of 12 teams, so not sure how you have us down as finishing 22nd etc.
Last four seasons have been 10th/12, 10th/12, 8th/12 and 4th/12 but I get your point.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 28, 2020, 08:14:30 AM

Not sure where you got your info from but, firstly, we have only had an Under-23 team for 4 seasons, and we have been playing in a League consisting of 12 teams, so not sure how you have us down as finishing 22nd etc.
Last four seasons have been 10th/12, 10th/12, 8th/12 and 4th/12 but I get your point.

The "top Division have 12 teams" and we are playing 2nd Division so "10th in Division 2" is 22nd overall etc. Of course, we have a few good players that could be 1st teamers one day (most clubs do otherwise they why have a team), but obviously about 20 other clubs have more good u23 players in general.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 28, 2020, 08:21:36 AM

The "top Division have 12 teams" and we are playing 2nd Division so "10th in Division 2" is 22nd overall etc. Of course, we have a few good players that could be 1st teamers one day (most clubs do otherwise they why have a team), but obviously about 20 other clubs have more good u23 players in general.

Since the best we could finish in any one of those seasons is 13th, your presentation gives a somewhat unfair picture. You also don't know that all the 12 teams in the top division is better than all the teams in the second division, because these teams change a lot between seasons.

What you also seem to completely fail to take into account is how we use our u23 team. We constantly play a lot of very young players, and very rarely play any over aged players. Even though of course the players want to win every game, this is not the most important aspect. We also miss our better players quite often because they are in the squad or extended squad of the first team (see Sess. and O'Riley this season). It's just the next step of our development teams, and not a reserve team as such. As long as our u18 is doing good I would not be too worried, as we seem to produce enough talented players.

Jim©

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 26, 2020, 01:14:13 AM

Marlon Fossey is our number two right back at the moment, with S.Sess off to Bristol and Odoi's contract not yet renewed, while Jasper is our 4th winger if Reid and Kamara are playing centrallly. Absolutely 1st team for now, but they would both need to have a damn good preseason to stay that way.

It was announced way back Dennis had signed till 2020 with a clause to extend that by one year.

Jamie88

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 28, 2020, 08:21:36 AM

Ok..that's quite a strange way of looking at things. In that case, Leeds had a pretty poor season didn't they, they ended up 21st

Sting of the North

Quote from: Jim© on August 28, 2020, 08:46:08 AM

It was announced way back Dennis had signed till 2020 with a clause to extend that by one year.

But the question is if that option is yet to be triggered?

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 28, 2020, 02:08:16 PM

be amazed if it wasn't, he can literally play across the back four
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on August 28, 2020, 02:11:51 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on August 28, 2020, 02:08:16 PM

be amazed if it wasn't, he can literally play across the back four

I agree that it is a no-brainer, but I cannot recall seeing any information about this whatsoever.

Jim©

He's back training, been in the pics. So can only assume that we did activate that clause.

Tabby

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/august/28/sylvester-jasper-whirlwind-year

New article on the offal about Jasper, think he is going to be around the first team this year.