https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Save Wigan Athletic

Started by Friendsoffulham, August 27, 2020, 12:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

https://vimeo.com/448672090

Help WASC to SAVE OUR CLUB

Wigan Athletic supporters have already raised almost £200,000 to fulfil the club's immediate objectives after entering administration. However, there is now a real risk that Wigan Athletic may not attract new owners before the 2020/21 season begins.

It is critical that we now come together to raise funds that will SAVE OUR CLUB. We need you to pledge £250 or more, or whatever you can reasonably afford, to help us secure an active role for the supporters in the club's future ownership, and ensure that we continue to have a sustainable football club in our community that will be here for your children and grandchildren.

What's next:

• We need to be READY to act in order to secure the future of Wigan Athletic. Not just a football club, but an integral part of our community that helps to improve thousands of lives across Wigan.

• We need to raise £500,000 by Monday 31st August from supporters and community pledges. Each pledge will make a difference and YOU will be rewarded with a place in our future for your pledge.

• We are working with Jonathan Jackson, Wigan Council, Wigan Athletic Community Trust and key Latics partners to be ready to act to save our club.

• This funding will be used to support the future of the football club with community-ownership and supporter representation and influence at the highest level.

• If we are unable to invest in the football club, all monies from this campaign are refundable. Monies will be held in escrow by Crowdfunder until we are able to invest the money in the club's future or return all monies.

• It is important to note that these donations are for the club's FUTURE and that funds from this Crowdfunder will not be used to pay any existing costs.

How you can help

• Select a reward on this page

• Choose to add extra funds when you pledge

• Make your pledge now to help us be ready, and be a part of the future of Wigan Athletic.

• Please spread the word to your friends, family and on social media

• By making your pledge you agree to our terms and conditions.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-wigan-athletic

fcfulham55

Done 250.  Don't know what I get for being in tier 1. Other than financial details yearly.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Deeping_white

Interesting to see on Twitter today that we paid slightly more than Robinson's release fee and paid it all in one go to help them out according to their administrators

Mince n Tatties

Sad affair.
Gary Neville has stated he knows of 30+ lower and non league clubs on the brink.

I have also read that a clerical error at the EFL stopped Sheffield Weds deduction this season, now being held over till next season,they should have gone down instead of Wigan.

NJFulham

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 27, 2020, 01:11:03 PM
Interesting to see on Twitter today that we paid slightly more than Robinson's release fee and paid it all in one go to help them out according to their administrators

Didn't most of it go to Everton?

Enigma

Quote from: NJFulham on August 27, 2020, 01:34:01 PM

Didn't most of it go to Everton?

Apparently once the money clears Wigan are able to pay off the creditors, of which the debt is £1.3m. From that they're able to sell the club.

From a live feed: "Antonee Robinson had a release clause for just under £2million. I'm grateful to Fulham for not only giving us £2million, but also in one go which is a massive help in  our situation....I'm pleased to announce that when the Antonee Robinson money is received, the football debt is cleared.".

Good on us for helping them out.

SuffolkWhite

I know it will never happen but there needs to be a wage cap in the Prem and champ and dare I say better distribution of TV money! Oh hang on we can't do that, that's why the Premier League got going for the truly greedy in the first place. And as for FFP well don't get me started as all the big clubs seem to side step real punishment anyway. Us smaller teams need to stick together. Good luck Wigan Athletic.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Holders

Good luck to Wigan, a football club in a Rugby League town and well done Fulham for helping them out.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

rebel

I know it's scant consolation, but their end of season form was 'promotion form'.

bog

It was our equaliser that sent them down.

Motspur Park

I would say it was their administrative and financial mismanagement which sent them down. To change ownership and go into administration so soon after was scandalous.

FFCBadger

Quote from: Enigma on August 27, 2020, 01:46:40 PM

Apparently once the money clears Wigan are able to pay off the creditors, of which the debt is £1.3m. From that they're able to sell the club.

From a live feed: "Antonee Robinson had a release clause for just under £2million. I'm grateful to Fulham for not only giving us £2million, but also in one go which is a massive help in  our situation....I'm pleased to announce that when the Antonee Robinson money is received, the football debt is cleared.".

Good on us for helping them out.

100%! That is simply outstanding work by our club

The Rational Fan

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on August 27, 2020, 01:58:35 PM
I know it will never happen but there needs to be a wage cap in the Prem and champ and dare I say better distribution of TV money! Oh hang on we can't do that, that's why the Premier League got going for the truly greedy in the first place. And as for FFP well don't get me started as all the big clubs seem to side step real punishment anyway. Us smaller teams need to stick together. Good luck Wigan Athletic.

A better distribution of TV money is a good idea, but a wage cap would really only apply to British Residents, as I cannot see a Non-European resident that owns a club having too many problems paying a foreign agent an "off the books sign-on bonus" for a non-European player, while all involved are not even in Europe may have not been to europe and none of the transactions are in Europe.

For example, if Chelsea's owner paid a sign-on bonus for Neymar to his agent, any investigation could require the International Cooperation of the UK Government, Russian Government, and Brazillian Government at a minimum. International cooperation to see whether Chelsea might be breaching the salary cap, probably going to find nothing especially if the Russian's and/or Brazilian's involved support Chelsea or Neymar. Wage Cap = JOKE

rebel

Quote from: Motspur Park on August 28, 2020, 07:03:21 AM
I would say it was their administrative and financial mismanagement which sent them down. To change ownership and go into administration so soon after was scandalous.

It was potential buyers committed to buying the club, then backing out at the last minute (if I remember correctly).

rebel

Quote from: bog on August 27, 2020, 04:16:12 PM
It was our equaliser that sent them down.

Kebano always gets a 'tough wrap'.

Burt

Love that video.

Not surprised to see Bullard clowning around in it :)

Good luck to all connected with the club.

Arthur_Itis

Hi all, Wigan fan in peace here, just want to say a massive thanks for the incredible support shown by Fulham fans in our hour of need.

The  "We are Wigan, Save our Club" campaign has seen an incredible response and sits (as I type this) at just under 600k in just a few days.

The vast bulk of donations have obviously come from the Wigan fans,  with a huge number of current and former players and club officials also supporting the cause, however, the most heart warming aspect for me is the sheer number of fans from other clubs who have supported us verbally, emotionally and most critically, financially.

I did an analysis of the origin of donations after the first couple of days and posted my findings on one of the Wigan message board (link below) but I specifically wanted to highlight the tremendous support shown by your good selves, currently sitting second in number of contributions (behind the magnificent Charlton fans).
Thank you Fulham fans, you are a credit to yourselves, your club and the football community as a whole.

On a side note, I've always had a soft spot for you guys, been to your place many times, can't remember every seeing us win, although I do remember seeing Michael Jackson and I do remember hitch hiking from Wigan to Fulham on a Staurday in late 1989 to watch us lose 4 nil (a 30+ year old Clive Walker destoyed us).

I wish you every success for the forthcoming season.

#SaveWAFC

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/donation-analysis.107660/

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-wigan-athletic/backers?page=12#start

bobbo

Just made my donation . i starkly remember us in a similar plight.
GOOD LUCK WIGAN.
1975 just leaving home full of hope