watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, what happens next ?

Started by Riversider, August 28, 2020, 01:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

After the Community Shield tomorrow we are straight into an International break then a couple of days together and then straight into the first game against Arsenal, hardly ideal preparation,
We were already at a disadvantage over most sides with our season finishing so late, but to just have a pre season of one week seems crazy ,
Ok, the Arsenal game might be considered as a free hit to some but the next two games against Leeds and Villa are certainly not free hits it's vital that we avoid defeat in both those games, we can't be gifting three points to our rivals,
Lemina and Reed will be both announced shortly but we must show some urgency in bringing in the right back and centre half that we are crying out for,
It's going to be tough this season but not impossible,  we can certainly finish above WBA, and I've got a hunch that Burnley and Sheff Utd will be there or there abouts,
But hopefully by this time next week those gaps have been filled and we can give it a real go and surprise a few along the way.
COYSW  049:gif

Bocanegra

Whilst the points have been discussed about why transfers are a slow process it is definitely worrying. I'm annoyed that RB and CB haven't been addressed sooner - especially as we've needed a starting RB for 2 years.

The Rock

As the season recently ended, I'd think the players already still pretty fit. I saw on here we play MK Dons Saturday at MP. I am comfortable the players be ready.

There is no question we need at least a CB and RB though.

I personally think Tony Khan will fail to bring in proper defenders (again) and we will be relegated (again).

When we get ripped to shreds by Arsenal then Leeds beat us 3-0 like they did a few months ago perhaps TK will wake up. I wouldn't bet on it though.

If he meant business, we would have acted like other clubs do and made some defensive signings already so the players have time to gel.

3-lions

frustrating that as per usual FFC are slow in publishing any info. The INT call ups have been made. So unless we go out searching for it ourselves we'd not know if Rodak or Mitro and Hector are away for the week. As mentioned in another thread on FOF no home nation calls up though...

Surely the Club should have this on the Website already.

Lordedmundo

I agree - I think the season start should be much closer to the end of the transfer window.  It means that all teams that need to upgrade their squads are at a disadvantage (but particularly affects sides promoted via the play-offs such as ourselves).

It's a difficult balance between waiting patiently to get the best players, whilst ensuring that you have a settled squad going into the first game - with new players settled in and integrated.

As it stands - we obviously don't have a stronger first 11 than the one that ended the season, but I would be satisfied enough if we have the same 11 that played against Brentford - with Robinson and Anguissa ready to come off the bench. Hopefully Mitro and AK47 will be 100% fit also.

I think we have to take the positive from the fact that we will have a confident, tight knit group of players who will hopefully still be relatively sharp given how recently they played.

4 points from the first 3 games would be a great return and probably required - with 2 tough away games to follow...

flyingfish

Internationals are madness. Is mitro already quarantinig due to the trip to serbia? Wont he be again after the internatuonal break? Then the seasons starts.

The short break and disruption due to covid is a major disadvanatage to us. We may just as well plan for relegation now amd come back up with a chance to compete.

Lighthouse

What will kill football is not the virus or the lack of fans in stadiums. It is the stupid football authorities who cannot arrange a sensible fixture list. I am already bored by the pointless overcrowding of fixtures. Injury and illness are almost being begged for by the football authorities. Shame they couldn't be sensible but then that was always asking too much.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Enfield

Quote from: Bocanegra on August 28, 2020, 02:05:55 PM
Whilst the points have been discussed about why transfers are a slow process it is definitely worrying. I'm annoyed that RB and CB haven't been addressed sooner - especially as we've needed a starting RB for 2 years.

Lemina can play at CH or right back.
I'm guessing he will be the new RB.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Enfield on August 28, 2020, 03:04:40 PM

He's made 7/162 career appearances at right back going by Transfermarkt  so I very much doubt that he will be playing in defence

KJS

And I am not happy when people post about who we are buying and who we aren't when they have no idea whatsoever what is actually going on at the club

Statto

Quote from: KJS on August 28, 2020, 03:17:42 PM

And I am not happy when people post about who we are buying and who we aren't when they have no idea whatsoever what is actually going on at the club

Well they know we haven't signed anyone, so if that's what they're moaning about, the other intricacies aren't really relevant

Bocanegra

Quote from: Enfield on August 28, 2020, 03:04:40 PM

He will not be our RB.