News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sheffield United manager, Chris Wilder, has criticised “lazy recruitment” at oth

Started by rebel, August 29, 2020, 07:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

I think it's tough to say offering Antonee Robinson £50,000 per week is lazy

alfie

Because Wilder wanted a player other clubs should keep away, I don't think so, if Robinson had wanted to go there he would have gone there. Fulham's offer was more attractive to him and that's that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Twas ever thus.
Sheffield being pipped at te post in transfer dealings, all clubs have been there.

rebel

Quote from: filham on August 29, 2020, 09:37:40 AM
Twas ever thus.
Sheffield being pipped at te post in transfer dealings, all clubs have been there.

They've no doubt done it in the past.

Enigma

Odd, it's almost as though we haven't recently played games against Robinson and Cash. Guess we were waiting for the transfer maverick Wilder and footballing behemoth Sheffield United to make a move. Wonder if Guardiola was ringing round his scouts asking who Robinson is?

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Enigma on August 29, 2020, 09:43:42 AM
Odd, it's almost as though we haven't recently played games against Robinson and Cash. Guess we were waiting for the transfer maverick Wilder and footballing behemoth Sheffield United to make a move. Wonder if Guardiola was ringing round his scouts asking who Robinson is?

:005:

aaronmcguigan

He does realise that 99% of the time its driven by agents and investors?
Villa, fulham and Sheffield utd are all in that ilk whereby it only takes a few bad results to switch to desperation.  Any side likely to be in the bottom half of the premier will he targeted as an easy catch by an agent looking to offer their players to the highest bidder.
As for Ramsdale, a relegated team will always be easy pickings for all the non top 6 premier teams

Andy S

Jims Dentist

Whether true or not, we would prosper from this tactic as Wilder invariably mostly signs bargain gems.