watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - What happened to this player?

Started by RidgeRider, November 27, 2010, 02:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3248135/Robbie-Keane-in-line-for-US-move.html

This story about going to MLS is probably rubbish but it did get me wondering about Keane again. I remember the first season I started REALLY watching the Prem and I remember that season as he and Berbatov were scoring loads of goals for a Spurs team that was playing wide open football and it seemed to me at that time he was one of the better goal scorers in the league.

I guess Liverpool thought the same, but since that time, he has a been a shadow of his former self and not getting much if any pitch time.

Confidence has to be at an all time low but does anyone have a theory on why this guy can't seem to find spot anymore and what has happened to his game?

The whole thing is sort of perplexing to me.

BarryP

From the little I have seen of Spurs this season it looks like Harry is largely playing a single striker with Roman Pavlyuchenko and Peter Crouch being the preferred strikers.  Jermain Defoe is returning from injury which will likely limit Keane's prospects for even making the bench.  I would not at all be surprised to see him depart Spurs in January.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

epsomraver

For spurs he was best as a super sub RR

Mr Fulham

I think Keane could be a shrewd signing.

Could be cheap, and proved that he can score. Yes, he might be past his best, but he's still Premier League quality.
Thoughts?

cebu

SoCalJoe

Quote from: cebu on November 27, 2010, 02:48:49 PM
I'm afraid he's past his sell-by date.

I agree, but I also thought Danny was past it when he was signed.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

alfie

that maybe the case but can you honestly say he is not better than what we have got?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SoCalJoe on November 27, 2010, 04:57:32 PM

I agree, but I also thought Danny was past it when he was signed.
He definately is  now  :046:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: alfie on November 27, 2010, 05:41:24 PM

that maybe the case but can you honestly say he is not better than what we have got?
If we cant get someone better he'd do as a loan till the end of the season, definately better than the Johnson twins and Kamara/Elm. And as a CF better than Dempsey, wouldn't want to sign him permantly though, defo in decline.

cebu

Keane hasn't that much pace anymore and at 5' 9" isn't very tall. A loan deal till the end of the season maybe, but not a long term deal.

Tom

Quote from: cebu on November 27, 2010, 06:44:13 PM
Keane hasn't that much pace anymore and at 5' 9" isn't very tall. A loan deal till the end of the season maybe, but not a long term deal.
I agree with that.
Fulham for life!

Mr Fulham

HatterDon

Keane has scored goals everywhere he has gone -- including liverpool and Celtic. He's got pace and a huge butt-load of guts. He may be past his prime, but he's better than any striker on our books except Bobby Z.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel