watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are going to start the arsenal game

Started by fulhamben, September 08, 2020, 03:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

With 11 players from the squad who we in the finals aren't we. When is the cut off for signing players to play for Saturday anyway?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SuffolkWhite

Start with the team that beat Brentford, for squad harmony I would do that anyway, bring on new players as subs if fit and up to speed with the squad mentality and tactics. Players have to battle for their place.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FFCFOREVER

Not too sure but the more time goes on and we await these elusive announcements re incomings, the more I am starting to doubt our chances of getting anything against Arsenal. Why oh why is it taking so long?

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on September 08, 2020, 03:53:29 PM
Start with the team that beat Brentford, for squad harmony I would do that anyway, bring on new players as subs if fit and up to speed with the squad mentality and tactics. Players have to battle for their place.
I think it's suicide to intentionally start with Ream and one of Odoi or Christie as right back. Arsenal's front men will be licking their lips at that set up.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on September 08, 2020, 03:56:50 PM
I think it's suicide to intentionally start with Ream and one of Odoi or Christie as right back. Arsenal's front men will be licking their lips at that set up.
totally agree, but less than four days till kick off, and that's exactly what looks like will happen.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: fulhamben on September 08, 2020, 03:58:26 PM
Quote from: FFCFOREVER on September 08, 2020, 03:56:50 PM
totally agree, but less than four days till kick off, and that's exactly what looks like will happen.
Sad but also very true. I reckon with another CB and RB we have a chance of getting something out the game.

SuffolkWhite

If the new players have not trained or integrated stick with what you know and hope the team spirit will get us through the first game of the season.

It's been said many times that getting players through door is not easy as there are loads of agreements etc that have to be in place. Plus playing in the Play Off Final etc has given less time. I want players through the door asap and especially CB, Striker etc, but if cant be, it cant be.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Yes, I expect us to line up on Saturday with our Wembley team but with the possibility of Robinson and Lemina getting a little game time towards the end when the game has been lost.

alfie

The way Ream is being slaughtered on here I really hope he sticks 2 fingers up and has a great game.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on September 08, 2020, 05:57:45 PM
The way Ream is being slaughtered on here I really hope he sticks 2 fingers up and has a great game.

i hope he bloody does. But I don't see how he has improved since two years ago

ffc73

Quote from: fulhamben on September 08, 2020, 06:10:06 PM

I honestly hope that we are more resilient than I fear.  I keep thinking back to the Citeh FA Cup defeat last season never mind 18/19

davew

Quote from: fulhamben on September 08, 2020, 06:10:06 PM

Bit cruel Ben but I know where you are coming from, no other options available to us at the moment! We will probably make a couple of signings this week when they are too late for the Arsenal match and then find the guys have injuries, rather have Ream then nobody! I think a 4 nil home defeat in our first match would be a good result, but obviously not the result I would want. Too many gaps still to be filled and I am very disappointed on where we are at the moment!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bryanthebroom

Sad to say it, but Aubameyang looks nailed on to be my gameweek one captain in fantasy football.

Lighthouse

The ridiculous time table between the end of one season at the start of the next plus the lunatic decision by the grubs that run football to continue pointless Internationals. It was always going to be the case that we would start with a side that certainly would not have had time to include many new signings anyway.

The whole thing is hardly or not only Fulham business fault. It is the idea that we can run the biggest league in the World and have such a quick turn over so the the dribbling rich men happily playing with their engorged wallets could continue while fans and players are of hardly any thought at all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Rock

Lets face it, we could have set out to sign a CB and it was the number one position we needed to replace.

But TK has failed and refused to sign one ~ before the season started.

Even if Ream turns up for Arsenal, the problem remains. Would love to be proven wrong and see Parkerball be the fix to all our problems, but this isn't going to happen.

alfie

Quote from: The Rock on September 08, 2020, 07:33:51 PM
Lets face it, we could have set out to sign a CB and it was the number one position we needed to replace.

Even if Ream turns up for Arsenal, the problem remains. Would love to be proven wrong and see Parkerball be the fix to all our problems, but this isn't going to happen.
Who said he has refused to sign one, maybe the ones available to us are no better than what we have.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

The Hector, Ream, Reed central defensive trio actually did quite well last season but I fear Arsenal will crack them open early in the game.
COYW surprise us all with a clean sheet.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: alfie on September 08, 2020, 07:43:01 PM
Quote from: The Rock on September 08, 2020, 07:33:51 PM

Who said he has refused to sign one, maybe the ones available to us are no better than what we have.

In the winter of 2019, Tony Khan thought Harvard Nordveidt was an upgrade on Ream, MLM, and Odoi; now he thinks none of the players we can buy are an upgrade on Ream, MLM and Odoi. It seems TK thinks the centre backs available are worse Harvard Nordveidt, so we should pass.