watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mark Hughes reaction to the Birmingham match

Started by BarryP, November 27, 2010, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Lighthouse

There is something just not right about the team beside the injury problems. We looked scared instead of angry and the goal conceded today was just awful. I must admit I feel that unless Hughes has some real shock forward players lined up we are going to be welcoming Alan Curbishly to Fulham in February.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Willard

Never mind about Curbishly, after yesterday's result Sam Allardyce could be looking for a new job...

TonyGilroy

I'm happy that publicly Hughes is staying calm, backing his players and not throwing around the blame.

What he does in January is key.

epsomraver

The team lack confidence and sorry to say we are missing Konchesky.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: epsomraver on November 28, 2010, 11:35:34 AM

I agree, miss Konch's pace giving us width. I don't think Salcido is as good as most seem to think, he can't defend and is very slow.
FTID

Lighthouse

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on November 28, 2010, 11:45:21 AM

I agree, miss Konch's pace giving us width. I don't think Salcido is as good as most seem to think, he can't defend and is very slow.

Although he has made two crosses that led to goals. Konk could not make an accurate cross to save his life and his defending was suspect. Too early to tell but a fit Salcido looks a better option. Although both he and Dembele started really very well but both faded. Maybe both just flattered to deceive.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Exactly. I was thinking the same watching the match yesterday. While many were glad to see him go, I think PK's departure has been hurtful to the team. Last season, when he was out injured we couldn't score, that remains the case. We miss him sorely.

I hope Hughes turns it around but his blind spots are clearly starting to show. He cannot get our boys playing together nor ready for matches, makes some questionable decisions and I think it is probably Murphy who is keeping the boys going on the pitch not Hughes, and I think he will be gone this season. I hope I am horribly wrong.

HatterDon

HE
IS
INJURED

That tends to make one a bit slow. he's already shown us on several occasions that he defends well and goes forward well. He's still hurting and shouldn't have come back against City.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Quote from: HatterDon on November 28, 2010, 02:33:30 PM

HE
IS
INJURED

That tends to make one a bit slow. he's already shown us on several occasions that he defends well and goes forward well. He's still hurting and shouldn't have come back against City.
Bingo we have a winner! Someone else gets it.
Fulham for life!

BarryP

HE
IS
INJURED

Come on Don, we all work through our minor aches and pains on a daily basis why shouldn't Salcido.  :doh:
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

WHITEwitch

Come on Don, we all work through our minor aches and pains on a daily basis why shouldn't Salcido.  :doh:
[/quote]

You can work through a bit of stiffness or bruising but a torn calf muscle is a torn calf muscle and needs rest for the muscle fibres to knit - more than two matches by the look of him.  Not very happy with whichever physio okayed him to play - now he will be out for longer than necessary.

SmithyFFC

HE
IS
INJURED

I hope your right, he was good after his first couple of games but has since dropped off.

Surely if he was still injured when he played against City he wouldn't of played Saturday?
FTID

Ag

Good point Witch.  Players coming back early only to reinjure themselves or injure something else compensating for the injury seems to be a trend at Fulham.

I'm sure Tottenham is glad we shipped Konch.

BarryP

Quote from: WHITEwitch on November 28, 2010, 07:57:27 PM

Come on Don, we all work through our minor aches and pains on a daily basis why shouldn't Salcido.  :doh:

You can work through a bit of stiffness or bruising but a torn calf muscle is a torn calf muscle and needs rest for the muscle fibres to knit - more than two matches by the look of him.  Not very happy with whichever physio okayed him to play - now he will be out for longer than necessary.

lol I guess the sarcasm didn't come over very well.  Don knows me well enough to realize I was not the least bit serious but I guess there are other people reading the board.

HatterDon

Quote from: BarryP on November 28, 2010, 08:28:27 PM
Quote from: WHITEwitch on November 28, 2010, 07:57:27 PM

Come on Don, we all work through our minor aches and pains on a daily basis why shouldn't Salcido.  :doh:

You can work through a bit of stiffness or bruising but a torn calf muscle is a torn calf muscle and needs rest for the muscle fibres to knit - more than two matches by the look of him.  Not very happy with whichever physio okayed him to play - now he will be out for longer than necessary.

lol I guess the sarcasm didn't come over very well.  Don knows me well enough to realize I was not the least bit serious but I guess there are other people reading the board.

Yep, Barry; I just saw your name and chuckled.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel