watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our team, and the gaps to be filled

Started by Porthogs FC, September 13, 2020, 07:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthogs FC

I'm happier this time around than the last time in the EPL. Parker plays the promotion team to show them just how different the PL is. Wakey Wakey.

Our team needs quality in defense and attack. midfield at least seems reasonable.
*=to be sold **=to be loaned ^=loaned in

GK - ^Areola, Rodak, *Fabri
RB - Tete, ^Aina, *Christie
CB - Hector, Ream, MLM, Odoi
LB - Bryan, Robinson
DM - Reed, **McDonald
CM - Zambo, ^Lemina, Cairney, *Seri, *johanson
AM - Onomah, **BDR
Wingers - Kebano, Cav, **Knockaert, AK47
CF - Mitro

So straight up selling Fabri, Christie, Seri, Johanson, loaning out McD, BDR, Knockaert. 7 out on a current 26 man roster leaves another 6 to be brought in. We have 1 domestic loan (1 more allowed) and 2 foreign (unlimited allowed currently?), with only 5 allowed in matchday squad.

I could see Tony loaning another 3 players to bring it to 6 total. Regardless, loans or purchases, we need 2 CB's, a DM, and AM, two wingers and a CF. If we get all that, we likely also sell a CB (MLM or Ream likely). That's a roster of 25.

The Arsenal game made me believe in our shape, but also shows the missing quality in our team. Can Tony and Scott get these transfers done? Do we have the transfer budget to do it, considering we've been shrewd in the market so far?

Time will tell.

H4usuallysitting

Why sell Christie and keep MLM.....Christie is proven in the Championship.... I'd loan Johansen.....keep BDR & Knock ,- they both need the stability of staying at the club.... I'd put K Mac into the club management......I would try and sell Seri..... I think we could have a couple of seasons going up and down

ByTheRiver

What you need to keep in mind is what players, in the likely event we go down, will stay and have experience of the championship. We are then very well placed to come back up/win the league. I think that is the plan from the top too.

Swapping everyone out who might not quite be good enough for PL and bringing in players who won't want to drop down is not the answer. There is a finer balance to be found. A managed risk.

Classic94

In an ideal world:

Ins - CB x2, DM, Winger/CF
Outs - Fabri, Christie (loan), MLM, Seri, Johansen (loan)

Signing at least one CB must be an immediate priority. The need for a versatile, goal-scoring winger's quite pressing too. I don't see many goals coming from Cavaleiro, Kebano, Knockaert and Reid.

filham

Hard to believe that we are expecting all of this movement with the season already underway.
I was hoping that with about three top signings we would by now have a team that was premier league ready .

PaulJ123

Cb and Winger are vital.

Should go in for Benrahma

Porthogs FC

Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 13, 2020, 09:06:12 AM
What you need to keep in mind is what players, in the likely event we go down, will stay and have experience of the championship. We are then very well placed to come back up/win the league. I think that is the plan from the top too.

Swapping everyone out who might not quite be good enough for PL and bringing in players who won't want to drop down is not the answer. There is a finer balance to be found. A managed risk.

Most of our loans to buys are structured around this mentality; none of them would stay with us should we go down. If all loan to buys are upgrades, no harm send 6 out on loan/selling those that wouldn't be here in 2 years and are too good for championship.

Rodak, Betts, Odoi, Sess, Tete, MLM, Hector, Ream, Mawson, Bryan, Robinson, Reed, McDc, Stef Jo, Cairney, Onomah, AK/BDR/Cav/Kebano and AK47 would likely all stay if we went down. Plus our youth. We already have next year in mind. I think we can still afford to sell a couple and loan out a couple. We need to strengthen for this year, and loan out those we won't use so they continue to get playing time.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: PaulJ123 on September 13, 2020, 11:16:16 AM
Cb and Winger are vital.

Should go in for Benrahma

Isn't he redundant to TC and JO? I think he is a fantastic player, but I do not see how he fits with the current roster.

I completely agree with a CB and Quality winger/Back up ST.