watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reality: We refuse to sign players that can play in the PL

Started by The Rock, September 12, 2020, 08:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Are the Khans stupid? They say they have learnt from their mistakes. It takes 2 cb's and a striker to stay up, but instead we are after rubbish fringe players and we refuse to sign these 3 simple additions that are needed.

We did not belong on the pitch today. Full credit to SP for giving the side that got us promoted their chance today. He had to. Now can we move on, or are we already planning on relegation?

Baszab

Clever tactics by SP

Played last season's team

We were always going to lose

Now he can bring in the new players without damaging morale

Saying .... sorry we need new players

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Baszab on September 12, 2020, 08:50:25 PM
Clever tactics by SP

This is what I'm thinking as well.    Plus, I think we still have to bring in two starters that aren't currently under contract with us yet.

We'll see who plays on Wednesday.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: The Rock on September 12, 2020, 08:45:57 PM
Are the Khans stupid? They say they have learnt from their mistakes. It takes 2 cb's and a striker to stay up, but instead we are after rubbish fringe players and we refuse to sign these 3 simple additions that are needed.

We did not belong on the pitch today. Full credit to SP for giving the side that got us promoted their chance today. He had to. Now can we move on, or are we already planning on relegation?

FFP? Fulham is a small club. How can you call yourself a football fan and not know how difficult it is to sign players?

We were not played off the pitch. What game did you watch?

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 12, 2020, 08:59:35 PM

FFP? Fulham is a small club. How can you call yourself a football fan and not know how difficult it is to sign players?

Sheff Utd had an incredible defence last season considering how little they pay.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Mr K.Dilkington

Clever tactics by SP

Kinda 500 IQ play if true. Gotta give it to Scott if true...
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

LCB and Striker are 100% a must. Can you imagine who'll score if Mitrovic were to get injured (praying he doesnt')? You have to plan for even more eventualities in the PL and we haven't thus far. Surely Scott must be sweating about the goals situation though...it's terrifying.
Foolish ham

filham

I don't disagree with most of the above but hold on a minute that was just our first match and against a top team.
Having said that the pressure is now on to get 4 points from the next two games otherwise we are at risk of being cast adrift at the bottom of the table.

ALG01

arsenal are a top side and their players are high quality
BUT
we do not have a single player that looks like a forward. no off the ball movement, no invention, no forward signed and we all know we need such people..what we have are lightweights and cav is just mr anonymous, pretty poor.

at the back contrary to what people have said in other threads ream was at fault for the first goal but was otherwise ok but hector was a disaster start to finish, he was genuinely one of the most disapointing performances I have seen for ages...we need a centre back.

onomah? what a waste of space today, completely out of his depth.

TK is still killing us. we need to bring in forwards and central defender quick, the season could slip away in the first six games.

Deeping_white

Quote from: ALG01 on September 12, 2020, 10:50:20 PM
BUT
we do not have a single player that looks like a forward. no off the ball movement, no invention, no forward signed and we all know we need such people..what we have are lightweights and cav is just mr anonymous, pretty poor.

at the back contrary to what people have said in other threads ream was at fault for the first goal but was otherwise ok but hector was a disaster start to finish, he was genuinely one of the most disapointing performances I have seen for ages...we need a centre back.

TK is still killing us. we need to bring in forwards and central defender quick, the season could slip away in the first six games.

This rhetoric that the season could slip away inside 6 games is utter sh*te I'm sorry, Palace literally lost 7 in a row without scoring and survived quite easily in the end. We all know there's work to be done in the window, I don't think anyone at the club is under that illusion but we've still got several new players yet to make debuts who will all improve the team. We've played one game with our championship squad and the only way things can go are up, starting with dropping in Tete, Areola, Aina and Lemina

blingo

+1

ALG01

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 12, 2020, 10:56:01 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on September 12, 2020, 10:50:20 PM
BUT

This rhetoric that the season could slip away inside 6 games is utter sh*te I'm sorry, Palace literally lost 7 in a row without scoring and survived quite easily in the end. We all know there's work to be done in the window, I don't think anyone at the club is under that illusion but we've still got several new players yet to make debuts who will all improve the team. We've played one game with our championship squad and the only way things can go are up, starting with dropping in Tete, Areola, Aina and Lemina

ignoring your unpleasant language. palace was a one off and they had a squad with players that were capable and an experienced manager.
our first 6 games barring this are ones we have to make an impression in and failing so to do will give us a massive mountain that we will be unlikely to climb.
the squad as in each of the last six seasons is lacking in key areas. we simply have an owners son that like s to buy lightweight wingers and samey central midfielders. we need a proper forward line and pair of centre backs. I have no doubt the new players may improve us but without a proper centre half and some movement up the pitch we will simply fade away like last time. Parker is, like slav, lile;y to be fighting with one hand tied behind his back.

arsenal are a quality side that barely got out of second gear but totally exposed what most of us knew already.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 12, 2020, 09:32:20 PM

Sheff Utd had an incredible defence last season considering how little they pay.

They did, but Sheffield United isn't Fulham. They're a working class team from a working class city and have a completely different philosophy than what Fulham has been for the last 100 years. More power to them and good for them, but creating a working class team centered around some sturdy English lads isn't Fulham and isn't London, it's Yorkshire.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 12, 2020, 11:54:40 PM
Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 12, 2020, 09:32:20 PM

They did, but Sheffield United isn't Fulham. They're a working class team from a working class city and have a completely different philosophy than what Fulham has been for the last 100 years. More power to them and good for them, but creating a working class team centered around some sturdy English lads isn't Fulham and isn't London, it's Yorkshire.
What?

..FOF..

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 12, 2020, 08:52:20 PM
Clever tactics by SP

This is what I'm thinking as well.    Plus, I think we still have to bring in two starters that aren't currently under contract with us yet.

We'll see who plays on Wednesday.

It is simple reward system and future motivation.

If we don't reward the people that got us promoted enough, how can we even expect the new signings to be motivated to perform?

A balance have to be struck.

The Panic Squad can try to panic again in mid-Oct maybe:)

Big T

Chill Winston
What was he supposed to do ? Bring in a bunch of players that just joined and don't know each other ?

I for one am proud he started our original line up, we've signed quality players so stop whining it's pathetic, Anguissa looked solid when he came on, Reed too
Abu and Keebano looked rusty along with Onomah and Cairney,

We are building a new stadium and I for one am grateful to our owners for what they are doing with our club

Now stop complaining after one game and get behind team
Thick & Thin

NJFulham

They need to buy players that are not totally against playing in the 2nd division.

Roberty

I agree

I can't think of why any PL player would not want to move from the PL club he is at now to the relegation favourites

It is a no brainer for all PL players to come to us
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

The Rock

The one where we were played off the pitch. Maybe you hadn't noticed, we lost 3-0.

Fulham 442

I think our recruitment should have been better when we were in the Championship last season given our aim was to bounce straight back up.  I know I have mentioned it on other threads but when we were promoted in 2001, automatically, we came up with an EPL team already in place, who knew each other and were full of confidence, which is why we stayed up.  Everyone knows that the team that played yesterday don't have the quality to do so, and the result proves that.  The problem that we are now facing is not only finding players to come to a team that are relegation favourites but to get them match fit, if necessary, and integrated into the team asap.  It certainly won't be easy to do so.