watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Right what's the plan for Ipswich?

Started by Black, White and Fred, September 13, 2020, 12:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black, White and Fred

Wholesale changes? Bed in the new lads or try and get some form/positivity into the starting 11?
Or a mix of the above?
Who starts for you?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

filham

No doubts, priority is to get the new players up and running and to decide if they are any better than players that played against Arsenal.
The next two premier league matches are games where we have to target points, lose them and  things will look very bad so Parker needs to find his best team without delay.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on September 13, 2020, 12:23:13 PM
Wholesale changes? Bed in the new lads or try and get some form/positivity into the starting 11?
Or a mix of the above?
Who starts for you?

Mixture of agendas to me.

1) Health
2) Build Partnerships
3) Confidence in attacking players

Gk - Rodak
Tete-Hector-Ream-Rob
Reed-Lemina
Cav-JO-BDR
Kamara

Subs:
Areola,Knock, Kebano, Jasper, Kmac, Aina, MLM

St Eve

I am waiting for the "who cares about the cup? Staying up is the priority " post. We never take the cup seriously theses days so I expect Christie to be cf.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: St Eve on September 13, 2020, 01:58:51 PM
I am waiting for the "who cares about the cup? Staying up is the priority " post. We never take the cup seriously theses days so I expect Christie to be cf.

For sure. I never understand those posts because it makes it seem like competing in the cup and staying up are mutually exclusive.

Statto

I'd just treat it like a friendly and give the new signings and second string a run out

Rodak

Tete/Aina - Odoi - MLM - Robinson 

Reed - Lemina

Knockaert - Onomah/Anguissa - Bryan

Reid

WestSussexWhite

Areola must start to get some minutes

Tete
Odoi
MLM
Robinson

Reed
Lemina
Anguissa

Knockaert
BDR
Cav

Mitro

Woolly Mammoth

I want to win a Cup or at least have a decent run. Winning becomes a likeable habit. You have to try and win every competition you enter, that's why it's called a Competition you are meant to compete.
Those that say I don't want to continue in the cup so let's play the tea lady have obviously never competed in any thing bigger than an egg and spoon race.
You must want to win everything including the toss.
That creates winners not sheep and " it's the taking part that counts brigade "
It appears some supporters would rather not even take part, they are afraid of there own shadows. They want to wrap Fulham players up in cotton wool, if they do, then prepare for further failure and accusations of a soft underbelly, no grit, no appetite, no hunger, no desire, no guts which is the ingredients for being no good.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hongkongfulham

We actually have a pretty sizable squad minus (ironically) at centre back so expect some rotation. It really is a game we need to win though, to remember we are players....

St Eve

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 13, 2020, 02:41:19 PM
I want to win a Cup or at least have a decent run. Winning becomes a likeable habit. You have to try and win every competition you enter, that's why it's called a Competition you are meant to compete.
Those that say I don't want to continue in the cup so let's play the tea lady have obviously never competed in any thing bigger than an egg and spoon race.
It appears some supporters would rather not even take part, they are afraid of there own shadows. They want to wrap Fulham players up in cotton wool, if they do, then prepare for further failure and accusations of a soft underbelly, no grit, no appetite, no hunger, no desire, no guts which is the ingredients for being no good.

totally agree. You and I are on the same page with this every season. I understand some tweaking. Maybe play our new GKV, but we should field our strongest team. Any win, any goals breeds confidence

FulhamStu

Quote from: St Eve on September 13, 2020, 03:11:15 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 13, 2020, 02:41:19 PM

totally agree. You and I are on the same page with this every season. I understand some tweaking. Maybe play our new GKV, but we should field our strongest team. Any win, any goals breeds confidence

At the moment I think most of our new players feature in our strongest team.

Black, White and Fred

I would go with this starting 11 for Ipswich:           

Areola
Aina  Hector  MLM  Robinson
             FZA   Reed
AK47       Lemina   Kebano
                  Mitro
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

colham

The key thing is Leeds on Saturday, then over week until Villa on 28th. 

If Scott wants the new guys in for Leeds it will depend on if they've got 2 games in them this week. 

I'd expect

Areola
Tete Hector MLM Robinson
Lemina Johansen Seri Jasper
Knockaert Stansfield

H4usuallysitting

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: colham on September 13, 2020, 08:15:49 PM
The key thing is Leeds on Saturday, then over week until Villa on 28th. 

If Scott wants the new guys in for Leeds it will depend on if they've got 2 games in them this week. 

I'd expect

Areola
Tete Hector MLM Robinson
Lemina Johansen Seri Jasper
Knockaert Stansfield

Based on what I saw yesterday Leeds are going to try and out work rate us.    If we have a lot of our starters in the Ipswich game they'll be dead by the second half of the Leeds game.

We have squad depth (if not quality in some positions).   We should use it.

Areaola

Tete  Odoi  MLM   Robinson

Lemina
Onomah            BDR

Knock    AK7       CAV

Of those players the only person I see starting against Leeds would be Knock and Tete.   I'm hoping we get in another wide player with pace before next weekend.   Also would hope we get in another CB.

Maidstone Lee

Areola

Tete Hector Ream Robinson

Reed/Lemina
                  Anguissa

Kamara   Onomah   Kebano

Mitrovic

Our new players need a chance to play together as soon as possible and this is a perfect oppertunity. Mitro needs another match under his belt to get back to full fitness. Cav for me offers very little along with BDR so Kebano needs to start again. Kamara more effective on the right.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

AnOldBrownie

Not sure how we start Mitro on Wednesday, then again on Saturday (against a running side like Leeds).    We're going to need him to help on in and out of possessions. 

Matt10

Parker made a mention about he wants to get more playing time for the new players and those who didn't play as many minutes. So I think he'll set up with:

Arreola

Tete    Odoi    MLM  Robinson

Anguissa    Johansen

BDR

Knockaert   Kamara    Aina

PaulJ123

Areola
Tete Hector MLM Robinson
StefJo
Zambo Onomah
Knockaert BDR Aina

Think Aina could be a good option on the wing but we need to see him in action

wheelerdeeler

Areola/Rodak and Tete/Aina dependant on who's starting against Leeds.

Areola/Rodak; Tete/Aina, Odoi, Le Marchand, Robinson; McDonald, Lemina, Johansen; Knockaert, Stansfield, Jasper.

Comes down to Parker in the end, and obviously it never hurts to win Football games- but at the same time having the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Rounds in back-to-back-to-back midweeks is awful and Parker might not want the "distraction" between the Leeds and Villa games especially.

That team is still more than good enough to go through though, and that'd be my attitude in the Cups. Don't "risk" anyone who'll be playing at the weekend, if we go through great, if we don't then I won't be crying too many tears.