A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FoF Man of the Match Ipswich v Fulham

Started by love4ffc, September 16, 2020, 06:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who was your FOF MOTM v Ipswich in Carabao Cup and why?

Areola
3 (2.1%)
Tete
60 (41.1%)
Odoi
4 (2.7%)
Kebano
1 (0.7%)
Mitrovic'
8 (5.5%)
Knockaert
1 (0.7%)
Lemina
2 (1.4%)
LE Marchand
12 (8.2%)
Lemina
1 (0.7%)
Anguissa
38 (26%)
Robinson
13 (8.9%)
Cairney
1 (0.7%)
Bryan
2 (1.4%)
Reed
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Voting closed: September 18, 2020, 06:34:29 PM

love4ffc

Lot's of first time players in this match so who was your FoF Man of the Match for the Ipswich v Fulham Carabao Cup? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Mitro for his header but loved the chip into the box from Tete. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Whitestone

Tete. Looked solid in an unremarkable match and got the assist for the goal.

AnOldBrownie

I've got to think about it.

If we had players other than Mitro that could attack the back post...I'd say Antonee Robinson.   I thought he should have had at least two assist.

Mitro cause he scored.

Honorable mention for Tete for the assist and Zambo 3rd (tied with Antonee).

Thought MLM and Odoi played well as a team.   

Deeping_white

Could go with Tete, Le Marchand, Anguissa or Robinson but I'll give it to Robinson for being a good outlet down the left, with Kenny Tete an honourable second place

cmg

Tete did enough to win the RB slot on Saturday.

Other new boys OK.

Anguissa MoM for me.
Although rarely forced out of his comfort zone, looked the Boss throughout.
Is he Mahamadou Diarra's grandson?

Bryanthebroom

Thought all of the new players did really well.

Areola: Very solid. Looks great with the ball at his feet.

Tete: Solid defensively. Quality balls in.

Lemina: Good playing that deep laying role. Some good long rang passes and has the ability to ghost past players.

Robinson: Looks amazing down the left. Going to give Bryan a real run for his money.

Anguissa: Looks great defensively and heaps of skill on the ball. Worringly gave quite a few easy passes away.

Dominated the game and feeling a lot more confident than after the game on Saturday.

cmg

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on September 16, 2020, 09:19:23 PM

Areola: Very solid. Looks great with the ball at his feet.

I'd certainly agree with that.
In fact, so comfortable did he look with the ball at his feet that when, deep into the second half, he ended up with the ball in his hands I was waiting for the ref to blow for a penalty.

@jolslover

My player ratings

Areola 7.5- Didn't really get tested but looked really good with his feet and claimed a few crosses which was really impressive
Tete 8.5- Very good debut, his crossing was brilliant. On another day could have had two assists. Picked Mitro out twice with 2 lovely crosses and looks to be the best crosser in our squad. Looked solid in possession as well
Odoi 7- Solid game from Denis, didn't make any mistakes and did a good job at CB
Le March 8- Really impressive game from Le March, was losing every aerial battle but was so good on the ball. Started so many attacks with his switches and looked composed.
Robinson 7.5- Strong debut from Robinson, got forward really well and took on defenders often beating them. His end product was at times wayward but promising overall!
Lemina 7.5- Good debut, thought he worked well with Anguissa and what I liked about him was he was always looking to play a forward pass
Anguissa 8- Another solid game, 1 or 2 misplaced passes but so good at retaining the ball and switching the play. Some people will dislike him because of how calm he is in game (ie not running around mindlessly) but look good again today
Bobby Reid 5.5- First 20 minutes looked rusty, making a few wayward touches and overall didn't impact the game as much as I would have liked from a 10. A few nice passes but again questionable finishing when presented with what I would say was a fairly easy rebound from Mitros header.
Kebano 6- Looked to take on his man which I always like about him but failed to make a proper impact today which you would expect him to do against League 1 opposition
Knockaert 6.5- Best out of three attacking mids, worked very hard to make things happen and get on the ball but at times too selfish for me with wayward shots. Textbook Knocky performance
Mitrovic 7- Held up the ball well and looked lively throughout (albeit looked a bit rusty first half). Good header for the goal

Overall, I would start Tete, MLM, Areola, Lemina and Anguissa next game. Doubt it will happen..
STH H3

fulhamben

as much as i dig him out for his end product, knockeart did actually have a good game, but i went with Tete. wow he really impressed me, i mean really impressed me. i know it was only Ipswich, but that was as good of debuet that you could ever hope for. he looks the real  deal
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

General

I voted for Lemina, although thought Anguissa or tete deserved it too. Reason being is he made things happen - he picked the ball up, tidied up where necessary and had good energy and pushed the team and play forward which I haven't seen us do in a while and it was a breath of fresh air for me. As someone said reminiscent of Murphy in the way he sprayed the ball around. He was also communicative which I appreciated. our new signings and welcoming back in Anguissa are all a level above for me.

I am wondering - if we have two holding / CM in Lemina and Anguissa - do you think they'd provide enough coverage and platform to perhaps see Seri come in and do well for us? I really do think Seri is a player who can unlock defences, but you need solid people behind him. I rate him as more creative than Cairney.

@jolslover

Quote from: General on September 16, 2020, 09:36:22 PM
I voted for Lemina, although thought Anguissa or tete deserved it too. Reason being is he made things happen - he picked the ball up, tidied up where necessary and had good energy and pushed the team and play forward which I haven't seen us do in a while and it was a breath of fresh air for me. As someone said reminiscent of Murphy in the way he sprayed the ball around. He was also communicative which I appreciated. our new signings and welcoming back in Anguissa are all a level above for me.

I am wondering - if we have two holding / CM in Lemina and Anguissa - do you think they'd provide enough coverage and platform to perhaps see Seri come in and do well for us? I really do think Seri is a player who can unlock defences, but you need solid people behind him. I rate him as more creative than Cairney.

Good post +1
STH H3

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: @jolslover on September 16, 2020, 09:28:26 PM
My player ratings

Areola 7.5- Didn't really get tested but looked really good with his feet and claimed a few crosses which was really impressive
Tete 8.5- Very good debut, his crossing was brilliant. On another day could have had two assists. Picked Mitro out twice with 2 lovely crosses and looks to be the best crosser in our squad. Looked solid in possession as well
Odoi 7- Solid game from Denis, didn't make any mistakes and did a good job at CB
Le March 8- Really impressive game from Le March, was losing every aerial battle but was so good on the ball. Started so many attacks with his switches and looked composed.
Robinson 7.5- Strong debut from Robinson, got forward really well and took on defenders often beating them. His end product was at times wayward but promising overall!
Lemina 7.5- Good debut, thought he worked well with Anguissa and what I liked about him was he was always looking to play a forward pass
Anguissa 8- Another solid game, 1 or 2 misplaced passes but so good at retaining the ball and switching the play. Some people will dislike him because of how calm he is in game (ie not running around mindlessly) but look good again today
Bobby Reid 5.5- First 20 minutes looked rusty, making a few wayward touches and overall didn't impact the game as much as I would have liked from a 10. A few nice passes but again questionable finishing when presented with what I would say was a fairly easy rebound from Mitros header.
Kebano 6- Looked to take on his man which I always like about him but failed to make a proper impact today which you would expect him to do against League 1 opposition
Knockaert 6.5- Best out of three attacking mids, worked very hard to make things happen and get on the ball but at times too selfish for me with wayward shots. Textbook Knocky performance
Mitrovic 7- Held up the ball well and looked lively throughout (albeit looked a bit rusty first half). Good header for the goal

Overall, I would start Tete, MLM, Areola, Lemina and Anguissa next game. Doubt it will happen..

Agree with almost all your ratings except  Knock.   No way can I give him any higher than 5.5.   We have a ton of crosses sent in from our left side...where is Knock to receive the crosses?    He gets shots...yet he shoots over the bar consistently.

Love his effort... but I don't see how in a game where we only scored 1 goal...he gets anything higher than a 6.    He doesn't even draw attention away from Mitro.

@jolslover

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 16, 2020, 09:38:23 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on September 16, 2020, 09:28:26 PM
My player ratings

Agree with almost all your ratings except  Knock.   No way can I give him any higher than 5.5.   We have a ton of crosses sent in from our left side...where is Knock to receive the crosses?    He gets shots...yet he shoots over the bar consistently.

Love his effort... but I don't see how in a game where we only scored 1 goal...he gets anything higher than a 6.    He doesn't even draw attention away from Mitro.

He is someone that splits opinion. He works hard but is selfish. He takes long range shots but always cuts in. I thought today he did more than Kebano and Reid that was all.
STH H3

fulhamben

honestly, if seri was an option this season, then i would have expected him to at least make the bench tonight. add to that, that tony only defended zambo on twiitter and not him, leads me to believe hes gone. and if you look at our squad now, some fan favourites from the past wont make the 25, so he would also have to make way for any new signings too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

Quote from: fulhamben on September 16, 2020, 09:40:31 PM

honestly, if seri was an option this season, then i would have expected him to at least make the bench tonight. add to that, that tony only defended zambo on twiitter and not him, leads me to believe hes gone. and if you look at our squad now, some fan favourites from the past wont make the 25, so he would also have to make way for any new signings too
Seri's agent has said that Seri doesn't want to stay at Fulham. Came up during the Inter links:

"Fulham are not against his departure because Jean-Michael would not want to stay for another season. The English club do not want to loan him out and only wants to sell him outright. The price is about €18 million but we know how the Coronavirus has affected the valuations of players. The price could also go down and if Inter's will is to bet on him the agreement is found"

https://www.fcinter1908.it/copertina/fcin1908-esclusiva-agente-seri/?fbclid=IwAR0EI_1j_DWZr0TFSwfJDswrA8wliCPXKKwrkZjadSH1SKx0La79Pkjt2L4

General

Quote from: Tabby on September 16, 2020, 09:44:07 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 16, 2020, 09:40:31 PM

Seri's agent has said that Seri doesn't want to stay at Fulham. Came up during the Inter links:

"Fulham are not against his departure because Jean-Michael would not want to stay for another season. The English club do not want to loan him out and only wants to sell him outright. The price is about €18 million but we know how the Coronavirus has affected the valuations of players. The price could also go down and if Inter's will is to bet on him the agreement is found"

https://www.fcinter1908.it/copertina/fcin1908-esclusiva-agente-seri/?fbclid=IwAR0EI_1j_DWZr0TFSwfJDswrA8wliCPXKKwrkZjadSH1SKx0La79Pkjt2L4

Appreciate that, but as of yet he doesn't seem to have an option - doesn't sound like Inter or Galatasary have stepped up particularly for his services. Also, a player can want to leave but get talked into staying.

Denzil Dexter

At last a right back who can defend properly. 

filham

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 16, 2020, 10:41:37 PM
At last a right back who can defend properly. 
I will go with Tete as MOM but before we get carried away remember we were playing a 1st division team, Odoi and MLM also looked pretty good at centre back.

b+w geezer

Stiffer tests awaited, but Tete put in two first-rate crosses, leading to one goal and one all-but, and the only danger down their left came after he'd been subbed.