more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker on the futures of seri and anguissa

Started by General, September 17, 2020, 08:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

fulhamben

Scott has been very consistent about frank. He likes him, I like him, so let's hope he stays
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

gang

I hope. Anguissa stays but Seri? Not convinced.

General

Going to let parker lead re seri. Think about lot of it will be based on his desire to play in the premiership and prove himself. We're arguably secondary or at least can be for a player as long as they see the bigger picture.

The quarantine reason is slightly suspect though as seri was with lemina in the hotel when he was signing and lemina played.

Perhaps it's parker saying that in a verbal arm round shoulder nurturing seri.

The Rational Fan

Last time we were in the premier league, we did better with Seri in the team than without him. Seri is not a great player, but he is very cheap (ignoring sunk costs) for us to keep. If we cannot get a good fee for Seri (which I think we cannot), then he will be useful as a squad player coming off the bench and filling in from time to time.

Tabby

Seri's agent has said that Seri wants a move. What Parker is saying doesn't contradict that, just saying that if we can't find him a move he'll still be in the squad.

But hopefully this will stop people from going on about how Anguissa hasn't been sold just because of Tony Khan wanting to prove a point.

filham

Anguissa could be good for us this season and lets hope we can keep hold of him. We now have five good players competing for three positions, Reed, Cairney, Omomah, Lemina, and Anguissa. Then there is johansen and McDonald in reserve and we are not yet sure how Aina fits in.

Can't se that there is any room for Seri, best cash in on him asap and spend big on a new striker and centre back.

Bassey the warrior

Seri wants a move and I expect him to go. If we hadn't got back Anguissa and signed Lemina I would be unhappy for him to go, as I rate him above Cairney, but with those two I can think we can afford to let him go. If he goes I hope we get a decent fee to spend on a cb.

Statto

Quote from: Tabby on September 17, 2020, 09:42:40 AM
hopefully this will stop people from going on about how Anguissa hasn't been sold just because of Tony Khan wanting to prove a point.

Are you suggesting Parker saying "Yes, the club want him to stay" contradicts that view?

Seems to reinforce it, if anything.

FWIW, I suspect all parties want him to stay. TK wants the decision to sign him vindicated, and Parker thinks he can be a good player for us.

BarryP

Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2020, 12:28:17 PM
hopefully this will stop people from going on about how Anguissa hasn't been sold just because of Tony Khan wanting to prove a point.

Are you suggesting Parker saying "Yes, the club want him to stay" contradicts that view?

No, Scott Parker saying this completely contradicts that theory.

"Yes, the club want him to stay – from my point of view he is [staying]. He's a player I love, he's a player that I've spent a lot of time with from when I first came [to the club]. He had his struggles early on when he first came in.

I think Frank knows exactly what I think of him. He's a player that I'm looking at to really be a major part of what we're trying to do this year."

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Tabby

FWIW, I suspect all parties want him to stay. TK wants the decision to sign him vindicated, and Parker thinks he can be a good player for us.

You might want to read more than the first half of a sentence.

"Yes, the club want him to stay – from my point of view he is [staying]. He's a player I love, he's a player that I've spent a lot of time with from when I first came [to the club]. He had his struggles early on when he first came in. I think Frank knows exactly what I think of him. He's a player that I'm looking at to really be a major part of what we're trying to do this year. Frank's been very, very professional. He has a sole focus about him which is getting as fit as he can and getting in this team."

Parker praising him as a player that he loves and wants to be a major part of what he is trying to do just might mean that he thinks he is a good player and wants him to stay. I dunno though, you're the expert.

Statto

Quote from: Tabby on September 17, 2020, 01:42:40 PM

You might want to read more than the first half of a sentence.

"Yes, the club want him to stay – from my point of view he is [staying]. He's a player I love, he's a player that I've spent a lot of time with from when I first came [to the club]. He had his struggles early on when he first came in. I think Frank knows exactly what I think of him. He's a player that I'm looking at to really be a major part of what we're trying to do this year. Frank's been very, very professional. He has a sole focus about him which is getting as fit as he can and getting in this team."

Parker praising him as a player that he loves and wants to be a major part of what he is trying to do just might mean that he thinks he is a good player and wants him to stay. I dunno though, you're the expert.

Thank you for the prickly reply and sarky comment.

Still not it sure it means anything, however.

If his boss, TK, has told him Anguissa is staying, Parker isn't going to come out in a press conference and say he doesn't want the player.

And even if he does genuinely rate the player (which as I said, IMO he probably does) that doesn't contradict any argument that TK wants to keep him to vindicate the decision to sign him. The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Not an "expert" opinion, just common sense frankly

BarryP

Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2020, 03:23:02 PM
If his boss, TK, has told him Anguissa is staying, Parker isn't going to come out in a press conference and say he doesn't want the player.

And even if he does genuinely rate the player (which as I said, IMO he probably does) that doesn't contradict any argument that TK wants to keep him to vindicate the decision to sign him. The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Extending the common sense argument, every DOF and manager wants every acquisition they have initiated to come good to vindicate their decisions. That argument only makes TK human so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Are you saying that TK is only human or is there another point?
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Statto

Quote from: BarryP on September 17, 2020, 06:30:32 PM

Extending the common sense argument, every DOF and manager wants every acquisition they have initiated to come good to vindicate their decisions. That argument only makes TK human so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Are you saying that TK is only human or is there another point?

Well now I'm totally confused because a few posts up you said "Scott Parker saying this completely contradicts that theory [that TK wants to keep Anguissa to vindicate the decision to sign him]". Now you're saying "TK is only human" for wanting to keep Anguissa to vindicate the decision to sign him. So I can't even tell whether you agree or disagree, sorry.

mrmicawbers

Objection your Honour,the question is argumentative.

Tabby

Thank you for the prickly reply and sarky comment.

You're welcome.

QuoteStill not it sure it means anything, however.

See, this is why you get the snarky comments. Parker comes out with glowing comments and your reaction is just to ignore it because it goes against whatever point you're trying to make

QuoteAnd even if he does genuinely rate the player (which as I said, IMO he probably does) that doesn't contradict any argument that TK wants to keep him to vindicate the decision to sign him. The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Indeed they aren't mutually exclusive. It would be strange if a DOF and the manager rating a player were mutually exclusive. But I don't know what that has to do with what you quoted me saying.

"hopefully this will stop people from going on about how Anguissa hasn't been sold just because of Tony Khan wanting to prove a point"

If we were to trust anything Parker says he wants to keep Anguissa at Fulham. Which goes against some of the narrative that the only reason that he is being kept is to protect Tony Khan's bruised ego. To me it is common sense to read the things you quote people saying.

RoyTund

Not sure I really buy the quarantine line. It seems he's been in the country at least as long ago as Lemina signing. It's pretty clear we want to sell and he wants to go.

In any case seems Anguissa is going to stay which could be Huge for us.

Milo

Jims Dentist

We don't want any Fulham player to fail, so if he stays I hope Anguissa works out for us this season,
But I am struggling to see it happening for him in English football given his languid style.

I would have taken the £22.5m offered for him.
Given the above posts, likely this may not be a popular opinion.
The next 8 months will tell, IF it happens I will be happy to be proved wrong.