more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 18/09/20...

Started by WhiteJC, September 17, 2020, 01:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Premier League predictions: Lawro v singer and Manchester United fan Raye

Frank Lampard's new-look Chelsea team will provide a tough early-season test for defending champions Liverpool, says former Reds defender Mark Lawrenson.

The Blues host Jurgen Klopp's side on Sunday, in this weekend's biggest game.

"Chelsea's attack will stretch Liverpool," Lawrenson said. "They gave the Reds some good games last season, and they have improved since then."

Lawro is making predictions for all 380 top-flight matches this season, against a variety of guests.

This weekend, he is up against singer and Manchester United fan Raye.

Raye, born Rachel Keen, has had two top-10 singles, written a song for Beyonce and worked with Stormzy and David Guetta, but says performing at Old Trafford in front of United legend Sir Alex Ferguson is up there with all of her career highlights.

The 23-year-old, whose latest track 'Natalie Don't' is out now, brought her dad - a huge United fan - up from London to meet Ferguson when she sang at a corporate event, and he did not disappoint.

"Singing to Sir Alex was an amazing moment - really special," she told BBC Sport.

"I know he was quite fearsome as a manager but he was a lovely guy. My dad was so excited to speak to him afterwards, and he seemed really nice.

"My dad is the reason I'm a United fan too - I was kind of strong-armed into it to be honest.

"When I was young I was like 'dad, I like Frank Lampard and I want to support Chelsea' - because everyone at school was talking about Frank every lunch break.

"That was never going to happen, though! I didn't have a choice, really - but I'm very happy to be a United fan."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
Leeds v Fulham (15:00 BST)

These are the other two promoted teams and, like West Brom, they both lost last weekend.

Those results do not really tell the full story, though. Leeds could not really have had a much more positive return to the top flight, despite their defeat at Anfield.

There's a chance Leeds captain Liam Cooper will be back on Saturday after missing the Liverpool game with a calf injury, and he would obviously improve them defensively.

I'm backing Marcelo Bielsa's side to get the win this time, especially because they are playing at Elland Road.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Raye's prediction: There will definitely be some goals in this one. 3-1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54156197

WhiteJC

Parker coy on new signings

Scott Parker revealed that Fulham are working hard behind the scenes to bring in new players, but was coy about a new approach for Terence Kongolo as he took questions from the press ahead of Saturday's trip to Leeds.

The Fulham boss wouldn't directly address the specifics of the club's revitalised interest in Dutch international Kongolo, who was briefly on loan at Craven Cottage from Huddersfield last season before breaking a bone in his foot. He admitted that central defensive reinforcements are his priority before the end of the transfer window, but also hinted at interest in recruiting further forward options.

"Defensively we've not brought in many players, some full backs but not centrally. Certainly midfield we've brought in some players but front half and defensively we're looking to improve and make us better."

"I don't think there's a number on it. There's areas where we needed improving. We're active in a tough market and we're trying our hardest to get them players in to give us every chance of being successful this year. We'll keep trying to do that. To evolve as team you need to keep doing that with the players. You don't want to sign them for the sake of it."

Pressed specifically on Kongolo, Parker said:

"At this moment he is a Huddersfield player but we are in the market to try and improve us. We all understand where we need to strengthen from when we were last in the Premier League. Until players are over the line I wouldn't like to comment."

The Fulham head coach was also largely non-committal on Cyrus Christie's proposed switch to Nottingham Forest.

"Cyrus had a big impact last year but I don't know where that [move to Nottingham Forest] is [at the moment]. He's a Fulham player, he's been training with us but I haven't got the information to give."

He said that the medical staff and coaches plan to assess the players' fitness tomorrow before making final decisions on the composition of Fulham's starting line-up for the trip to Elland Road.

"We'll have to see. We got back late last night and they're just doing their recovery. We'll have to make a judgement where the players are at physically. You need players at their peak of fitness. With the quick turnaround in pre-season and players late into the building some are just a little bit short. That will make us better but if not I'm not going to risk players. Everyone pulled through last night. At this moment there's nothing jumping out at us."

Parker admitted that he faces a tricky dilemma in selecting his goalkeeper after Alphonse Areola kept a clean sheet at Ipswich on his debut last night.

"The goalkeeper department is one of a few where I have big decisions to make. I've got two keepers fighting here who are very good in their own right. The same applies in midfield, wide players. They're decisions that you want as a manager."

He had words of praise for Mario Lemina, who got through an impressive hour's work at Portman Road on his first appearance since signing on loan from Southampton.

"When he first game to the Premier League I think everyone saw what qualities he has that suit this league. He has that extra vision, he can open a door, he can assist but also use the physical side of his game and his technical ability. I think he will bring massive quality to us."

Parker is not too downhearted following the defeat to Arsenal on the opening day and remains under no illusions about the pressures of competing in the Premier League.

"We learned the fine margins of Premier League football. We started well and we had some half chances that fell our way that you probably need to take. We realise the quality of this league but it was highlighted that you get punished when you make mistakes. I'm a realist really. I understand where we are, and what surrounds football. There's a lot of talk, where's the next story. I find it quite sad at times. We've played one game in the Premier League, there's an awful lot (of games) to play."

He certainly won't be taking Leeds lightly after Marcelo Bielsa's side beat them 3-0 back in June. Parker may take confidence from Fulham's home win over the Yorkshire side before Christmas, although he bristled at suggestions he criticised their tactical approach after that game.

"I'm not sure I used the word robotic. It was a compliment meant to Leeds, I'm sure Marcelo never had an issue, it was probably more of headline. It was more for how well drilled they are and we saw against Liverpool what a tough side they are. Everyone who goes against Leeds fully understands what they're up against."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/parker-coy-on-new-signings/

WhiteJC

Fulham's Christie set for Forest loan move

Cyrus Christie is set for a loan move to Nottingham Forest.

The 28-year-old right-sided defender has fallen down the pecking order at Fulham following the arrivals of both Olna Aina and Kenny Tete.

Christie could complete his move to the City Ground before the weekend in time to face Cardiff City.

Last season, he made 31 Fulham appearances in all competitions, scoring just once – a cracker to beat QPR 2-1 in June.

He is now set for a return to the Championship, where he previously feature for Middlesbrough and Derby.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/whites-defender-set-for-nottingham-forest-move

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Scott Parker relishing prospect of latest Leeds United battle
FULHAM boss Scott Parker says his side are relishing the prospect of Saturday's Premier League clash at Leeds United and that he was being complimentary in previously alluding to "scripted movements" from the Whites.

Parker alluded to United's scripted movements and how he prepared to combat them following his side's 2-1 victory at home to Leeds last December which saw the Cottagers move up to third in the Championship table in pursuit of top two United and West Brom.

Whites head coach Marcelo Bielsa then said that to describe his players as akin to machines would "underestimate them" and despite wobbles from both the Baggies and Whites, Leeds and West Brom went on to seal automatic promotion to the Premier League with Fulham having to settle for finishing fourth.

The Cottagers then ensured they would join both Championship winners United and runners-up West Brom in the Premier League when sealing promotion through the play-offs after overcoming Cardiff City in the semi-finals and Brentford in the final.

Just two games into the new top flight campaign, the Whites and Cottagers will again lock horns at Elland Road this weekend with Saturday's 3pm kick-off arriving less than three months after Bielsa's side saw off visiting Fulham 3-1 at the end of June in a key game in the automatic promotion race.

Parker's side suffered a 3-0 loss at home to Arsenal in their first fixture back in the Premier League before Leeds excelled in a 4-3 loss at defending champions Liverpool but Parker says his side cannot wait to again take on United in their own back yard.

"I watched large parts of Leeds last year and played against them twice," said Parker, reflecting on United's display at Anfield when speaking at his pre-match press conference and as quoted by football.london.

"They're a physical, well-drilled team. I won't be surprised when they continue to do that for the rest of the year. Is it a concern? No because I already know the challenge and it's a challenge we're relishing.

"We'll go looking to win the game."

Asked about referring to United's players as being robotic, Parker said: "It was a compliment meant to Leeds, I'm sure Marcelo never had an issue, it was probably more of headline.

"It was more for how well drilled they are and we saw against Liverpool what a tough side they are.

"Everyone who goes against Leeds fully understands what they're up against."

Fulham followed Saturday's defeat at home to Arsenal with Wednesday night's 1-0 win at Ipswich Town in the second round of the Carabao Cup in which striker Aleksandar Mitrovic bagged the only goal of the game.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/fulham-boss-scott-parker-relishing-prospect-latest-leeds-united-battle-2975397

WhiteJC

Scott Parker: Fulham still in the market for new players

Manager Scott Parker insists Fulham are still in the market for new players as they prepare for their second Premier League match of the season against Leeds on Saturday.

Last season's Sky Bet Championship play-off winners struggled on their top-flight return as Arsenal ran out comfortable 3-0 winners in the season opener at Craven Cottage.

However, Parker has reasons to be optimistic after his side, which included four debutants in Alphonse Areola, Mario Lemina, Kenny Tete and Antonee Robinson, progressed through to the third round of the Carabao Cup with a 1-0 victory over Ipswich.

The 39-year-old is also hoping to add more faces to his squad before the end of the summer transfer window on October 5, but remains wary after the club spent more than £100million when they were last promoted to the Premier League in 2018.

"We're in the market to bring some players in to try and improve us," Parker said.

"We've done some business in some players but, at the same time, I think we all realise where we need to improve and where we need to strengthen from the last time we were in the Premier League.

"And obviously realising that, we're going to try and do that if we can."

Aleksandar Mitrovic netted his 50th goal for the club at Portman Road on Tuesday night on his 102nd appearance, and finished last season as the Championship's golden boot winner with 26 goals.

However, midfielder Tom Cairney was next on Fulham's leading scorers list with eight, and attack is one of the areas Parker wants to strengthen.

The former England international said: "I think it's clear defensively we've not brought in many players. Obviously we brought in some full-backs but certainly in the central areas we've not brought in many players.

"Everywhere else in the squad and around the pitch I think we've improved. Certainly in the midfield we brought in some players and a goalie as well, but I think front half and defensively those are areas which we're hopefully looking to try and improve and make us better."

When asked whether he was concerned about an over-reliance on Mitrovic, Parker said: "I think for sure goals need to come from all over the pitch, and we need to get that from midfield and from our wide areas, of course.

"But I think like any team there's going to be a central figure.

"If you look at any team there's always going to be a central figure that gets you the most goals and Mitro's obviously that man for us. He was last year and I'm sure he's going to be that man for us this year."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/scott-parker-fulham-still-in-the-market-for-new-players-1600356594000

WhiteJC

'Never exclude anything': Director says reported Fulham and Leicester target could be sold

Bayer Leverkusen's sporting director Simon Rolfes has refused to rule out selling Jonathan Tah to Leicester City or Fulham before the transfer window slams shut, while speaking in quotes reported by Fussball Transfers.

If Fulham fans were hoping that they had learned their lessons from a disastrous 2018/19 Premier League season, which ended in a 19th-place finish and a tally of 81 in the Goals Against column, Saturday's opening day thumping at the hands of Arsenal hardly eased those fears.

As Willian and co ripped through Scott Parker's back line again and again, the Cottagers looked as slack and error-prone as they did in their last spell in the big time.

So signing a Germany international with a handful of Champions League appearances on his CV would represent a major step in the right direction.

The Telegraph reports that Tah is on Fulham's radar and, while the £33 million-rated giant would not come cheap, Premier League survival is absolutely priceless.

"He's a player who can improve. I trust him to play a much better role and take a step forward," Rolfes says of a man who has stagnated after a bright start to his career at Leverkusen.

"Although the general rule is: 'You can never exclude anything (about a sale)'."

The Telegraph adds that Leicester are also interested in a commanding centre-half. Tah's classy, ball-playing style certainly makes him a tailored fit for Brendan Rodgers' possession-based principles.

But the Foxes are prioritising St Etienne's Wesley Fofana at present, with Tah merely a back-up option.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/17/never-exclude-anything-director-says-reported-fulham-and-leicester-target-could-be-sold/

WhiteJC

Fulham v Wednesday Carabao Cup details

The Owls' Carabao Cup clash with Fulham will take place next Wednesday, 23 September.

The third round tie will kick off at 7.00pm at Craven Cottage.

Wednesday reached the third round with wins over Walsall and Rochdale, while the Cottagers advanced past Ipswich.

A live stream of the game will be available to purchase for UK subscribers priced £10 at carabaocup.live

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/fulham-v-wednesday-carabao-cup-details/

WhiteJC

Fulham enter Bremer race

Fulham are the latest English side to join the race for Torino centre back Gleison Bremer, according to reports from Italy this afternoon.

Sportitalia have suggested that the Whites have made an approach for the Brazilian defender, who has been heavily linked with a move to Everton already this summer. Scott Parker admitted earlier today that the Londoners are looking to bring in centre backs as a priority during his press conference prior to Saturday's game against Leeds.

The 23 year-old had an impressive second season in Italy, scoring five goals in 35 appearances, as Torino secured Serie A status for another year. He came through the youth ranks at Sao Paulo Desportivo Brasil before joining Atlético Mineiro in March 2017. His dominant displays quickly cemented him as one of the Braseilero's brightest prospects and he signed for Torino for just over £5m two summers ago. Strong in the air and a good reader of the game, Bremer could have several suitors if – as rumoured – Torino are willing to listen to offers this summer.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/fulham-enter-bremer-race/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker confirms Fulham stance on defensive reinforcements amid Terence Kongolo links

The centre-back has been rumoured to be Premier League-bound as he recovers from an injury sustained while on loan with the Cottagers

Fulham manager Scott Parker stopped short of confirming the Cottagers are working on a deal to bring Terence Kongolo back to the club but not-so-cryptically indicated they are in the market for defensive reinforcements.

Huddersfield Town's record signing moved to Craven Cottage on loan in January and has been linked with another move away several times this summer.

Fulham's name has already come up previously, with Dutch side AZ Alkmaar and Turkish giants Fenerbahce also reportedly in the frame earlier in the transfer window.

Those links to Fulham have been reignited this week with reports suggesting they are bidding to make him a permanent addition to their squad.

Asked whether he could shed any light on the situation, Parker told Football.London: "At this moment no, not really, he's a Huddersfield player, not our player.

"We're in the market to try and bring some players in to improve us.

"We've done some business but at the same time I think we all realise where we need to improve and where we need to strengthen from the last time in the Premier League. We're going to try and do that if we can."

That all but confirms that Fulham are indeed in the market for a defender: they conceded more goals (81) than any other Premier League side in their last top flight season in 2018/19. We'll save you looking: that's five more than Town shipped.

Parker's side started the new Premier League season with a 3-0 defeat to Arsenal.

Fulham are clearly keen on Kongolo having taken him on loan back in January, and it is not inconceivable they might have made that into a permanent deal had a broken foot not curtailed his season just nine minutes into his first Championship outing for the Terriers.

Town head coach Carlos Corberan has also confirmed that Kongolo will likely be allowed to leave the club this summer.

He said at his press conference on Thursday afternoon: "From when I arrived here with the club he wasn't working with us [the first-team squad]. He continues following his rehabilitation process.

"But I think he is going to be one of the players that has options to not stay with us in the next year."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/scott-parker-fulham-transfer-kongolo-18952942

WhiteJC

Scott Parker reacts to Leeds's opening day performance in 4-3 loss

Scott Parker has insisted, in comments reported by Football London, that he was not at all surprised by Leeds United's performance in their dramatic opening day defeat.

The Whites were beaten 4-3 at the home of the champions. But it was a game which saw Marcelo Bielsa's side make a fantastic statement upon their return to English football's top table.

They equalised three times against Liverpool. And it was only a late penalty that decided the contest. Leeds's performance has prompted many to laud the Championship title-winners.

Many are watching on fascinated to see how Bielsa fares against some of the world's best managers, with many taking a seat in the opposite dugout to the Argentinian for the first time.

One boss who does know what it is like to come up against Bielsa however, is Parker. Leeds and Fulham were promoted together last season, with both sides claiming one win each.

And the Fulham man insisted that his previous experience of coming up against Bielsa meant that he was not one of those who was taken aback by how the Whites played at Anfield.

"It wasn't a surprise for me at all," he said, as reported by Football London, when asked if the performance shocked him. "I watched large parts of Leeds last year. They're a team we looked at a lot. They're a physical, well-drilled team.

"I'm not going to be surprised when they carry on doing that throughout the year. The team has been settled for some time under the managment and understand what is expected of them. Is it a concern, no not really, it's a challenge we're relishing and looking forward to."

TBR View: Midweek Hull defeat may help Leeds

On paper, it appears to be a safe bet to back Leeds to beat Fulham. They both lost on the opening day. However, while Leeds stunned many, Fulham were poor against Arsenal and were beaten comfortably.

That is potentially where Leeds's Carabao Cup defeat to Hull City may prove beneficial to Bielsa's men.

While the boss made 11 changes, it certainly brought the team back down to earth. It may have just provided the club with a small reminder of what can happen when they are not at their best.

Leeds proved that they have the quality to push any side in the division. But Bielsa will be reminding his squad that they cannot afford to take their next opponents lightly.

https://tbrfootball.com/scott-parker-reacts-to-leedss-opening-day-performance-in-4-3-loss/

WhiteJC

Fulham, West Ham, Everton Interested In Services Of Manchester City Center Back

At least three English Premier League clubs are reportedly battling for the signature of Manchester City's Nigerian defender Tosin Adarabioyo.

According to the Guardian UK, Everton, West Ham and Fulham have expressed an interest in signing Adarabioyo in the summer transfer window.

The center back is eager to play in the top-flight of English football after tasting action in the Championship during back-to-back loan spells with West Brom and Blackburn Rovers.

Adarabioyo wants to move on to pastures new as a result of being way behind in manager Pep Guardiola's pecking order of center backs, with the likes of Aymeric Laporte, Nathan Ake, Nicolas Otamendi, John Stones and Eric Garcia ahead of him.

The 22-year-old has managed only eight appearances for the Citizens in all competitions since making his professional debut in the FA Cup against Chelsea in February 2016.

He has been on the books of City since the age of five and his current contract runs out in June 2021.

Igho Kingsley

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=37421

WhiteJC

Report: Everton and Fulham battling for Brazilian defender Gleison Bremer

Everton and Fulham are reportedly interested in acquiring the services of Torino defender Gleison Bremer.

SportItalia, via Football Italia, have claimed the Premier League sides are keen to snap up the Brazilian central defender, who cost the Serie A outfit cost €5.8 million/£5.3 million in 2018.

Bremer had an impressive season last term for Torino, making 35 appearances and scoring a respectable five goals.

Everton have recently sprung into life in the transfer window with the signings of James Rodriguez, Allan and Abdoulaye Doucoure, but the Toffees are yet to add a new defender to their ranks.

Newly promoted Fulham very recently did business with Torino, signing Ola Aina from them on a season-long loan.

Supposedly, the player is indeed open to a move to England (via TEAMtalk).

TBR's View – Bremer another Brazilian to Everton?

Everton may feel confident in landing Bremer given there is already a strong Brazilian contingent at Goodison Park.

There are currently three players from the country at the club in Bernard, Richarlison and new signing Allan, with Andre Gomes and Joao Virginia also speaking the same language as Bremer.

That might be a nice lure for the player, who appears to have good physical qualities that could help him adapt to the Premier League nicely.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-everton-and-fulham-battling-for-brazilian-defender-gleison-bremer/

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Preview: Leeds United vs. Fulham

Take a listen a podcast to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

This episode was a preview of the match for Fulham against Leeds United. Joining us during the show was Kevin Markey from Leeds United Mad, and Jamie Reid From FFCtv.

You can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2020/9/17/21444113/cottage-talk-preview-leeds-united-vs-fulham

WhiteJC

Leeds v Fulham – Opposition Preview

One of the most bizarre things about our opening game was the calmness I felt, even when losing. A match like that last year would've given me a stroke (consider the Birmingham fixture last December) but this time I was able to enjoy the ride with no expectations, knowing as long as we performed well I'd come away happy. I'm afraid that for our next match we might lapse into the old familiar discomfort whereby nothing but a win will suffice, I'm of course talking about Leeds v Fulham.

These games against fellow promoted teams would've been arguably our toughest league fixtures last season, but now they are considered our easiest and therefore the most vital ones to take points from. Thankfully we beat them comfortably enough just a few months ago so we know we're capable of making light work of this opposition. I'm hoping this knowledge will ease the pre-match tension a little.

Leeds v Fulham – Tactics

Another strange element to the Liverpool game was that we took our chances so clinically; three shots on target, three goals. Maintain that (outperforming our xG by a factor of ten) and we might put a dozen past poor Fulham. Bamford might even manage double figures before Christmas. A contributing factor to this is likely that we didn't have to spend the match trying to find openings in a tedious defensive shape of eleven men packing their own penalty area far too tightly for Covid regulation compliance. We've long known that the simplest remedy to our customary profligacy is to open the game up – given that we're more likely to score from an opposition corner than from one of our own.

Fulham will probably see this as a game they need to take something from and will therefore need to attack us, as they attempted to last time (Mitrovic clearly interpreting the instructions literally and opening the encounter with an elbow in the face of pure, innocent Ben White), which will surely only work in our favour.

Indeed, until we have demonstrated our quality to the rest of the teams in the Premier League we will probably see a lot of attacking opportunities, even before teams like City and Liverpool are forced to park the bus when they know Bielsaball is coming.

Leeds v Fulham – New Signings

Fulham's recruitment this summer has been more restrained than the last time they were promoted to this level with their biggest outlays being for Antony Knockaert and Harrison Reed following loan spells last season. This means no fresh marquee signings, the only new additions to the squad are loans and additions to improve their strength in depth, none of whom even made an appearance in their opening defeat to Arsenal. A similarly tough first game to our own but one which must have brought them back down to earth with a bump while we remain buoyant despite both being on zero points.

Even their new French international goalkeeper loaned from PSG, Alphonse Areola (yep, the outer part of your nipple) needs to get up to speed and earn his starting spot in the league. A few of these new signings were given chances to impress in the huge 1-0 win vs Ipswich on Wednesday night, so whether any have done enough to face Leeds remains to be seen.

Leeds v Fulham – Form

This new, reserved approach to a Premier League return is likely to serve Scott Parker and his side better than wholesale changes over the course of the season; after all, the transfer market can be fickle. You might spend £40M in one day on two top international players and both could give away penalties on their debut, costing you points against the league champions... I jest, but signings do take time to bed in; now may well be a great time to play Fulham, they had an inconsistent end to the 2019/20 season and have had the same short pre-season as everyone else and a tough, demoralising first result.

Last season's top scorer, Mitrovic, has had a long return from injury and was only fit enough for 27 minutes against Arsenal, but did manage 90 minutes and a goal in the League Cup midweek fixture so there's a good chance he'll start against us too. No Ben White to try bully this year for the big Serb, but let's see how he deals with big Koch up his, ahem, I mean of course: with Koch marking him closely from behind.

Summary

Bielsa made it clear in our mid-week League Cup fixture that our focus is primarily on the Premier League with a starting XI of nine U21s and two reserves (Spain's number 9 of course still Bamford's understudy, for the time being). I suspect lining up against Fulham we'll see an unchanged team from the Liverpool game unless Cooper is fit to return.

Given the disjointed performances we've seen from the youngsters so far this season and the complete lack of wins for the club at any level in the last week or two, we could do with a good display and three points. It's not the be all and end all, not at this early stage of the season, but you would certainly expect Bielsa to out-manage Fulham's WWI RAF pilot in disguise and without an upset – either in the form of a poor showing from us or some sort of fluke on their part – Saturday should see us earn our first Premier League points in 16 years.

https://rightinthegarykellys.com/leeds-v-fulham-opposition-preview/

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Scott Parker responds to Cyrus Christie Nottingham Forest link

The Reds are reportedly keen to wrap up a deal for the defender

Fulham boss Scott Parker has not dismissed rumours of Nottingham Forest's move for Cyrus Christie and says it would be "incorrect" to give any further update on the Reds' hope of landing the full-back.

Forest are reportedly lining up a swoop for the Fulham right-back with speculation mounting a deal is set to be announced before the weekend's clash against Cardiff City.

The Reds are looking to bolster their options in that position having sold Matty Cash to Aston Villa in the summer and are said to be keen on Christie to fill the void.

The 27-year-old played 31 games for Fulham last season as they won promotion to the Premier League and came on as a sub in their 2-1 win over Brentford in the Championship play-off final last month.

But when asked today, Parker would not be drawn on Christie's future with the player yet to appear for the Cottagers in the Premier League this season.

"I think Cyrus had a big impact last year," he said.

"At this moment in time I don't know where that is.

"It would be incorrect of me to give any detail of exactly what is happening at the moment, he's a Fulham player and training with us."

Forest boss Sabri Lamouchi also remained coy when asked about his interest in the former Coventry defender.

He said: "He is not a Forest player," Lamouchi told NottinghamshireLive.

"We can mention rumours and a lot of players, but I can just talk about players who are at Forest.

"But it is a good name."

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/cyrus-christie-forest-fulham-move-4526733

WhiteJC

Premier League clubs urge government to stick to October 1 for fans' return
Clubs want government to "remain committed to October 1 date for controlled return of fans to sporting venues"

Premier League clubs have urged the government to remain committed to the scheduled controlled return of fans on October 1 following a virtual meeting on Thursday.

Boris Johnson said last week plans for fans to return to sports stadiums from October 1 are to be reviewed, but that "doesn't mean we are abandoning it completely, we just need to review it".

Eight EFL clubs have been given permission to admit up to 1,000 spectators at games this weekend as part of the ongoing 'return of fans' pilot programme, with the organisation still in discussions with the government about a return for supporters in greater numbers after October 1.

The Premier League and its clubs met virtually on Thursday to discuss the return of their supporters to stadiums, noting the "significant impact" of the loss of matchday revenues during the coronavirus pandemic.

A statement from the Premier League read: "Safety remains the number one priority and clubs reiterated their commitment to ensuring Premier League stadiums will be among the safest public places, through the effective use of a wide range of mitigation measures.

"Clubs will adopt a range of common standards, which will help deliver bio-secure, safe environments for fans across the League.

"Clubs reaffirmed that the continued loss of matchday revenues is having a significant impact across the League as well as on the football pyramid and local and national economies.

"Taking into account the high safety standards which will be set by the Premier League in conjunction with the relevant public authorities, the League and clubs urge government to remain committed to the October 1 date for the controlled return of fans to sporting venues."

The Premier League said last week it had written to the Government to warn football stands to lose £100m a month while matches are played behind closed doors.

A statement released on Friday read: "The Premier League has written to government today to express its concern at the decisions taken to restrict, and potentially delay, the planned programme for the return of fans to football stadiums.

"With test events now capped at 1,000 supporters, we believe they will not provide any opportunity to properly test and evaluate measures designed to maximise fan safety.

"Therefore, Premier League clubs will defer holding test events until a sufficient number of fans are allowed back to enable thorough trials to take place. At 1,000 supporters, not only would there be little to learn from a test event, but each match would be heavily loss-making.

"For each month of the season without fans, more than £100m is lost to football across the leagues, with consequent damage to the local and national economy.

Eight EFL games to host fans this weekend

Norwich and Middlesbrough are among eight EFL clubs who will be allowed to admit up to 1,000 spectators at games this weekend.

From the Championship, Norwich's home clash with Preston and Middlesbrough's match versus Bournemouth will both see fans allowed into the ground.

Luton were due to host fans for their Championship fixture against Derby on Saturday, but pulled out, citing a lack of preparation time as the reason.

In League One Charlton vs Doncaster Rovers, Blackpool vs Swindon Town, Shrewsbury vs Northampton and Hull vs Crewe will also see supporters admitted.

Forest Green Rovers vs Bradford City and Carlisle United vs Southend will host fans in the League Two fixtures. Morecambe had been due to host supporters for their match against Cambridge, but also pulled out.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12074460/premier-league-clubs-urge-government-to-stick-to-october-1-for-fans-return

WhiteJC

WBA or Brentford in round four for the Owls or Fulham!

The draw for the fourth round of the Carabao Cup has been made ahead of the third round ties which take place next week.

The winners of Wednesday's clash with Fulham at Craven Cottage will face either West Brom or Brentford away from home in round four.

Garry Monk's side have defeated Walsall and Rochdale on the road in rounds one and two so far.

They head to Premier League Fulham on Wednesday 23 September (7.00pm).

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/wba-or-brentford-in-round-four-for-the-owls-or-fulham/

WhiteJC

Johansen poised to leave Fulham – but Anguissa set to stay

Stefan Johansen looks likely to leave Fulham – potentially for Galatasaray – but André-Frank Anguissa is apparently set to stay.

Johansen made almost half of his 33 appearances from the bench last season.

Fulham are ready to let him and fellow midfielder Kevin McDonald go following the signings of Harrison Reed and Mario Lemina.

And Scott Parker indicated that Johansen will be allowed to seek pastures new when the Fulham boss was asked about the Norway international's future.

"Given the squad at the moment – it's big, and while the window's still open there might be opportunities for players who might not be getting game time," Parker explained.

"I don't want anyone who didn't want to be here.

"The door's open for players who want to come in – and players who want to leave."

Galatasaray have expressed an interest in Johansen, who has two years left on his contract.

Ironically, the Turkish giants wanted him in 2016 but he opted to join Fulham instead from Celtic.

Last season he was loaned out to West Brom.

McDonald is in the same boat. The 31-year-old made just 18 appearances last season. He has only a year left on his current deal.

Fulham to keep Anguissa
Many Fulham fans would have been willing to bet Anguissa would be on his way this summer.

They would stand to lose their money, according to Parker.

Anguissa cut a mostly sorry figure last time around in the Premier League when he failed to get to grips with life in the English top flight.

His subsequent loan to Villarreal last season had clubs sniffing around hoping for a permanent Fulham departure.

But Parker squashed flat any notion he wants to sell the Cameroon international.

"The club want him to stay, and I want him to stay," Parker insisted.

"He would be the first to say he has his struggles when he first came here, but we haven't seen the best of him by a long way.

"The Premier League is the best place for him to showcase his talents."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-stefan-johansen-andre-frank-anguissa-latest-1997321

WhiteJC

Report: West Ham, Fulham and Newcastle join Leeds in race for £12m-rated Arsenal man

TeamTalk have claimed that West Ham United, Newcastle United and Fulham have all joined Leeds United in the race to sign Arsenal defender Calum Chambers this summer – after the Gunners performed a u-turn and chose to keep Rob Holding.

Former Bolton man Holding was being linked with a loan move to Newcastle but after a good start to the season, it appears Arsenal are now ready to keep Holding. But Mikel Arteta still needs to bring in some cash, and Chambers is on the firing list.

The report states Leeds are interested in signing 25-year-old defender Chambers, who can play in numerous positions inncluding right-back, centre-back and midfield. It is believed Arsenal want £12million for the ex-Southampton star.

But they are not the only team interested in Chambers. Indeed, Fulham want to re-sign Chambers – while West Ham and Newcastle have joined the race for the England cap, with the latter still keen on a defender after failing to nab Holding.

TBR's view – Which club is best for Chambers?

Following Saturday's 3-0 defeat to Arsenal, Fulham look sloppy defensively and with many punters, they are the favourites to go down. A second relegation with the Cottagers is hardly something Chambers wants on his CV.

West Ham need a defender, with James Tarkowski being linked with the London Stadium – while Newcastle are seemingly keen. But Leeds are more in need of a defender than most, and on paper, Chambers is perfect for Leeds.

Marcelo Bielsa is renowned for liking versatile players due to his small squads and Chambers is just that. With Leeds needing a centre-back and requiring cover at right-back and in holding midfield, Chambers is absolutely perfect.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-west-ham-fulham-and-newcastle-join-leeds-in-race-for-12m-rated-arsenal-man/

WhiteJC

Michael Owen states his prediction for Leeds United v Fulham
Michael Owen is backing Leeds United to secure a comfortable win against Fulham at Elland Road on Saturday afternoon

Michael Owen is backing Leeds United to secure a comfortable win against Fulham at Elland Road on Saturday afternoon.

Leeds lost 4-3 to defending Premier League champions Liverpool FC in their first top-flight fixture in 16 years following their promotion.

Although Marcelo Bielsa's side suffered a narrow loss to the Reds at Anfield, the Championship winners were widely praised for their plucky performance.

Leeds will take on a Fulham side that lost 3-0 to Arsenal in their first Premier League fixture as Scott Parker's team endured a chastening return to top-flight football.

The Cottagers were 1-0 winners against Ipswich Town in the League Cup on Thursday night, while Leeds United suffered a defeat by Hull City on penalties.

Fulham lost 3-0 to Leeds United in this fixture in the Championship last term as the Yorkshire side won the title with a 10-point cushion.

Former Liverpool FC striker Owen is backing Leeds United to secure a comfortable win against Fulham at Elland Road on Saturday afternoon.

"Leeds announced their return to the Premier League with a bang!" Owen told BetVictor.

"They were very impressive indeed against Premier League champions Liverpool and only an 88th-minute penalty from Mo Salah denied them a point that many will say they deserved.

"With their style of play, Marcelo Bielsa and his men will cause problems for any team in the Premier League and it's going to be hugely entertaining to watch their progress this season.

"Fulham were another of three promoted sides to face defeat in their opening game after a chastening 3-0 loss to Arsenal.

"Scott Parker will be keen to get his new signings involved as well as getting Aleksander Mitrovic back to full fitness as a lack of goals upfront and a leaky defence at the back are quite frankly, a Premier League recipe for disaster.

"I fancy another lively display from Leeds in this one and I'm going for a 3-1 victory to the Whites in their first Premier League home game since 2004."

Fulham were 2-1 winners against Leeds United at Craven Cottage last term, before the Elland Road side secured a 3-0 victory over the west London side in the Championship last time.

The Cottagers have won two of their last 10 games against Leeds United, while the two sides have shared the spoils on seven occasions during this run.

Leeds United will make the trip to Sheffield United in their final Premier League fixture in Sunday 27 September, while Fulham will host Aston Villa at Craven Cottage on Monday 28 September.

https://www.thesportreview.com/2020/09/leeds-united-v-fulham-prediction-michael-owen/