watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker's press conference Today

Started by rebel, September 17, 2020, 02:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

Sounds very much like Kongolo is coming then. Interesting where he said we need more players- "we got full backs but nothing more centrally in defense".

fulhamben

Quote from: Jim© on September 17, 2020, 02:51:38 PM
Sounds very much like Kongolo is coming then. Interesting where he said we need more players- "we got full backs but nothing more centrally in defense".

not sure I interpreted it the same as you do. He basically says to me that he won't comment on someone else's player.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Deeping_white

Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2020, 03:38:33 PM

not sure I interpreted it the same as you do. He basically says to me that he won't comment on someone else's player.

To be fair he said the same about Tete and Aina and we'd signed both inside 48 hours!

fulhamben

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 17, 2020, 03:39:49 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2020, 03:38:33 PM

To be fair he said the same about Tete and Aina and we'd signed both inside 48 hours!
didnt know that, and I'm not saying we won't sign him, just that's how I interpreted it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Slaphead in Qatar

Nothing in Scott's words to say he is or is not coming

toshes mate

I thought Parker sounded diplomatically and respectfully middle of the road with Kongolo which is professional and classy.

A more interesting quote on Parker's worries (and potential for defeatism) following the Arsenal game being favourites to go straight back down is this:

'Not at the moment. I'm a realist, I understand where we are. Football is a lot of talk, where can we go, that's what people want to sell. I find it quite sad at times. We've played one match and there's still an awful lot to play.

We're a team that's newly promoted and we're going to struggle against Arsenal. It's going to be hard game. We can't control the noise and we need to focus on what we can control.

We have a goal this year and we need to understand we're going to have bumps this year.'

He is altogether a different package to Jokanovic but the professionalsim is much the same.