watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Ozark

Started by bog, September 18, 2020, 11:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Away from football a couple of weeks ago I came on and mentioned a programme on Netflix called Ozark I had just began watching. I have just ended series 3. What a programme! To any other watchers what characters Ruth and Darlene are. Imagine the latter as your mother-in-law!  Best actor I think was poor old Ben, Wendy's brother.  What a series.

092.gif

Count Flapula

Hands down one of the best series ever, let alone on Netflix. Up there with Sopranos for me.

So many amazing characters - incredibly well written and acted, including their development as the series progresses. Darlene is absolutely terrifying!

Gripping story lines / viewing throughout all 3 series. Can't wait for series 4 - get a feeling it might be the last. Cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone with Netflix.

bog

Quote from: Count Flapula on September 18, 2020, 11:35:53 AM
Hands down one of the best series ever, let alone on Netflix. Up there with Sopranos for me.

So many amazing characters - incredibly well written and acted, including their development as the series progresses. Darlene is absolutely terrifying!

Gripping story lines / viewing throughout all 3 series. Can't wait for series 4 - get a feeling it might be the last. Cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone with Netflix.

With Ruth it is clever they way they show the girl behind the brash front.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I thoroughly enjoyed it and sat up too late some nights as the story lines were gripping and I could never guess what was going to happen next.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dodgin

Yes great series, you do have to hunt around on Netflix, the one I found excuse the title Shtisel, it's an Israeli drama series on Hasidic Jews, a fascinating distinct different way of life. Read the reviews on IMDB worth watching.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Count Flapula on September 18, 2020, 11:35:53 AM

I am fairly sure that I read that when they renewed the series for a 4th season they also stated that it would be the last. Probably makes sense, given the developments.

On topic, agree that it is a fantastic show. Definitely one of the best the last few years at least.

bill taylors apprentice

Up there with Soprano's IMO

The way Wendy grows into a murderous manipulator is chilling!

Dragoman

Totally agree. To my mind Ozark is on a par with Breaking Bad, The Sopranos and The Wire. The film critic David Thomson wrote recently that the final four episodes of series three could stand alone as a brilliant cinema film.

bog

Two episodes involving Wendy's brother Ben both my wife and I thought outstanding acting.