News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Someone suggested for £20m you could get...

Started by General, September 18, 2020, 04:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Chris Smalling and Phil Jones.

Now I know they may have not lived up to Man Utd standards, but surely worth a punt - would be a solid or more than solid premiership partnership. £20m would be cheap I'd have thought too for two players who know the league as well as they do.

FFC1987

I'd imagine Smalling alone will be 20m but Jones is a no from me. Just isn't up to it.

fcfulham55

Smalling with hector and jones as back up.  We'd stay up.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Southcoastffc

Where did the £20m figure come from?   And if it's meaningful, it's still a gamble and IMO you'd need to be prepared to lose your stake.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Smalling's  name has been floated since the end of the season, thought he had a good offer from Roma. If there was any chance of him coming to us surely it would have happened by now.

Hatch007

Sky Sports News today reported Roma's Manager spoke with Smalling yesterday and the player told him he wants to rejoin Roma

sarnian

£20m for both, probably £25m for Smalling less £5m for being mug enough to take Jones. 086.gif

Count Flapula

Would take Smalling all day. Might be unlikely that we see him back at the Cottage but we should 100% put in a offer.

Phil Jones never lived up to the hype - he looked like he was going to be a player when he joined Man U but doesn't seem the sharpest tool in the shed (putting it mildly). That said, he has been at Man U for 9 years and I think could do a job for us. Wouldn't be my first choice but ultimately he's an upgrade on what we have.

roberto w6

Smalling would bring everything we need but as others have pointed out, surely it would have happened by now so I assume he is not interested in returning.

I asked my friend who is a ManU season ticket holder about Jones. "I'd hire a Bentley and personally drive him down myself if you were even the slightest bit interested and then put my life savings on Fulham going straight back down even though there is a high risk he'd be injured for most of the season so you could stay up".