watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hopes and Predictions for Leeds Match

Started by filham, September 19, 2020, 09:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

I don't think they were a class above us when we played them.

Should be a close game, I hope we can get something from it.

COYW!!!!

Bassey the warrior

I expect to lose, but hope to take a point. What I hope for most is a good performance, both offensively and defensively.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on September 19, 2020, 12:22:34 PM
Very tough game. I predict 3-1 to Leeds.

I think at lot of people on this forum underestimate Leeds. They were a class above us last season and have strengthened their squad since then. I can't see them ending up in the relegation zone to be honest.

That doesn't mean we can't beat them of course. I'm hoping for 3 points but I'm not very optimistic.

Agree, they're an excellent side.

Nero

I think at lot of people on this forum underestimate Leeds. They were a class above us last season and have strengthened their squad since then. I can't see them ending up in the relegation zone to be honest.

That doesn't mean we can't beat them of course. I'm hoping for 3 points but I'm not very optimistic.

I think alot of people over estimate Leeds hardly improved their squad that much. It like we've never beaten them

filham

The match jus previewed on MOD and the pundits didn't give us a chance.
It really would be great to hold them to a draw but can't see it.

Denzil Dexter

Clean sheet. Sneak 2 goals. That's the dream. Everyone's putting Leeds players in their fantasy teams expecting them to hammer us, so want a clean sheet more than ever! 0.2

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

ByTheRiver

I have woken with the pure feeling of optimism and think we're going to pull a surprise and win. I did have a lot to drink last night though, so maybe that is clouding my judgement...

Beat them last season and then matched/outplayed them for periods last season. Our squad is better now than then. Come on you whites!

FFC In Oz

Obviously hoping for a win.

Realistically, it's going to be a tough game.  Leeds will have every right to be confident after scoring 3 against Liverpool, and now facing a defence that could include the likes of Ream, MLM & Odoi.

Playing sideways and backwards won't work against this Leeds side who like to play a high press, and will be likely to cause a few mistakes from our backline.

Leeds 2-0

SP

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 19, 2020, 12:46:29 PM

Leeds will have every right to be confident after scoring 3 against Liverpool

I'm not sure conceding 4 does much for the confidence?

The Old Count

Arthur

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 19, 2020, 12:32:16 PM
What I hope for most is a good performance, both offensively and defensively.

I would normally agree.

What is most important, in my opinion, is that we get some points on the board. Today (and most weeks at the moment), what I hope for is that we don't lose - if I witness a fortunate, boring or (even) inept performance, I will be happier that we are no longer on zero points than were we to play well but suffer defeat.

Tabby

I wouldn't say they've strengthened much. Rodrigo is an upgrade on Bamford, but they had to settle for their backup option after they couldn't get Ben White back. Otherwise they've just gotten some youth prospects.

I don't think they're as untouchable as some here rate them as, Fulham were able to hang both times we faced them last season (the 3-0 scoreline is very flattering) and we have been improving the squad at least as much as they have.

Rambler

I would much prefer an inept draw rather than play amazingly and lose. Just to get a point on the board that's what matters

cmg

Decent attempt at humour to start The Guardian's coverage....

"Good afternoon!
A newly-promoted side, back where they belong and playing incredibly expansive football under one of the most-lauded managers in history. Anyway, that's enough about Scott Parker's Fulham..."