watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Adopt a lower league club

Started by Andy S, September 24, 2020, 10:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Should the FA allow premier and championship clubs to adopt a lower league club to assist these clubs through the pandemic where lower league clubs may receive little income over the next six months. Or just let them go to the wall?

junior white

Adopt for a period of time, these clubs need help and their communities need these clubs

Tempest

Sell Wembley and support lower league clubs with the proceeds.  Absolutely no need for football to seek outside help.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

HobGoblin

Says a lot when the premier league wouldn't give over our parachute payment that wasn't needed.

All premier league players should have volunteered a pay sacrifice to support their clubs back room personal and the wider football pyramid that was at risk

70sPimlico

Mr K.Dilkington

Lower league clubs are the soul of English football and it would be the ultimate betrayal for the F.A,PL and the government to let them go under.
Foolish ham

fulhamben

Quote from: Tempest on September 24, 2020, 10:45:59 PM
Sell Wembley and support lower league clubs with the proceeds.  Absolutely no need for football to seek outside help.

that really wouldn't generate as much funds as you would imagine. If the fa sells Wembley then it has to return tax payer money and lottery funding that went in to building it in the first place.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

I fear for my other love Tooting n Mitcham.
These are hard scary times for these clubs.😢

Whitestone

The clubs most at risk are at Step 1 and 2. That's National League, National League North and National League South because bizarrely,  like the EFL,  they fall within the category described as Elite football and as a result are not allowed paying spectators and don't have any TV revenue. It's got so serious for these clubs that they are considering mothballing the league this season. National League North clubs had a vote this week and 81% voted to cancel the season.
Those clubs at Step 3 and below aren't in the same situation and that includes Tooting and Mitcham United (Step 4) who  played a home game in front of 314 spectators last Saturday. As long as these clubs can show that they can operate COVID safe they can continue and will receive revenue from gate money, bars and food outlets. The concern is definitely for teams further up the pyramid.

Tempest

I'd be surprised if it didn't raise the amount they are supposedly seeking,  plus then the England games, cup games can tour the country brining in money to the local economy (cafe, pubs etc).  I just don't see why external help is needed when there is so much money in and around the FA. sorry, was a bit fed up yesterday with football and other sporting bodies crying they need government bailouts.  Seemed to be the non domestic chairman living in the USA that annoyed me the most!

Its all personal choice if course and if anyone wants to adopt a smaller club then they should be happy to be able to help, I donate around 20% of my self employed income to a particular cause (animal rescue) but wouldn't dream of donating to a standard football team.  As always, no wrong answer.
Quote from: fulhamben on September 24, 2020, 11:18:59 PM
Quote from: Tempest on September 24, 2020, 10:45:59 PM

that really wouldn't generate as much funds as you would imagine. If the fa sells Wembley then it has to return tax payer money and lottery funding that went in to building it in the first place.

Live in Falmouth!

rebel

No, t
Quote from: Andy S on September 24, 2020, 10:39:19 PM
Should the FA allow premier and championship clubs to adopt a lower league club to assist these clubs through the pandemic where lower league clubs may receive little income over the next six months. Or just let them go to the wall?

No that would be a 'messy state of affairs'. The Government (make a contribution) and Premier League (make a contribution) should start a fund where the clubs in the Premier League who can afford to, put monies into the fund. The fund would be open to 'Joe Public' to contribute too. The Government can do other things like VAT, TAX breaks for smaller clubs etc.

Sir Alec of good Stock

One week's salary of a Premier League player would keep most lower league clubs going for some time and so maybe a player could adopt a club. Imagine the credibility that this would give the player.

Jim©

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on September 25, 2020, 08:58:54 AM
One week's salary of a Premier League player would keep most lower league clubs going for some time and so maybe a player could adopt a club. Imagine the credibility that this would give the player.

Not unlike Kane who sponsored Leyton Orient's shirts, which has gone under the radar a little as a very good deed IMO.
It is sickening when you hear of Bale earning £300k a week but Macclesfield go under owing under £500k.

Ivorwasgod

my local club Hampton and Richmond probably average 500-600 in National league south in a ground that in theory holds 3000- they could play matches with limited capacity, for them no gate receipts and no bar takings (probably higher) will kill them if they have to play behind closed doors all season. 

They have a competition raffle for naming rights for their ground going at moment

https://www.hamptonfc.net/news/your-name-on-the-beveree-stadium-prize-draw-2566810.html

toshes mate

Quote from: Whitestone on September 25, 2020, 07:15:18 AM
The clubs most at risk are at Step 1 and 2. That's National League, National League North and National League South because bizarrely,  like the EFL,  they fall within the category described as Elite football and as a result are not allowed paying spectators and don't have any TV revenue. It's got so serious for these clubs that they are considering mothballing the league this season. National League North clubs had a vote this week and 81% voted to cancel the season.
Those clubs at Step 3 and below aren't in the same situation and that includes Tooting and Mitcham United (Step 4) who  played a home game in front of 314 spectators last Saturday. As long as these clubs can show that they can operate COVID safe they can continue and will receive revenue from gate money, bars and food outlets. The concern is definitely for teams further up the pyramid.
Excellent summary of the mess the football authorities have made over many years of greed at the top who are unable to make sensible decisions for others at all. 

filham

10% off all premier league transfers and agents fees to be shared among division 1&2 league clubs would be a good start.

Dawns scones

Agree with practically everything here.
If lower leagues go under the Prem will soon suffer.
Not every player is from the academy or abroad.
Geoff Horsfield, Barry Hayles and a bundle of others would agree.
That said, Bellerin and Forest Green is a start.
For what it's worth, Southend United need a lot of help right now.

SP

Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 24, 2020, 11:00:41 PM
Maybe we could adopt qpr

Funny you say that, I'd be really interested in adopting QPR, not sure what I'd do with it though?

We Are Premier League

Total games in the premier league:

Brentford: 0
Fulham: 536

grandad

A few "BIG" clubs have feeder clubs in the UK & abroad. Not sure what their financial involvement is.
Where there's a will there's a wife