watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa - he looked a £25m player today

Started by Worcesterwhite, September 19, 2020, 05:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itombomb

As much as I appreciated Joka, another problem with Anguissa's early tenure in the team was he kept on making the same mistakes. Even when showing his class, every game he kept on getting caught in possession from behind. It was to me a massive failure of coaching.

Bronaldinho

Most valued player in our squad.

The board just be rejecting every advance.

Parker is a huge fan of him too.

Survive, and the board should be sitting down with him to secure him and have him believing in the project.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Jay

I hope we don't sell him to Milan. He is really needed at the moment imo.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Statto on September 21, 2020, 12:53:45 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on September 21, 2020, 09:57:12 AM
Anti Khan people are like those that are very political, once they decide they are pro labour or conservative, that's it, never mind the facts, they are rubbish and build a narrative to support their view. 

Yes anyone who disagrees with you must just have warped, biased views. It couldn't possibly be that you're wrong or even biased yourself...

Anyway, in the interests of having a proper debate instead of slagging each other off, my reasoning for not giving TK much credit is that there is more to being a good DoF than just signing a decent player. Any mug can say Benrahma looks good and sign him tomorrow for £25m. What makes a good DoF is someone who can do what Brentford did and get a £25m player like Benrahma for just £2.5m.

Then there are other factors. Can you get these deals done efficiently and quickly, in time for the new season, or will you get kept hanging until deadline day when it's clear to the seller that no one else wants to bid for the player?

Most importantly of all, can you address the specific needs of your team - players who fill the specific holes you need to fill, will fit with your existing tactics and culture, etc? I suspect this is where the average armchair critic would really fall short if they became DoF. 

Which of the foregoing criteria did TK achieve with the Anguissa signing?
Good player? Yes
Good price? No (no less than he was worth)
Good timing? No
Good fit for the team? No, not at the time

So sorry, no Anguissa wasn't a bad signing like Sigurdsson or Jozabed, but the deal was nothing special either, all things considered. Nothing that most of us on here couldn't have done ourselves if we were DoF.

Yes, very possible I am wrong.  I am not telling people to agree with me I am suggesting it would be better if some people, certainly not all were not quite so blinkered.  I am entirely in my right to wish this, I know it will never happen however.  Also, if you read my post, I say I am not always in agreement with Khan, absolutely not.  I don't think he balances our needs for defenders as he signs many wide players and I am not sure why he signs other players.  What I am saying is that Anguissa was a good signing.  Many fans, I can't honestly remember who, said he was crap from day 1, a total waste of money and Tony Khan did not know what he was doing etc etc etc.    Is would agree he was maybe not the perfect signing at the time due to experience and needs, but he has now proven to be a very good investment.

I really am not looking for a fight with anyone, but happy to debate,  Most posters on here are very good, there are a few however mostly on TIFF who really do my head in.

TC's Sporran

He was the best player in a Fulham shirt on saturday by far. Not perfect and made a few errors and you can see his languid style looks as if sometimes he switches off a bit.
But if he can maintain interest and concentration he will stick out like a sore thumb and maybe prove to be too good for Fulham  judging by the rumours.

I cannot understand why Parker did not play TC and Anguissa together v Leeds as Zambo can provide the steel in midfield that "the luxury that is TC" needs.
Plus he is well capable of playing dangerous passes himself.

I fear that a run of defeats could knock the confidence out of our better players (and manager) and we need players like Zambo to keep it together and not get fed up.

Jims Dentist

I was certainly not a fan last time round in The Prem, and so have been massively, pleasantly surprised by his form so far this time.
However, I can't help but think that if we continue to struggle, his (like others), spirit and performances will drop as winter sets in.
I know this will not be a popular opinion ,but given the above possibility,  if we get a really good offer for him while his stock is high it might prove wise to take it.
Although someone stated we don't need the money (given the owners wealth), from a FFP angle it would seem to make sense.
As I said before given the above posts, although likely not popular this is my humble opinion only and time will tell.