watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did Seri play last night?

Started by fcfulham55, September 24, 2020, 01:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

I was pleased to see him. I am sure when he gels with the starting 11 he will be like a new signing. He has always had quality so we have to keep him & hope that we can get the best out of him.
Where there's a will there's a wife

scotto2000

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on September 24, 2020, 01:45:00 PM
It is funny how people see Players differently in games.
To me Seri came on and gave the impression that he was interested. He then did a lot of pointing indicating to where the ball should go with players very often ignoring him. He then did a lot of Parkerball passing mostly sideways and backwards with only one beautiful ball over the top,which should have led to a goal. He then disappeared!
Other are going to come on here saying that Seri controlled the game.
Why?

Bokonon

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 24, 2020, 02:40:16 PM
Opinions is what the game is about. Seri played the simple ball nearly every time even if it put a team mate under pressure. The odd long ball was nowhere near a team mate. Yes he found space, received the ball, stopped, did nothing much with it.  Then was caught out a couple of times and put us once in a position we could have conceded.

I just don't understand those, including some commentators, who talked him up. Very under whelmed. But opinion is obviously divided.

This is similar to my thoughts. I wasn't impressed, but neither did I think he was horrible (that one pass excluded). He seemed completely out of sync with what the rest of the team was trying to do.

@jolslover

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 24, 2020, 02:29:50 PM
He was busy and the amount of touches he took backed up the fact that he dictated play. I don't know if the club want him here or if he wants to stay, but it was clear from his cameo that the way he controlled the game showed he was a calibre above anyone else last night. If we can play him in a more advanced position rather than using him as a DM like before then I would be intrigued enough to give him another go, a fully motivated Seri that we saw at the start of the season last time around was very good, and he'd certainly fit into Parker's ball retention tactics as it's what he's best at.

Agree
STH H3

AnOldBrownie

1. He doesn't panick in possession.
2. He's good at finding empty pockets to provide an outlet for a pass
3. He can ping a forward pass

This game...he has a LOT of time on the ball where he's not pressured.    Against good EPL sides he will be pressured.   They will run at him...and if any team has watched any film on him it's exactly what I'd do.

I'd fluster him, body him...and wait for him to rely too much on his on the ball skill and eventually steal the ball from him.

He's a player that imo, would excel in the Championship because he'll have free time on the ball.   

He's not as bad as or as slow as I thought he was in the two Galatasaray games I saw him play. 

I also owe him an apology for slighting him as much as I did in our relegation season.   I recently re-watched our comeback at the Cottage against Brighton that season.   It was one of Seri's few games where he wasn't overwhelmed in the midfield.

Still don't think he has a spot on our squad because what he does well, I don't want him doing.   He sat deep in front of the back line tonight.   imo that should be the job of Reed or Lemina.

Decent game though.   Offers nothing once we lose possession though.   Same as 18/19 season.

It's ok if we play with a #10 and he's not strong defensively.   If you're sitting in front of OUR back line, you've got to be more of a Harrison Reed (or better) type midfielder to actually protect the back.   Seri isn't that player imo.

Enfield

Simply cannot believe that a lot of posters are saying that Seri was class and " controlled the game" when he came on.

IMO he as usual made several poor risky passes,  making it difficult for a team mate to keep possession, and on one occasion  passed it directly to the opposing CF a yard outside of our penalty area.

IMO he is poor and we should get rid ASAP.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

To add one final comment further to:my previous post.
Seri came on when some of the young inexperienced  opposition were tiring This made it easier to make any impact but my opinion remains that it was limited.

Moltobueno

Probably a player who has the best ball control of the team. Very smooth one-two passes and despite the one almost-costly error, kept the ball very close to his feet, even with that rain. Seemed much better than Lemina in his last games.

Skatzoffc

I just worry, we have so many midfielders, it will be difficult to gel the team.
SP has his work cut out just maintaining the dressing room, imo
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !