watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did Seri play last night?

Started by fcfulham55, September 24, 2020, 01:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

See he came off the bench, but only seen brief highlights.  Did he look interested?
Sent from my Nokia 3310

ALG01

I am a critic of seri but he looked very good indeed. If he will reproduce that week in week out and gels with the squad all would be forgiven.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

It is funny how people see Players differently in games.
To me Seri came on and gave the impression that he was interested. He then did a lot of pointing indicating to where the ball should go with players very often ignoring him. He then did a lot of Parkerball passing mostly sideways and backwards with only one beautiful ball over the top,which should have led to a goal. He then disappeared!
Other are going to come on here saying that Seri controlled the game.
Why?

Tabby

He did ok, nothing spectacular. One bad pass of note.

Think he helped with the ball retention, Onomah and Johansen had a lot of trouble with that. With the way Parker sets the team up to play, that is important for the deep lying midfielders.

Bronaldinho

Looked a decent player last night.

Kept finding pockets of pace to operate in and kept the tempo up for the side.

Really good performance, another midfielder that is aware of what's around him and happy to receive under pressure.

Would love an Anguissa/Lemina/Seri trio. All three midfielders who are great at ball retention. If they were all in the mood it would be a joy to watch.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

FFC365

"Other are going to come on here saying that Seri controlled the game." Yes I hope they will, because that's exactly what he did, always available to receive the ball, and then pass. Really pleased for Seri, hope he stays as part of the squad.

Caedal

He was playing much deeper than what I would consider his best position, and was doing alot of Cairney does when he plays, picking the ball up from the defenders very deep in his own half and try to get things moving.

He didnt have the same impact that Anguissa did at the weekend, but on the whole was tidy (bar the pass that went straight to the opposition). I'm not sure of his match fitness and mental state on his future, so we'll see what happens with him

Jim©

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on September 24, 2020, 01:45:00 PM
To me Seri came on and gave the impression that he was interested. He then did a lot of pointing indicating to where the ball should go with players very often ignoring him. He then did a lot of Parkerball passing mostly sideways and backwards with only one beautiful ball over the top,which should have led to a goal. He then disappeared!
Why?

I think the game changed when he came on. He got things moving quickly and actually retained the ball (something that Stefan in particular struggled with all night).
Looked like he did in our first three or four Prem games (when everyone was lauding him).
He also had more touches in his 28mins that most of the Fulham team.

70sPimlico

He did something that we have missed. In fact, I have seen it with Lemina.

I saw references to TC and I just dont agree that they are similar.

What Seri does is read the game and gets into position to receive the ball. What he then does with his shape, is basically demand the ball.

In fact, our closest player to this was Kmac in the promo season.

TC does not demand the ball. Quite often, if we're on the rack, he does tend to hide.

Even though Seri may then play a simple pass back, what he does will give our back 5 an outlet and this will be a huge help with our building from the back.

I am of the belief that if we can nail this part of our game, you will start to see us creating more space in the opposition half

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 24, 2020, 01:59:20 PM
He did something that we have missed. In fact, I have seen it with Lemina.

I saw references to TC and I just dont agree that they are similar.

What Seri does is read the game and gets into position to receive the ball. What he then does with his shape, is basically demand the ball.

In fact, our closest player to this was Kmac in the promo season.

TC does not demand the ball. Quite often, if we're on the rack, he does tend to hide.

Even though Seri may then play a simple pass back, what he does will give our back 5 an outlet and this will be a huge help with our building from the back.

I am of the belief that if we can nail this part of our game, you will start to see us creating more space in the opposition half
anguissa also gets in space and demands the ball.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Matt10

Thought he was how we expected to be. Drops deep, defends more central. For those that don't remember, but we spent a good amount of time under Ranieri's defensive system of central midfielders covering the sidelines, which was basically Chambers and Seri flanking back and forth. I think it exhausted Seri, and when he was on the ball, he was less creative. I think he'll flourish under Parker's defined system where he has more freedom to drop behind with the CBs or play off the fellow DM.

The only occurrence that I can remember as impactful was where he blatantly passed to a Wednesday player with a first time pass. This allowed them to practically get behind the defense, but Hector recovered just in time to steal the ball from their fresh sub. If that was a PL forward, it'd surely be a goal.

ALG01

just to follow up, i thought he reminded me of Tom C at his best. Passing the ball quickly and crisply. They are different styles but that part was very similar and it did change the game, having a player that is happy to have the ball and knows how to get things moving. There is nothing wrong with sideways and backwards if it is done quickly and to draw or strech the opposition. He did well in a chopped and changed team. I was impressed he was demanding the ball and disapointed when some of the team ignored him and thenlost possesion as a result.

I am happy to let him go because of his lack of effort last time, but if he does  stay and actually puts in a shift week in week out, then with his talent he will be an asset.

Deeping_white

He was busy and the amount of touches he took backed up the fact that he dictated play. I don't know if the club want him here or if he wants to stay, but it was clear from his cameo that the way he controlled the game showed he was a calibre above anyone else last night. If we can play him in a more advanced position rather than using him as a DM like before then I would be intrigued enough to give him another go, a fully motivated Seri that we saw at the start of the season last time around was very good, and he'd certainly fit into Parker's ball retention tactics as it's what he's best at.

Lighthouse

Opinions is what the game is about. Seri played the simple ball nearly every time even if it put a team mate under pressure. The odd long ball was nowhere near a team mate. Yes he found space, received the ball, stopped, did nothing much with it.  Then was caught out a couple of times and put us once in a position we could have conceded.

I just don't understand those, including some commentators, who talked him up. Very under whelmed. But opinion is obviously divided.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Statto

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 24, 2020, 02:29:50 PM
He was busy and the amount of touches he took backed up the fact that he dictated play. I don't know if the club want him here or if he wants to stay, but it was clear from his cameo that the way he controlled the game showed he was a calibre above anyone else last night. If we can play him in a more advanced position rather than using him as a DM like before then I would be intrigued enough to give him another go, a fully motivated Seri that we saw at the start of the season last time around was very good, and he'd certainly fit into Parker's ball retention tactics as it's what he's best at.

Good to hear and agree with the last sentence (although really it is two separate sentences separated by a comma)

WindyCity

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on September 24, 2020, 01:45:00 PM
Why?

Yeah, I'm with you.  But like you said, everyone sees things differently.  I didn't think Seri was particularly good at all, and saw him as a TC clone, with most of his passes going backwards and sideways.  I just didn't see such a good performance, although many in the forum felt he had a very good show.

Sting of the North

I fail to see why a player cannot have a good performance because he passes backways and sideways, since that is a huge part of our tactics. That doesn't mean that players should only pass backwards or sideways, but then of course those accused of that probably doesn't do just that. Agree it is funny that we can view the same games so differently.

filham

So what has Parker in mind for him, last night he was in the deep defensive position, wouldn't think he is physical enough for this role in the premier league.

ALG01

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 24, 2020, 03:42:33 PM
I fail to see why a player cannot have a good performance because he passes backways and sideways, since that is a huge part of our tactics. That doesn't mean that players should only pass backwards or sideways, but then of course those accused of that probably doesn't do just that. Agree it is funny that we can view the same games so differently.

I agree. I think the trick is draw an oppositon  player and/or move it very quiclkly, and that's what I saw last night. He also made himself avaialble and was always looking for a more incisive ball or space to attack into, I thought he looked good and the game changed for the better with his arrival.