Started by South Coast White, September 21, 2020, 09:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 21, 2020, 01:03:06 PM
Quote from: junior white on September 21, 2020, 12:47:10 PM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 21, 2020, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on September 21, 2020, 11:42:15 AM
Barcelona are due 50% of any fee.

Barcelona are also due 6m euros if he plays 9 more games for Sassuolo.

Price inflated to cover the money that Barca will inherit.

That makes no sense, the 6m Barca clause is a strong incentive for Sassuolo to sell and will, if anythign, deflate the price as they are keen to get the sell agreed.
Not sure I Follow.

Sassoulo pay 6 million to Barca more if he plays 9 more games, but then if they sell that have to pay 50% to Barca. So while it could drive the price down it is unlikely too as they need to get money to cover what they initially paid for him which was some 6 million euros (as per transfermarkt) there fore they would want at least 12 million euros to cover that, which is why i guess it is above that.

Again i dont know anything and just guessing at this, has anyone seen the lad play regularly and is he any good?

No idea if he is any godd, or if these Barca clauses are even accurate, but here is why is Sassuolo coudl be prepared to sell at a lower price.

If he plays another 9 games for them, he will cost them anouther 6m. They are therefore keen to sell him before that happens, even if that means selling at slghtly lower price.

As an example,
Selling now at 10 would give them 5, after Barca take 50% (5).
Selling later at 14 would give them 1, after Barca take 50% (7) and 6 for the 50 games played.
i.e. They are better off selling now, even if that means accepting a lower sale price.
So after paying 6 they take 5 and lose a million in my mind, that wouldnt make sense. If I running there business (clearly I am not) I would be wanting to sell for As much as possible now before the he plays another 9 games, if he hasnt gone by the final day of the window and I really need the case then i may seem to break even. They do not seem to be a poor club owner by Mapei and if they needed cash the could sell Beradi the ex Juventus player.

They may well do what you say it just doesn't make sense to me considering who they are owned by and the assets they have playing wise, they dont need to worry about 6 million or so it seems to me

MickyAdamsFamily

""No idea if he is any godd, or if these Barca clauses are even accurate, but here is why is Sassuolo coudl be prepared to sell at a lower price.

If he plays another 9 games for them, he will cost them anouther 6m. They are therefore keen to sell him before that happens, even if that means selling at slghtly lower price.

As an example,
Selling now at 10 would give them 5, after Barca take 50% (5).
Selling later at 14 would give them 1, after Barca take 50% (7) and 6 for the 50 games played.
i.e. They are better off selling now, even if that means accepting a lower sale price. ""
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know the exact specifics, but this is how I understand the transaction (per TransferMarkt & elsewhere):
Sassuolo have already paid Barca 6M Euros for Marlon, and will owe them an additional 6M after his 50th appearance for the club (presently 9 short of that number). Barca has a 50% sell-on clause on a sale of his contract. I assume their "valiuation" of Marlon was a total of 12m, which Sassuolo was paying in 2 tranches.
Thus, if Sass sell him for 6m now, they will get 3m, (half of what they paid).
If they sell him for 12m now, they will recover their outlay of 6m and Barca will receive their additional 6m (which they would be owed after 9 more appearances- )
If they sell him for 14m now, Sas will make a profit of 1m over their outlay and Barca will also get an additional 1m (bringing their total for the player to 13m, which is 1m above their valuation)
As I said, I don't actually know these details, but that's how I interpret them.

Mickeyboro

We need premier league experience - end of.

junior white

Quote from: Mickeyboro on September 21, 2020, 03:49:38 PM
We need premier league experience - end of.
Of course we do but that doesn't mean you cannot buy elsewhere as well.

Hangeland didnt have prem experience, neither did EVDS, Dempsey or Dembele the first it didnt harm them

Mickeyboro

No, but in terms of this squad all the pl experience is being in a relegated team. We need a cb who is a leader and a winner. Hangelands come along once a lifetime, sadly...

junior white

Quote from: Mickeyboro on September 21, 2020, 04:21:26 PM
No, but in terms of this squad all the pl experience is being in a relegated team. We need a cb who is a leader and a winner. Hangelands come along once a lifetime, sadly...
I do not disagree but the 2 aspects you mention can come from any league

Bracken White

I must add that I was shocked at the £14M price tag. Is he worth it? All conjecture but I'd say not. Craig Dawson might prove a more effective CH for much less but with the ability to do the job we need & form an all important twin CH partnership - something we've craved for years.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

RaySmith

If a player helps us stay up, then he's worth whatever it costs - just financially for a start.
But if not a success, and we  go down, then the deal will be criticised.

These are decisions that those in charge have to make.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 21, 2020, 12:18:13 PM
Does anyone know if he's any good in the air? He's very short but some players have a good leap. Looks quick, which is quite important as we play a high line.

MTW...he's not short.   Just not tall by CB standards.   He's taller than Odoi, Reed, Kebano, Bryan, Cav, Knock...

Man, we have a short side.

14 mil isn't too much for our side.   We pay what we need to within reason to make sure we aren't starting Ream or Odoi with Big Hec on a regular basis.

Nathan Ake was 40 million.   He is NOT that much better than Marlon.

FFC1987

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 21, 2020, 08:24:32 PM
Does anyone know if he's any good in the air? He's very short but some players have a good leap. Looks quick, which is quite important as we play a high line.

MTW...he's not short.   Just not tall by CB standards.   He's taller than Odoi, Reed, Kebano, Bryan, Cav, Knock...

14 mil isn't too much for our side.   We pay what we need to within reason to make sure we aren't starting Ream or Odoi with Big Hec on a regular basis.

Is Marlon that good then because Ake is a very decent player.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 21, 2020, 08:26:21 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 21, 2020, 08:24:32 PM

Is Marlon that good then because Ake is a very decent player.

We'll find out when he plays in our system.  No real way to tell, other than going by stat sites.    We can all watch a lot of his games from last season, but Sassuolo play a very open style that leaves them open to concede goals.    I also think Ake may be better at playing the ball in the air...but we really can't know.

I like Marlon with the ball at his feet (as long as he's not following the opposing team).

Again...he's played against good opposition and looked ok...even if his team's defense wasn't that good.   (Juventus, Roma, AC Milan and Inter are no slouches on the attacking side of the ball)

And they (Nathan, Marlon) about about the same height.

Jackchris

I don't think it's that much, he's 25 so he has time to develop and he's been a starter in the seria a so I think it's not too bad tbh