watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Craven Cottage changing rooms

Started by joef, September 23, 2020, 10:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joef

Anyone know if they're going into the new Riverside development?

I'm hoping when complete the new stand with all bells and whistles will be a selling point when trying to recruit in new players. I'd imagine at present the changing rooms in the Cottage are pretty small and basic.

I know we continue to invest in our training ground too.

I watched the Spurs documentary on Amazon and those training ground facilities must be a real draw when trying to lure players.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

3-lions

Sadly your opinion of Investment isn't quite accurate.
The training ground has seen investment, but sadly a delay in building on the BBC sports ground has had an impact during the Covid-19 period.
If Shad had followed up with building when the council approved the scheme. We'd see the entire Fulham setup at MP (over the two sites). But because we haven't done anything except lay the grass on the BBC. The u23 and u18s are still having to play games over at Berrylands as well as hold events there.

As for the Cottage changing rooms. They stay where they are, which for me is fine. It is not as small as you think and apart from the charm factor. The away teams have in the past found the smaller size a factor in them dropping points.

bog

My daughters paid for a stadium tour for us on the day we got relegated in such spectacular style at Stoke in 2014. Our dressing rooms are small but to stand in the middle of the home one I found quite special. To think of all the players who have got changed in there down the years, well how memorable was that?

I know Ferguson used to moan about them. Not enough room  for your hair dryer Fergie?  :005:   

092.gif   

ron

They're still finding Tosh's Woodbine packets and Bobby Keetch's hit lists under the benches in the Cottage dressing rooms. Couldn't possibly clear all that away........

ByTheRiver

Quote from: bog on September 23, 2020, 04:42:52 PM
My daughters paid for a stadium tour for us on the day we got relegated in such spectacular style at Stoke in 2014. Our dressing rooms are small but to stand in the middle of the home one I found quite special. To think of all the players who have got changed in there down the years, well how memorable was that?

I know Ferguson used to moan about them. Not enough room  for your hair dryer Fergie?  :005:   

092.gif   

I felt the same when I did the tour about 10 or so years back. Fayed was still here and it included a Sunday lunch with 'ingredients from Harrods'. The bath was very big and the tactics board was cool to see and fiddle about with.

The Rational Fan

Does anyone know the dressing room size in square metres (or square feet)? I think once the riverside stadium is finish some addition minor redevelopments will probably occur, such change rooms, toilets and other things.

Mince n Tatties

092.gif   

He did Bog.
But he also said they were unique and part of a real football ground.

gezkc

When I went on the Stadium tour a while back, the guy showing us round specifically commented on the size of the changing rooms, highlighting how tiny they were.
The opposition team's room in particular  is very cramped - he admitted they give the opposing team the smaller room to make them as uncomfortable as possible!

fulhamben

Quote from: joef on September 23, 2020, 10:06:44 AM
Anyone know if they're going into the new Riverside development?

I'm hoping when complete the new stand with all bells and whistles will be a selling point when trying to recruit in new players. I'd imagine at present the changing rooms in the Cottage are pretty small and basic.

I know we continue to invest in our training ground too.

I watched the Spurs documentary on Amazon and those training ground facilities must be a real draw when trying to lure players.
ive not seen any plans for a tunnel in the new riverside and there would be no way for the players to get there other than walking across the pitch when they enter the stadium so no, the changing rooms won't be there
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Cravenette

Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 23, 2020, 05:01:24 PM

092.gif   

I felt the same when I did the tour about 10 or so years back. Fayed was still here and it included a Sunday lunch with 'ingredients from Harrods'. The bath was very big and the tactics board was cool to see and fiddle about with.

I did that tour with the lunch, it was fantastic.  And as others have said, sitting in the changing rooms remembering the history of the club was magical.  It would be a shame to move them.  When you see some of the other clubs' state of the art changing rooms you can understand why their multi million pound players would be so shocked when they see ours!  And I'm happy with that.

With Covid I think the opposition are using the officials' changing rooms and the officials are using the media suite!

filham

092.gif   

092.gif   

092.gif   

Remember that match when we beat Man.u. 2-0 and Scolls and Rooney had red cards near the end of the match due to pure frustration and then Fergusson blamed the small dressing room for the defeat. United just haven't learnt how to behave when beaten.

Leave the visitors dressing room where it is please, I don't want that Ferguson memory removed.

bog

To stand there and think of very young Johnny Haynes sat waiting to get changed before his first appearance in that number 10 shirt was something else.

Stevieboy

Can't see the changing rooms migrating the The Riverside, unless the teams arrive by boat !
Imagine Premier League players having to walk from Stevenage Road all the way across to the new stand !! 064.gif

Southdowns White

I have used the home changing rooms for a game, from memory I would say they are no larger than 5m x 4m + the toilet and shower area. The away changing rooms are even smaller.