watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How good is Nicky Shorey!?...

Started by Tktd, February 09, 2010, 11:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

As far as I can see he's been faultless for us so far, and his presence in our backline has co-incided with the reappearence of our structure and also our clean sheets and wins too...

On this form - he must be being considered for Englands squad for the world cup, no?!

ron

FFCOutpostCommander

I'm most impressed with his confidence coming out of the back. So far he has been flawless having not given it away cheaply that I can remember. That starts many a good attack when we assure possession by carrying or passing it as opposed to just banging it upfield for a 50-50 ball. He tackles and crosses well too. All I can say is our gain, Villa's loss. I bet their chuffed to see how well he's playing for Roy.
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

Rupert

And let's be grateful that he is on loan with the option to make the switch permanent.

Slightly before my time (only just, though), was George Cohen a left or right back? It's a fact that England only win the World Cup when they have a Fulham man at Full Back, so Villa owe it to the nation to flog young Nicky to us and England must then pick him or else.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

fulhamguy

Cohen was a RB.

Only problem is... if Shorey goes, his price goes up and chance of him joining us permanently goes down.
COYW!

Tom

Real good! I have been very impressed with his play. We better sign him up long term after the season.
Fulham for life!

Burt

Sounds encouraging...

How did Okaka do?

Tom

Quote from: Burt on February 10, 2010, 05:50:35 AM
Sounds encouraging...

How did Okaka do?
Okaka looked good. I thought he should have started or at least played the whole seconf half. There was one run where he blew by the D and the goalie made a good save. We need to bring him back next year. I think he is going to be a great weapon.
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

Very impressed, perhaps we could swap Konch for him ::).

WhiteJC

Quote from: Tom on February 10, 2010, 04:26:48 AM
Real good! I have been very impressed with his play. We better sign him up long term after the season.

I would imagine that we have already agreed a price, otherwise Villa could/would add a couple of million to his value just because they know we want him?

Brede Butter Pudding

We have done. He has a price on his head that won't be changed, Roy stated that in an interview.

leonffc

He looks a lot more positive and assured than Konch. I've said many a time that Konch's decision making, particularly when he has the ball is slow and indesisive.
BUT have we seen enough of Shorey's defending? We haven't played a top half team with him at left back and someone decent coming at him in waves so maybe we should hold our judgment for the time being?

epsomraver

Agreed Shorey is excellent but Leon you should remember that Konch has been carrying an injury for months now and that had slowed him down.

bobby01

Konch must be thinking, oh oh for the first time in years i am under pressure for my place. Shorey seems to be getting better with every appearance.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

White Noise

Do either Konch or Shorey have any experience of playing left side of midfield?

leonffc

Quote from: epsomraver on February 10, 2010, 09:57:58 AM
Agreed Shorey is excellent but Leon you should remember that Konch has been carrying an injury for months now and that had slowed him down.

Yes but I've been saying that about Konch for years not months

Dugliss

Quote from: White Noise on February 10, 2010, 12:20:44 PM

It`s funny you say that as I was sitting at the game last night thinking how it would look if Konch played in front of Shorey. I think it would certainly be worth a try when he`s fit because there`s  no complaints with Konch`s attacking play

jarv

Very good!
Konchesky will struggle to get his place back. No idea what happened at Villa, but he was excellent at Reading too.

TheDaddy

Thought he played very well yesterday very confident on the ball and  good distribution .Well played  :)
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

FulhamGK

Quote from: White Noise on February 10, 2010, 12:20:44 PM

I've thought for the last 2 years that Konch would be better played in the midfield... his errors would be less impact to the defensive side of the ball, he can whip in a nasty cross, and how about that goal he had last year against Wet Spam!
Don't mess with Texas!