more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TC

Started by 70sPimlico, September 24, 2020, 01:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

Dont think its been mentioned.

TC unused sub against LSD & 2 e's and nowhere last night.

Season's past, site would be awash with rumours he's off. Not a sausage now.

He's become a bit of an enigma now. He is, in many ways Mr Fulham but his style/role has changed over the last couple of years. He's a bit of an unsung hero that keeps things ticking. I do think that Seri is an upgrade.

I hope there is a role for him. I'm a bit of an old softie for loyal players

AnOldBrownie

Seri isn't going to take TCs spot. Neither is Onomah. Expecting Tom to start against Villa.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Bronaldinho

It's good to give competition to Cairney tbh.

He needs to get back to his best.

Interesting to see Onomah used deeper last night against Weds.

That's even more competition for those spaces.

TC on his day can be game-changing, but needs to get back to his creative self.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Caedal

For me I feel he needs to change/adapt his game if he's going to be effective in the Prem. Move the ball quicker, and forward. What tends to happen when we break is that he gets the ball and the whole move slows down.

I'm not convinced he can play as 1 of the 2 CM players. He needs to be in that number 10 role, or I cant see him getting in the team

ex-Pat

He's a good Championship player, doing circles to get the ball on he's one foot is not Premier quality .

Mr K.Dilkington

A lot of our attacking midfielders including Cairney have a point to prove that they can actually handle PL level football . So it'll be interesting how cairney performs this season despite my skepticism.
Foolish ham

bencher

Basically, to work to his strengths, our team focus needs to be to get the ball to TC's feet within 25 yards from goal, with a couple of yards of space for him to curl one into the top corner. If that's not the focus of our play (which it basically isn't if Mitro is playing), then he's far less useful. And if it is, we'll still struggle to work those positions because of the better quality of the opposition. Still a good player mind.

ALG01

I suspect he is either injured/unwell OR is about to leave, otherwise he would have featured somewhere in the last two games.
My guess is he is carrying a knock.

bencher

Quote from: ALG01 on September 24, 2020, 02:13:34 PM
I suspect he is either injured/unwell OR is about to leave, otherwise he would have featured somewhere in the last two games.
My guess is he is carrying a knock.

TBH the total absence of Aina also needs explaining. Parker has said before each of the last 2 games, the squad has a clean bill of health. Unless Aina has had some disciplinary issue or is in quarantine, you would have expected him to be at least in the squad for the Sheff Wed game. Odd.

Matt10

I don't hide the fact that I like TC a lot. To me he holds onto the ball so well and makes such good decisions, it's hard to fault him. With that said, I think he's been a bit too textbook in the DM role - and is being overlooked as a result. He had practically perfect passing against Arsenal in two different, dynamic, positions. He went from passing the ball side to side and backwards, to pinging it into space and over the top when Anguissa and Mitro subbed in.

To me, it sends a strange message to potential and new players that the captain doesn't start, and hasn't done anything wrong to validate him not starting. However, another way to look at it, and one I can see Parker aligning more with, is that you can't just meet the standards - you have to exceed them. Cairney is just being a "stock" midfielder, and is essentially being punished for it. To me, he's in the wrong spot as a CDM, and by way of our additional quality there (Anguissa, Lemina, Seri, Reed), we may see him in a position to be more creative. I will say though, creativity doesn't just come out of no where, especially as a midfielder, because if you have no penetrating movement off the ball, there's no way any midfielder is going to be creative. Parker's system is 80% passing square with wingers' back to goal, after that, the central midfielder only has passes to their fellow central players or overlapping fullbacks.

My hope is he's just competing and is realizing it's time to step up a bit more. Take more chances so he can stand out. A good comparison is to the likes of Stefjo. Stefjo, no matter the system, always puts his style on the ball. He has an incredible vision for through balls, and even though every pass doesn't come off, he still tries it.

fulhamfan

Cairney isn't good enough for this division

filham

We have Stefjo, Anguissa,Lemina,Reem, Onama, Seri and Cairney all looking to play in the three midfield roles, not sure whether or not I should add Aina and Reid to that list.
Obviously one or two are goinyg to finish the season seriously short of match time and need to leave . The question is who.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Caedal on September 24, 2020, 01:57:56 PM
For me I feel he needs to change/adapt his game if he's going to be effective in the Prem. Move the ball quicker, and forward. What tends to happen when we break is that he gets the ball and the whole move slows down.

I'm not convinced he can play as 1 of the 2 CM players. He needs to be in that number 10 role, or I cant see him getting in the team

Agree with all of this.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Matt10 on September 24, 2020, 02:53:00 PM
I don't hide the fact that I like TC a lot. To me he holds onto the ball so well and makes such good decisions, it's hard to fault him. With that said, I think he's been a bit too textbook in the DM role - and is being overlooked as a result. He had practically perfect passing against Arsenal in two different, dynamic, positions. He went from passing the ball side to side and backwards, to pinging it into space and over the top when Anguissa and Mitro subbed in.

To me, it sends a strange message to potential and new players that the captain doesn't start, and hasn't done anything wrong to validate him not starting. However, another way to look at it, and one I can see Parker aligning more with, is that you can't just meet the standards - you have to exceed them. Cairney is just being a "stock" midfielder, and is essentially being punished for it. To me, he's in the wrong spot as a CDM, and by way of our additional quality there (Anguissa, Lemina, Seri, Reed), we may see him in a position to be more creative. I will say though, creativity doesn't just come out of no where, especially as a midfielder, because if you have no penetrating movement off the ball, there's no way any midfielder is going to be creative. Parker's system is 80% passing square with wingers' back to goal, after that, the central midfielder only has passes to their fellow central players or overlapping fullbacks.

My hope is he's just competing and is realizing it's time to step up a bit more. Take more chances so he can stand out. A good comparison is to the likes of Stefjo. Stefjo, no matter the system, always puts his style on the ball. He has an incredible vision for through balls, and even though every pass doesn't come off, he still tries it.

:plus one:

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on September 24, 2020, 03:32:25 PM
We have Stefjo, Anguissa,Lemina,Reem, Onama, Seri and Cairney all looking to play in the three midfield roles, not sure whether or not I should add Aina and Reid to that list.
Obviously one or two are goinyg to finish the season seriously short of match time and need to leave . The question is who.

Pretty sure Aina has rarely, if ever, played in central midfield so I would be very surprised if we acquired him with such a role in mind. Of the others, pretty sure Johansen won't feature much at all, and would be surprised, but not disappointed, if Seri was here when the window closed.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on September 24, 2020, 03:32:25 PM
anguissa is a nailed on starter. So those other players are actually fighting over two spots.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jims Dentist

TC needs to know that he can no longer coast through games.
When on song and giving full physical effort he is class, but as time has gone on we see that far to rarely.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Jims Dentist on September 25, 2020, 07:30:45 PM
TC needs to know that he can no longer coast through games.
When on song and giving full physical effort he is class, but as time has gone on we see that far to rarely.

Personally, I feel like we have seen that more and more when it comes to his physical effort. That is an aspect of his game that I feel he has actually improved, although it is still not his strength.

colinwhite

The jury is very clearly out on TC. It wont be enough for him just to do the workman like stuff  (which he in anycase is inferior to when compaired to many of his rivals )and keep calm in possession. He will also have to continually show his creative qualities to justify his place. Otherwise he is a luxury we can ill afford unfortunately. Excellent player but he now needs to kick on to another level.

FFCFOREVER

I just don't reckon TC can cut it in Prem. Just my opinion and I hope to be proven wrong.