https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry to say it ...

Started by shepperton white, September 23, 2020, 08:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on September 24, 2020, 07:20:42 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2020, 11:18:29 PM
No need to field a weaker team, no more of this baby sitting and wrapping players up in cotton wool every time there are matches a little closer than normal.
Otherwise we won't win a coconut. The next match is the most important, play without fear otherwise it becomes a habit and a mental block
of being frightened of your own shadow. Adrenalin will take them the extra mile.
I am not saying play players who are carrying an injury, but they are athletes after all, and it did not stop Roy Hodgsons team in Europe, in fact it made them a better team.
Doesn't have to be the so called strongest team whichever that is, but deliberately playing a weak team  is criminal and weak minded and develops a soft underbelly where losing becomes acceptable and ambition and aspirations are left in the dressing room.   

:plus one:
its not a little closer though is it. We literally have 3 games in 5 and a half days.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Milo on September 23, 2020, 11:30:16 PM
Interesting thoughts on Seri...

Odds on Seri and Anguissa starting a FFC Prem game in midfield this year..?

I would love to see it.  I think people have been too quick to write Seri off.

I would like to see Reed and Anguissa in midfield, with Seri playing further up the field in Onomah's role.

fulhamfever

it was a Wednesday cup game, in which we needed to get the job done. We fielded an average team and got a clean sheet and a 2-0 win. Onto the next round nobody is going to remember this performance, we in the 4th round now. Let's hope we get an easy run to the final. Brentford are there for the taking, conceded 2 goals against a poor WBA side.

toshes mate

Quote from: fulhamben on September 24, 2020, 08:11:12 AM
No need to field a weaker team, no more of this baby sitting and wrapping players up in cotton wool every time there are matches a little closer than normal.
Otherwise we won't win a coconut. The next match is the most important, play without fear otherwise it becomes a habit and a mental block
of being frightened of your own shadow. Adrenalin will take them the extra mile.
I am not saying play players who are carrying an injury, but they are athletes after all, and it did not stop Roy Hodgsons team in Europe, in fact it made them a better team.
Doesn't have to be the so called strongest team whichever that is, but deliberately playing a weak team  is criminal and weak minded and develops a soft underbelly where losing becomes acceptable and ambition and aspirations are left in the dressing room.   

its not a little closer though is it. We literally have 3 games in 5 and a half days.
I think Woolly's point is well made and is, more importantly, spot on in terms of the psychological development of a positive team spirit.  And so whilst it is true that the fixture list can sometimes appear to be cruel there are games and prizes to be won which is what these athletes train for.   I am sure Parker is no stranger to having to play a tough sequence of matches and he will know what is required to negotiate his squad through it.

filham

Surprised to see Seri playing and then confused to see him in the deep defensive role.
I really thought he was to be moved on.

Jim©

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 23, 2020, 09:11:13 PM

Only players that get above 1 out of ten for me:

Almost funny how anti-fulham some of our own supporters seem to be at times.
We could have won by 5 or 6 and limited them to a handful of chances from outside the area. Seri made a good impression and BDR scored for his second game in a row (though should have got two more).
For comparison, Chelsea fielded a team v Barnsley full of big money signings and allowed Barnsley 9 shots on target (compared to their 11 that they scored 6 from).

Real disappointment for me, again, is not taking our chances. We have to in the Premier league or we won't survive.

fulhamfever

Quote from: Jim© on September 24, 2020, 10:19:03 AM

Almost funny how anti-fulham some of our own supporters seem to be at times.
We could have won by 5 or 6 and limited them to a handful of chances from outside the area. Seri made a good impression and BDR scored for his second game in a row (though should have got two more).
For comparison, Chelsea fielded a team v Barnsley full of big money signings and allowed Barnsley 9 shots on target (compared to their 11 that they scored 6 from).

Real disappointment for me, again, is not taking our chances. We have to in the Premier league or we won't survive.

Finally someone who actually watched our game, Rodak did his job clean sheet. Woeful misses by our team come on be honest it could have been 6.

Woolly Mammoth

What 3 games and what 5 and a half days.
If you are referring to , Ipswich, Leeds and Wednesday that is 7 days, if you are referring to matches Wednesday Villa and Wolves that is 11days, and then they have no domestic game for 13 days except for international players, so that must beat working for a living.
How many players will they use in a match, because a lot of players only have 20 minutes In a match if that, if they are lucky, and up to six players do not play a full game each match, so they are well looked after and they cannot have any complaints. If we are winning players don't feel tired, if we are losing and losing badly some players will imagine they have injuries, all the sick notes will be queuing up outside the Florence Nightingale Unit at MP for the cough drop. 
Success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 24, 2020, 11:22:45 AM

If you are referring to , Ipswich, Leeds and Wednesday that is 7 days, if you are referring to matches Wednesday Villa and Wolves that is 11days, and then they have no domestic game for 13 days except for international players, so that must beat working for a living.
How many players will they use, because a lot of players only have 20 minutes if they are lucky, and up to six players do not play a full game each match, so they are well looked after and they cannot have any complaints. If we are winning players don't feel tired, if we are losing and losing badly some players will imagine they have injuries, all the sick notes will be queuing up outside the Florence Nightingale Unit at MP for the cough drop. 
we have Villa Monday night and just over 5 and half days later we kick off against wolves. In between that we have to play Brentford, I'm guessing Thursday

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on September 24, 2020, 11:26:28 AM

How many players will they use, because a lot of players only have 20 minutes if they are lucky, and up to six players do not play a full game each match, so they are well looked after and they cannot have any complaints. If we are winning players don't feel tired, if we are losing and losing badly some players will imagine they have injuries, all the sick notes will be queuing up outside the Florence Nightingale Unit at MP for the cough drop. 
we have Villa Monday night and just over 5 and half days later we kick off against wolves. In between that we have to play Brentford, I'm guessing Thursday

Then that's the challenge, let us be pleased that we have reached this far in the competition and we must beat Brentford for more that one reason, in the same attitude and desire that we must beat Villa and Wolves.
So every available player with the support of the Strength and Conditioning staff will roll their sleeves up, sweat some blood with fire in their bellies and bring back six League points and a place in the next round of the League Cup.
That is not too much to ask of professional athletic footballers, and there are enough in the squad which should be strengthened by new additions by then to go out with Scott Parker's message ringing  in their ears, saying " listen gents see that brick wall over there, run through it for me and come out fighting on the other side ".

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

Yep - that really was a waste of a tenner

Rodák
Ream
Robinson

The youngsters tried and so can give them an inch or two but really the rest..

Thought Seri did well for a late appearance, except one back pass straight to the opposition.

The Ks up top and BDR - wow, what's happened to them?
Was as if they thought they should not be playing in such a competition as they feel they are 1st team!
I know someone will say well two of them scored, but blimey!

Very poor imo
They should have been putting themselves up for 1st team selection?

Also can't believe the change in Hector and Onomah, both not up to standard at the moment.

Edit.. and Steffjo what a poor performance, maybe he's realised he's not gonna get first team any longer so couldn't be arsed?

Oh well the whole team was changed so maybe that was the major factor?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I counted a good 4 of 5 errors, but rating all but 3 players a "1 out of 10" potentially dilutes your post value and may encourage other posters to overlook your opinion going forward.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 24, 2020, 11:59:51 AM

Then that's the challenge, let us be pleased that we have reached this far in the competition and we must beat Brentford for more that one reason, in the same attitude and desire that we must beat Villa and Wolves.
So every available player with the support of the Strength and Conditioning staff will roll their sleeves up, sweat some blood with fire in their bellies and bring back six League points and a place in the next round of the League Cup.
That is not too much to ask of professional athletic footballers, and there are enough in the squad which should be strengthened by new additions by then to go out with Scott Parker's message ringing  in their ears, saying " listen gents see that brick wall over there, run through it for me and come out fighting on the other side ".
literally no one is saying the players won't try, I'm just merely pointing out that due to 3 games in under 6 days, we will probably field a weaker side than we did last night

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on September 24, 2020, 01:36:15 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 24, 2020, 11:59:51 AM

literally no one is saying the players won't try, I'm jut merely pointing out that due to 3 games in under 6 games, we will probably field a weaker side than we did last night

Probably....... and that is the disappointment. 

Never forget your Roots.