watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kongolo

Started by JimmyConway, September 26, 2020, 10:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

First of all the brief appearances he made for us looked impressive especially the last gasp tackle at City in the cup. Is that enough though to form the opinion that he is good enough? Bit like Mawson played well in a relegated team for a season in Premiership. Would he be a starter or squad player? For me his a good addition if we go with three at the back not sure in a flat back four.
Might all be irrelevant with the injury sustained.

FulhamStu

I know his toe injury was a very bad break that required a metal plate and has taken a long time to recover from however a toe injury should not be that threatening and not a career changer.  I really like was he offers which is speed, height, good relevant experience and can play left.   I really hope we sign him.  He should also be excellent value in this crazy market oh and would probably play in the championship if the worse was to happen.

MrFFC

If we can get & keep him fully fit he is a huge upgrade on Tim Ream
Come on you Whites!! :)

Pluto

He has pedigree and was highly rated before his injuries. I'd definitely take a chance on him for the right price.

FFC In Oz

Wasn't Kongolo a key member of the Huddersfield team that stayed up before they got relegated the next season?

Maybe it's that experience that makes him a more attractive proposition for TK and so.  He's been in a relegation scrap in a team just as ordinary (maybe even worse) and ended up with survival.

General

Didn't we lose the match he played 5-0 vs man City?

How long did he play for? Slightly concerned about signing a sick note (no surprise), and heard he's not even fully fit yet.

He's got premiership pedigree although hasn't played in the league for a while now - despite Huddersfield fans enthusing about him on his day they say he's a bit petulant when things aren't going well.

Strikes me as a player who we are signing because others have failed, not because he's our first choice. Think if fit he'd be an upgrade on ream, but just know what happened when we signed Mawson and injuries tend to stick even if players make recoveries.

General

4-0 and he lasted 83 mins...ream sent off on 5 mins. Man City played what equates to their 2nd string.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/match/first-team/2019-20/g2048328/

Deeping_white

Quote from: General on September 26, 2020, 06:19:38 PM
Didn't we lose the match he played 5-0 vs man City?

How long did he play for? Slightly concerned about signing a sick note (no surprise), and heard he's not even fully fit yet.

He's got premiership pedigree although hasn't played in the league for a while now - despite Huddersfield fans enthusing about him on his day they say he's a bit petulant when things aren't going well.

Strikes me as a player who we are signing because others have failed, not because he's our first choice. Think if fit he'd be an upgrade on ream, but just know what happened when we signed Mawson and injuries tend to stick even if players make recoveries.

He would've replaced Ream in our team had he not broken his foot. Even if we sign another LCB, he's familiar with the club and definitely good enough so there aren't any downsides, other than him not having played for a while

PaulJ123

Yep get him in 100%, huge improvement on Ream.