more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

HEAD COACH VILLA press conference

Started by Enfield, September 26, 2020, 07:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enfield

Statto

Are you talking about this part? I agree it's a bit downbeat, and I much preferred the "we're not just here to make up the numbers" attitude of 2018, but I can see his angle nonetheless...

"We will lose football matches this year and we can't let them cripple us. We can't let them take us into a negative spiral.

I've been in relegation teams before, the one thing that gets them relegated is that spiral effect which slowly dents the confidence and cohesion. It saps you and buries you. We've got a lot of games to play."

Denzil Dexter

Well if you defend like kids in a playground, then you lose. Simple really.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Hatch007

If Scotty came out and said we're looking to win or take points from every game he'd be laughed at.

I give him credit for being a realist. There's being positive and then there's being an outright fantasist. I much prefer his approach and am comforted by the admission he knows from first hand experience what team traits to look for in a relegation campaign. Hopefully he can ward them off early if they start surfacing at Motspur Park.

I'm not saying his words are the best approach, only time will tell, but I get where he's coming from.

Tabby

Quote from: Hatch007 on September 26, 2020, 09:05:31 PM
If Scotty came out and said we're looking to win or take points from every game he'd be laughed at.

Surely the goal has to be to take points from every game at the very least? Otherwise, why bother showing up at all?

I'd laugh at a manager that goes into a game saying that they just want to keep down the numbers.

Jim©

Quote from: Tabby on September 26, 2020, 09:19:07 PM

Surely the goal has to be to take points from every game at the very least? Otherwise, why bother showing up at all?

I'd laugh at a manager that goes into a game saying that they just want to keep down the numbers.

Where is he saying we're not trying to take points from every game? He's just saying we need to be positive even when we lose and look to the next game and season as a whole. It's really not that hard to decipher IMO.

Statto

Quote from: Jim© on September 26, 2020, 09:36:17 PM

Where is he saying we're not trying to take points from every game? He's just saying we need to be positive even when we lose and look to the next game and season as a whole. It's really not that hard to decipher IMO.

I aree with you. That's a first.

Tabby

I'm not talking about Parker, I'm referring to the quote saying that he'd be laughed at if he said he was aiming to take points from every game.

Enfield

Radiowhite

RaySmith

Quote from: Statto on September 26, 2020, 09:52:35 PM

I aree with you. That's a first.

:plus one:
I think he is being positive, and honest, rather than giving us a load of obvious BS.
Think he's struck  just the right note here.

Lighthouse

There is a difference between being realistic and being defeatist.

Unicorns don't exist and if anybody says any different they should be shot.

Unicorns existing is a tough ask but we will continue to look for them and not be discouraged.

Unicorns exist and anybody who says differently should be shot.

SO I tend to agree with the first statement but am happy for our coach to push the second one. But it isn't close to being the third statement. Glad that is all sorted.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Caedal

Personally I think he's being too negative, it can't fill the squad with confidence being told that we're expected to lose every game.

I don't expect him to say that we're going to win the league, but jeeze we should be holding our own. He comes across as defeatist