watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

David Wagner sacked

Started by Deuce, September 28, 2020, 09:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deuce

I know. I know. Its way too early to even be discussing sacking Parker. And thats not the intent of this thread. But...

I cant help but feel that Wagner would be a too exciting of a candidate to not keep him in mind if we are bottom of the table in december. A strong point to consider when sacking a manager is to have good options availible and Wagner would be a realistic yet ambitious target, and if Wagner would be open to a return to England - then I think it would be easier to sack Parker than if we didnt have any better options.

How do  the rest of you feel about Wagner?
If we somehow knew that hed be willing to join Fulham, would that have any impact in your patience for Parker?

Tabby

Wagner was disastrous at Shalke. He was sacked after not winning a single game in 18 rounds, which is a club record.

alfie

I do find it amusing that when a manager gets sacked the suddenly become ideal for Fulham.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Statto

Never rated him. Fluked promotion with an incredibly poor Huddersfield team then when they got relegated they were even worse than us.

Sting of the North

Apart from the timing of this topic being odd as I would be surprised of a change of manager was anywhere near the minds of those in charge at FFC, I see nothing in Wagner's career that would make me at all interested in his services.

- He managed to get promoted from the Championship with a negative goal difference, and grinding through the playoffs by winning on penalties.
- He then managed to survive on 37 points in the PL, which is of course somewhat of an achievment, but still it was by the skin of their teeth with a point return that would in many seasons have seen them relegated.
- The next season Huddersfield tanked really badly, and he left mid season.
- He followed this up with a really unimpressive season with Schalke.

Nothing he has achieved seems like an improvement on our current set up to me. 

Woolly Mammoth

It is amusing that managers always appear good until they come to Fulham and when it goes pear shaped they are slaughtered and have overnight turned from the Knight in shining Armour to the Pantomime Villain all   in the blink of an eyelid.
I have nothing against David Wagner and he seems a decent bloke, but so is Scott Parker and he is our manager and we are lucky to have him, the grass is not always greener on the other side.
Supporters are far too fickle and vultures cannot wait to circle, yes let's all jump out of the frying pan into the 🔥 fire. Not a very bright decision and not very wise either.
Have you any idea of the consequences of sacking a manager and the unrest and uncertainty it creates, and the likelihood of it being a self inflicted wound.
Knee jerk reactions every day of the week and for what, perhaps Gaudiola should start packing his bags after a 2 5 home defeat yesterday, nobody is exempt from failure on the day or the season, somebody has to finish bottom.
Scott Parker is the least of our worries I can assure you, so show support he will want it and he will need it, it is always better to have the devil you know than the devil you don't, and Scott is no devil he is a good egg so value him and start appreciating him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Cambridge Pete

Sorry but why all this anti Parker/TK?  OK have a contingency plan but at least wait for all the parts to fall into place before jumping. If we can secure a decent CB (or two) and another striker I am confident that Parker will do well (this season that means staying in the Premiership). I remember a certain Bobby Robson being fired to soon. As I recall he had a decent managerial career. Lets be a bit positive. The Khan's have invested heavily in the club. Some of the investments have failed. Every club has big buys that fail. Parker is an experienced pro, never a player I was keen on but put a shift in. Now he's our manager I will support him. We have had some awful managers yes even before the Khan's. So lets pull together and with a bit of luck we might do well. COYW

Bocanegra

Really think is stock is far higher than it should be.

Bronaldinho

Just like when he managed Huddersfield - the defence was atrocious.

He can coach the attacking part of the game well, but his sides are atrocious at the back. Schalke were awful to watch last season.

Stay well clear of him.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

FFC1987

Not that it's even up for debate as Parker is still firmly in a job, but it's a no from me. Just haven't seen him step up to higher levels than championship. I think he had an impossible task of keeping Huddersfield up to be honest but its how poor the team looked most weeks then his abysmal record at Schulke that can't be overlooked now.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Whats the point? We have Parker, he's not doing too badly and he should be given a chance.

rebel

No doubt he'll get £2m / £3m to lessen 'the blow'.

Dr Quinzel

Wagner is a myth. Please, please no.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on September 28, 2020, 09:49:57 AM
Never rated him. Fluked promotion with an incredibly poor Huddersfield team then when they got relegated they were even worse than us.

Agreed

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Tabby on September 28, 2020, 09:25:41 AM
Wagner was disastrous at Shalke. He was sacked after not winning a single game in 18 rounds, which is a club record.

No doubt. Would be stunned if anyone in England above a mid table Championship side even gave him a look.

bog

No thanks. Hardly symphonic. Worse than Maggot.

092.gif 

filham

Our target for this season is 40 points, 10 wins plus 10 draws, while that is achievable we should not even think of any manager than Parker.

Penfold

Personally wouldn't want him as Schalke have been woeful and the last manager we got who had Schalke on his CV worked really well.

However, I don't really think Wagner gets the credit he deserves for his promotion with Huddersfield. Yes, they had a negative goal difference and yes they blagged it on penalties. However, some seem to forget that they were one of the favourites for relegation at the start of that campaign.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2020, 09:55:59 AM
It is amusing that managers always appear good until they come to Fulham and when it goes pear shaped they are slaughtered and have overnight turned from the Knight in shining Armour to the Pantomime Villain all   in the blink of an eyelid.
I have nothing against David Wagner and he seems a decent bloke, but so is Scott Parker and he is our manager and we are lucky to have him, the grass is not always greener on the other side.
Supporters are far too fickle and vultures cannot wait to circle, yes let's all jump out of the frying pan into the 🔥 fire. Not a very bright decision and not very wise either.
Have you any idea of the consequences of sacking a manager and the unrest and uncertainty it creates, and the likelihood of it being a self inflicted wound.
Knee jerk reactions every day of the week and for what, perhaps Gaudiola should start packing his bags after a 2 5 home defeat yesterday, nobody is exempt from failure on the day or the season, somebody has to finish bottom.
Scott Parker is the least of our worries I can assure you, so show support he will want it and he will need it, it is always better to have the devil you know than the devil you don't, and Scott is no devil he is a good egg so value him and start appreciating him.

Mr Mammoth, if Guardiola packed his bags and travelled to our part of SW6 Blingo would be a VERY happy bunny.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Penfold on September 28, 2020, 11:57:44 AM
Personally wouldn't want him as Schalke have been woeful and the last manager we got who had Schalke on his CV worked really well.

However, I don't really think Wagner gets the credit he deserves for his promotion with Huddersfield. Yes, they had a negative goal difference and yes they blagged it on penalties. However, some seem to forget that they were one of the favourites for relegation at the start of that campaign.
Although we thumped 8 past them if memory serves. Joka certainly had his number

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk