watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Fulham 0-3 A Villa

Started by fulhamben, September 28, 2020, 06:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

My 14 year old son said during a game last season "school playground Defending" He said tonight, Why do we have the same defenders this season? I said I didn't really know but it is quite bizarre, What else could I say!

Pluto

Parker isn't a good enough manager for this level, at least at the moment. That being said he's not the main issue. I honestly don't see us winning a game or even getting any points until we get two new centre backs in. This must be one of the worst defences ever fielded at PL level - they were bang average in the Championship at best and we were lucky to go up because we had a stellar attack and the best striker in the league.

Until we buy new centre backs there is no point in even playing these games because we literally don't stand a chance. Once again we're wasting time, wasting opportunities to get points by leaving it ridiculously late in the window. It's surely obvious by now that TK is not up to the job and we need someone qualified in the role.

shepperton white

I am a big supporter of SP, but tonight he got it very badly wrong.  Putting on AK for Tete was a disaster.  He would have done better to put on Robinson despite him being a right sided defender

Sting of the North

Quote from: shepperton white on September 28, 2020, 08:24:20 PM
I am a big supporter of SP, but tonight he got it very badly wrong.  Putting on AK for Tete was a disaster.  He would have done better to put on Robinson despite him being a right sided defender

AK was ok, defended and attacked better than Tete in my opinion. Have not seen enough of Robinson to know if he is good on his not preferred side.

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: fulhamben on September 28, 2020, 08:07:42 PM
well there was one positive today, at least no one will ever be calling for us to play 3/5 at the back ever again. the worst tactics known to man

We
Quote from: Sting of the North on September 28, 2020, 08:17:52 PM
Quote from: hongkongfulham on September 28, 2020, 08:13:16 PM
the big worry for me is I dont see any sort of identity for the team. Are we trying to keep the ball, be direct, resolute in defence, counter? Everything looked very adhoc and crossing from deep to Mitro cant be plan A! If we've any chance of staying up we need to draw a line under this and adopt some sort of philosophy

Agree with this, think Parker lost the plot today in full Jokanović manner. Even if you don't get the players you want, you can stand your ground and play your game.  Very disappointed with Parker today, he failed the players (as they failed him the previous game).

Tried to control the ball. Which we did do. Looked pretty good on the ball in the middle of the park.

Looked like a pub team without the ball.

roberto w6

Like all of us, I love Fulham but we are out of our depth this season.
Let's be honest, we could all see it coming last season but were blinded by hope with those last few games but reality has now hit home.
I don't think Scott Parker is the best manager in the history of the game, but he is certainly a long way off from being the worst. What I like about him, is that he gives a poo and is a deep thinker. Does he sometimes get it wrong? Of course, But who do you all think we'd get in if he goes - Guardiola, Klopp, Ancelotti? Wake up ffs, the best we would get would be a long ball, kick-and-run merchant.
In my view (and I repeat myself from other posts) we missed out on buying a PL experienced spine - GK, 2CBs, 2 CMs and a top PL striker. The owners did not deliver (for whatever reason) and now  we have less chance of attracting proven PL players than we did before the season started. We all saw how it should be done under Mr Al-Fayed but nobody seems prepared to replicate that.
We can't blame Scott Parker. A rejuvinated Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho would struggle to keep this squad up. To those of you who talk about tactics - I do boxing training at the excellent (and that is a plug) State of Mind gym in Hammersmith. I'm 6ft1, should weigh 80kg and therefore in my youth would have been boxing at Light-Heavy. If I'd had Angelo Dundee in my corner, do you think I'd have been whooping Floyd Patterson, Henry Cooper and young Cassius? No, because, I'm crap and they're all gifted. We have to be realistic.
All we can do is get behind the team as soon as this farce is over and we can get back in the ground.
COYW

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 28, 2020, 07:53:07 PM
Any decent player watching that tonight,would think twice about joining us....That's going to the hard part to get people in.
£££ talks

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Nero

Quote from: roberto w6 on September 28, 2020, 08:31:29 PM
Like all of us, I love Fulham but we are out of our depth this season.
Let's be honest, we could all see it coming last season but were blinded by hope with those last few games but reality has now hit home.
I don't think Scott Parker is the best manager in the history of the game, but he is certainly a long way off from being the worst. What I like about him, is that he gives a poo and is a deep thinker. Does he sometimes get it wrong? Of course, But who do you all think we'd get in if he goes - Guardiola, Klopp, Ancelotti? Wake up ffs, the best we would get would be a long ball, kick-and-run merchant.
In my view (and I repeat myself from other posts) we missed out on buying a PL experienced spine - GK, 2CBs, 2 CMs and a top PL striker. The owners did not deliver (for whatever reason) and now  we have less chance of attracting proven PL players than we did before the season started. We all saw how it should be done under Mr Al-Fayed but nobody seems prepared to replicate that.
We can't blame Scott Parker. A rejuvinated Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho would struggle to keep this squad up. To those of you who talk about tactics - I do boxing training at the excellent (and that is a plug) State of Mind gym in Hammersmith. I'm 6ft1, should weigh 80kg and therefore in my youth would have been boxing at Light-Heavy. If I'd had Angelo Dundee in my corner, do you think I'd have been whooping Floyd Patterson, Henry Cooper and young Cassius? No, because, I'm crap and they're all gifted. We have to be realistic.
All we can do is get behind the team as soon as this farce is over and we can get back in the ground.
COYW

But would he tell you to stand there hands at your side and get hit repeated or teach you how to defend yourself and try to get a lucky punch.

roberto w6

Nero: get in there with someone that much better than you and forget (for one dangerous second) what he can do to you. You wouldn't even get to lay a glove on him. I've been there.
Sadly, that is looking like the gulf our boys are facing.
I wish I had an answer or some positive ideas on how we could turn things around, but sadly I fear it's a pure ability gap. Let's hope I've drunk too much tonight and am totally wrong.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on September 28, 2020, 08:30:26 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 28, 2020, 08:07:42 PM
well there was one positive today, at least no one will ever be calling for us to play 3/5 at the back ever again. the worst tactics known to man

We
Quote from: Sting of the North on September 28, 2020, 08:17:52 PM
Quote from: hongkongfulham on September 28, 2020, 08:13:16 PM
the big worry for me is I dont see any sort of identity for the team. Are we trying to keep the ball, be direct, resolute in defence, counter? Everything looked very adhoc and crossing from deep to Mitro cant be plan A! If we've any chance of staying up we need to draw a line under this and adopt some sort of philosophy

Agree with this, think Parker lost the plot today in full Jokanović manner. Even if you don't get the players you want, you can stand your ground and play your game.  Very disappointed with Parker today, he failed the players (as they failed him the previous game).

Tried to control the ball. Which we did do. Looked pretty good on the ball in the middle of the park.

Looked like a pub team without the ball.

Fair enough regarding ball control, but without any impetus or dynamism its just a procession. There were some moments where we had nice triangles which gives me hope that there is some quality in there but we really need to change how we approach games. Parker was essentially a water carrier when he played, albeit a vert good one, but its quite easy to see that carry over in the way we play. I just hope he has it in him to bollock them after that rather than being tepid. They need a big old kick up the arse.

Nero

Quote from: roberto w6 on September 28, 2020, 08:53:20 PM
Nero: get in there with someone that much better than you and forget (for one dangerous second) what he can do to you. You wouldn't even get to lay a glove on him. I've been there.
Sadly, that is looking like the gulf our boys are facing.
I wish I had an answer or some positive ideas on how we could turn things around, but sadly I fear it's a pure ability gap. Let's hope I've drunk too much tonight and am totally wrong.

But its about putting up a fight you might not win but you can try or cover up and last a least a round. Our lot cant get passed the first round just stand there and say hit me on the chin ill go down and take the money

roberto w6

I totally get what you mean, but I think sadly that they have done as good as they could have this season. Depressing as that is...

Denver Fulham

When Kamara came on, I assumed we'd move back to our normal shape, with Odoi playing RB and Bryan at LB ... but it doesn't seem we did, which was curious.

Cairney-Anguissa as a 2-man midfield is just suicidal at this level, especially with Championship CBs behind them who lack awareness and pace.

I thought we moved the ball OK at times when we had it ... until it stalled at Cav's feet or we sent another hopeful cross in after spraying the ball wide from a promising central position. But we were atrocious without the ball.

FulhamStu

It looks like our training and coaching consists of lovely one touch football played in tight areas, keeping the ball with good control and technique.

It also looks like we spend no time on defensive shape, tracking back, holding positions to ensure we are not caught on the break.

We are so open is unbelievable.  We don't tackle strongly enough, we don't attack and win headers, all points to poor coaching.   Do we coach what the players enjoy, trying to make everyone happy.  It really looks like we don't do enough of the dirty stuff.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 28, 2020, 09:15:50 PM
It looks like our training and coaching consists of lovely one touch football played in tight areas, keeping the ball with good control and technique.

It also looks like we spend no time on defensive shape, tracking back, holding positions to ensure we are not caught on the break.

We are so open is unbelievable.  We don't tackle strongly enough, we don't attack and win headers, all points to poor coaching.   Do we coach what the players enjoy, trying to make everyone happy.  It really looks like we don't do enough of the dirty stuff.
Well said.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

VamosFFC

It looks like we need a striker or two in besides the obvious CB's we need. Mitro is our only threat going forward and in the box. Every team knows this and he is easily marked. It's time to use a different strategy than cross and hope Mitro gets a head to it. We need penetrating runs and more than one forward to look for.

MisfitKid

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 28, 2020, 08:01:42 PM
Quote from: Dodgin on September 28, 2020, 07:50:39 PM
GJ spoke of positives about the game but didn't go into them. Any thoughts I can think of Tete. Any others.

We didn't let in 6 goals?
Nobody died... (I think)
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on September 28, 2020, 06:03:36 PM
Parker out, he had long enough to try and sort the defence out. he hasnt made the players at his disposal any more solid than when they got relegated last time out. ive had enough, dont even care if we win, we can not persist with a manager who can not organise a defence. PARKER OUT

Fulhamben OUT !!
and take the owners son with you.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MisfitKid on September 28, 2020, 09:37:07 PM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 28, 2020, 08:01:42 PM
Quote from: Dodgin on September 28, 2020, 07:50:39 PM
GJ spoke of positives about the game but didn't go into them. Any thoughts I can think of Tete. Any others.

We didn't let in 6 goals?
Nobody died... (I think)

Fulham FC died a little don't you think ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Rj Fulham

IMO,  its the recruitment thats the issue, you can implement any sort of  tactics you like, but when you are essentially stuck with players who dont seem to know how to basic marking or tracking back, then you are going to leak goals, and a lot of them.
  It doesnt matter how many times you apologise  about the lack of transfers coming in,  or the excuses why, end of the day weve needed new cbs and a backup striker of quality for  so long, deals shouldve been finalized a long time ago. Talk is cheap, and not what we need right now