watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why Only a Back Three?

Started by WindyCity, September 28, 2020, 06:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

When you know upfront that you are very weak (and inexperienced) in the backline? 

I don't understand, if someone could please explain.....

WindyCity

And this all star GK we acquired.  That first goal given up looked pretty soft.  Maybe time for Rodak to get reinstated?

alfie

Quote from: WindyCity on September 28, 2020, 06:17:53 PM
And this all star GK we acquired.  That first goal given up looked pretty soft.  Maybe time for Rodak to get reinstated?
He had no chance, with either goal.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Rock

Quote from: alfie on September 28, 2020, 06:39:19 PM

He could have done better. He also doesn't look like he commands the back line, of what there is of it.

Why have a back 4 when the two in the middle don't belong on the pitch? 3 is fine. Sadly 2 of the 3 are the 2.

I just can't believe we refuse to sign any CB's.

We are a joke.

Enfield

Why only a midfield two ?
Struggling to work out our formation.

WindyCity

I'm sorry, I don't think Areola has shown to be very good so far that we've seen.  I thought the only Villa goal he could have been excused for would have been the second goal.  The first and third I thought he should have done much better with.  He is supposed to be a "world class" keeper, no?  Methinks Rodak deserves the next EPL start.  JMHO

SP

It really didn't bode well when they were doing their schoolboy style defence training on the pitch during the warm-up, embarrassing.

shepperton white

Talking of lineups, did you see Leicester City's formation for Man City - it was 5 - 4 - 1. Food for thought

Deeping_white

Quote from: The Rock on September 28, 2020, 06:44:51 PM

He could have done better. He also doesn't look like he commands the back line, of what there is of it.

Why have a back 4 when the two in the middle don't belong on the pitch? 3 is fine. Sadly 2 of the 3 are the 2.

We are a joke.

A genuine question, how can he possibly hope to command any of our defenders when they stand and watch people run past them before thinking "oh perhaps I ought to track that run"?

Pieter A’dam

We need to play a lot more defensive: 4 at the back, NO wingbacks, 2 DCM's sitting deep and Reed can play that role and 3 attacking midfielders with endurance and pace (BDR, Kamara, Josh ?) running behind Mitro. We need to start playing for a draw and get point by point and build confidence from there. We have no quality to play a pressing game, so just be more conservative at the back, even its ugly it will get more points hopefully ......

KilianG

Quote from: The Rock on September 28, 2020, 06:44:51 PM

We are a joke.

Let's be honest, the guy only play two times for Real Madrid an it was in the cup, I think Fulham is giving him the most play times his been given in a while

RaySmith

I thought he could have done better with the first goal - that he could have gone down and  blocked  it or knocked the ball away from the  player's feet, instead he seemed to  sort of jump out the way.

But we have to give him a chance now he's made his debut, you can't keep chopping and changing the keeper - he has to build up an understanding with the back four.