Previous topic - Next topic

john dempsey

Parker served up a lot of dross football in the
championship why would anybody think  he would
be better in the prem. he has been found wanting already

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: fulhamben on September 28, 2020, 10:37:41 PM
Quote from: Basil Larkins on September 28, 2020, 10:34:17 PM
We have needed CBs for three seasons. We used loan players in those positions to get into the Prem, we did not but any in the Prem, We did bring in Hector in January but he could only play half of last season.
Hector seems to have lost confidence (not surprisingly) and needs an older head with pace next to him. Somebody who will command the defence especially as I did not see any evidence of our new keeper taking charge.
The problem is I suspect that the club is wedded to 'stats' as a way of shortlisting signings. Much of what CBs do will not register. What credit do stats give for jumping with an attacker and jostling him just enough so that he misses the header or fails to control the cross.
It was clear tonight that although the team kept playing pretty possession football (we had 65% and more shots than Villa) we lack the ability and confidence to threaten the defenders.
We are once again a soft touch. It sickens me that my friends are already feeling sorry for me! My heart goes out to Scott Parker as he looked completely drained at the final whistle and actually long before that.
weve also been let down by signings though, no one thought mawson and chambers would flop as badly as they did, we spent big on mlm too. The latter probably being a stats signing with the other two experienced prem players.
Brentfords stats pisses all over ours. Embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Whitestone

After the play off win it was universally thought by many that the bare minimum requirement was a right back, a centre back and another forward. Almost 8 weeks later all we have from that list is a right back. A good one too on performances so far. We recruited a keeper who is now first choice when we already had a decent number one. It's inexcusable that the club haven't recruited in the other areas mentioned. Three games in and it is pretty obvious that major surgery is required which has come as no surprise to me.
It's all well and good trying to keep the promotion squad together but not if it's to the detriment of the long term ambitions of the club which surely must be staying up, rather than being a yo-yo club, unless the owners are ok with that. I'm fairly certain most supporters aren't ?

fulhamben

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 28, 2020, 10:46:09 PM
We have needed CBs for three seasons. We used loan players in those positions to get into the Prem, we did not but any in the Prem, We did bring in Hector in January but he could only play half of last season.
Hector seems to have lost confidence (not surprisingly) and needs an older head with pace next to him. Somebody who will command the defence especially as I did not see any evidence of our new keeper taking charge.
The problem is I suspect that the club is wedded to 'stats' as a way of shortlisting signings. Much of what CBs do will not register. What credit do stats give for jumping with an attacker and jostling him just enough so that he misses the header or fails to control the cross.
It was clear tonight that although the team kept playing pretty possession football (we had 65% and more shots than Villa) we lack the ability and confidence to threaten the defenders.
We are once again a soft touch. It sickens me that my friends are already feeling sorry for me! My heart goes out to Scott Parker as he looked completely drained at the final whistle and actually long before that.
weve also been let down by signings though, no one thought mawson and chambers would flop as badly as they did, we spent big on mlm too. The latter probably being a stats signing with the other two experienced prem players.

what league are they in again?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on September 28, 2020, 10:52:59 PM

Same one we'll be in next year.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2020, 09:47:40 PM
His position is untenable, his ego is unbearable, his arrogance is incorrigible and his qualifications to do the job are invisible.

This needs to be made into a t-shirt or a banner!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 28, 2020, 10:54:04 PM

Same one we'll be in next year.
cant be right, as there stats piss all over ours, but have never been a league above us

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on September 28, 2020, 10:55:14 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2020, 09:47:40 PM
His position is untenable, his ego is unbearable, his arrogance is incorrigible and his qualifications to do the job are invisible.

This needs to be made into a t-shirt or a banner!

That seems a very good idea, I could sell hundreds of thousands.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

NJFulham

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 28, 2020, 07:56:00 PM
If he really cared he would walk away.
He thinks he's done a good job...

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Denzil Dexter

Without our money. Gotta give them credit. A tiny club in comparison that finished above us in the table.  Buy players for £10 and sell them for millions.   Yeah a lot of their fans are cretins but as a club they do well.  Just imagine  what we could do with a dof who can build a solid side in the chumps ready made for the PL.

Andy S

I think it is easy to blame lots of coaches and TK. For me the blame falls squarely on the players. They are not good enough and they are not coached to a high enough standard. Defending is not easy it has to be worked on. If they aren't good enough get them out. I am not interested in watching dross like I've watched tonight. I want to see my team trying by putting as much effort and fight into winning as possible. That means get rid of the manager. He was only ever a cheap stop gap. Tony K made he ricket of giving him a new contract. Ha should now sack him. He is not up to the job. Tony blames COVID and while it has not helped anyone. It has helped us least of all. Finally it has hindered us in the worst way possible by showing clubs our weakest points on live TV. It has shown our potential signings why they should not bother signing for us

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: NJFulham on September 28, 2020, 10:58:46 PM

Good lord I hope this is a joke that has gone over my head  1500.gif
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

fulhamben

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 28, 2020, 11:00:31 PM

Without our money. Gotta give them credit. A tiny club in comparison that finished above us in the table.  Buy players for £10 and sell them for millions.   Yeah a lot of their fans are cretins but as a club they do well.  Just imagine  what we could do with a dof who can build a solid side in the chumps ready made for the PL.

its the money signings that get you promoted though. Yes they have done well as a money generator, and we're decent on the eye, but for all the money they got for Watkins and benerhama when he goes, we got more for winning the big game.

NJFulham

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on September 28, 2020, 11:06:59 PM

He takes credit for getting us promoted the first time, even though it was mostly Slavisa.

The fact is they had guys like Curbishley, Ranieri, Muelensteen etc. around and they all failed. So when they got promoted, Tony can say that he knows more or is better than these "football men".

fulhamben

Quote from: NJFulham on September 28, 2020, 11:10:26 PM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on September 28, 2020, 11:06:59 PM

He takes credit for getting us promoted the first time, even though it was mostly Slavisa.

The fact is they had guys like Curbishley, Ranieri, Muelensteen etc. around and they all failed. So when they got promoted, Tony can say that he knows more or is better than these "football men".

he was right in a way though. A panel of experts recommended kit be our manager. They were wrong, but they were football people and still wrong. He has got us up twice

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on September 28, 2020, 11:04:27 PM
I think it is easy to blame lots of coaches and TK. For me the blame falls squarely on the players. They are not good enough and they are not coached to a high enough standard. Defending is not easy it has to be worked on. If they aren't good enough get them out. I am not interested in watching dross like I've watched tonight. I want to see my team trying by putting as much effort and fight into winning as possible. That means get rid of the manager. He was only ever a cheap stop gap. Tony K made he ricket of giving him a new contract. Ha should now sack him. He is not up to the job. Tony blames COVID and while it has not helped anyone. It has helped us least of all. Finally it has hindered us in the worst way possible by showing clubs our weakest points on live TV. It has shown our potential signings why they should not bother signing for us

Tony Khan is the individual and the architect of all that is wrong at Fulham and he is the first person who should be fired, he is an imposter not a D of F and he feeds off the naive whilst cocking a snoop at them at the same time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.