https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

derby record revisited

Started by ALG01, September 28, 2020, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on September 29, 2020, 01:37:37 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 29, 2020, 01:33:59 PM
3 games is enough to know we are dead cert relegation fodder. Thats why every pundit in the country are calling it so and bookmakers are paying out on it already. It was the same last time around, everyone and their uncle knew we were going down after the first few games.

yep palace at home was when I knew and called it. Think that was our second game. And we look a lot worse now. A lot lot worse.

Palace at home was first game of the season and wasn't that bad IMO! I remember thinking after the Burnley game (3rd game) that we'd finish mid-table!!
I kept thinking those players would come good, even after Christmas.

However this season feels different. Can't see any reason to think we'll improve. It's not about new players needing time to 'gel'... it was about brining the right players in, quickly, and we've blown that now IMO. The dressing room is gone and no good players will want to join us, and I've no confidence in TK identifying those players anyway.

So I agree with Rusty S unfortunately.

Sgt Fulham

QuotePalace at home was first game of the season and wasn't that bad IMO! I remember thinking after the Burnley game (3rd game) that we'd finish mid-table!!
I kept thinking those players would come good, even after Christmas.

However this season feels different. Can't see any reason to think we'll improve. It's not about new players needing time to 'gel'... it was about brining the right players in, quickly, and we've blown that now IMO. The dressing room is gone and no good players will want to join us, and I've no confidence in TK identifying those players anyway.

So I agree with Rusty S unfortunately.

Exactly and entirely this. I thought we outplayed Palace but were undone by moments of quality. The signs were good though and we would be a good team once the team had gelled. Right now I can only see things getting slightly less embarrassing at best, but a meek slide off the platform of the Premier League.

filham

It is a terrible start, not sure which is the worst stat. after 3 games. o points, no goals at the Cottage from two games or 10 goals conceded.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 29, 2020, 01:33:59 PM
3 games is enough to know we are dead cert relegation fodder. Thats why every pundit in the country are calling it so and bookmakers are paying out on it already. It was the same last time around, everyone and their uncle knew we were going down after the first few games.

We won the Championship playoff. It was given we'd be relegation fodder. Let's embrace the struggle of not breaking Derby's record.

Jim©

Quote from: fulhamben on September 29, 2020, 01:31:44 PM
Quote from: Jim© on September 29, 2020, 01:28:24 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 28, 2020, 09:43:43 PM
Yep I bite your hand off for 12 points right now. We need massive changes just to avoid that embarrassment

Personally i find the "white flagging" from Fulham supporters a bit more embarrassing.
3 games in and we'll get less than 12 points? Laughable really.
Let's see where we are after 10 games before making any more crazy predictions?!

who do you think we might scrape a draw off of jim? Westbrom is about our easiest game left after the Villa and Leeds defeats.

I reckon, in the cold light of day, if you watch the 3 games we've played in, we've been let down by idiotic decision making but we've played well in long spells.

Now, we know that Hector doesn't "always" make poor decisions. You, me and everyone was lauding him when he got into the team. But some of his decisions thus far have been bizarre. I cannot believe some of the positions he got dragged into v Leeds and again last night he pulled that defensive line way too high for the free kick from which they scored (giving acres for a Villa player to run into). Against Arsenal he was pulled out of position again, leaving Ream to fend for much of the second half.

However,  We do know that Dennis is prone to the odd lapse of concentration however. Some of his diving in has been shocking and you could put him at fault for all three in some way last night. Letting a player (watkins) get goal side of you and passed you for that throw in was incredible, as was the run Grealish made in front of him for the first. Not good enough.

Ream I'm a fan of and possibly least at fault of the 3, but not helping make a cohesive unit at the moment. Since lockdown, bar one wonder challenge by Hec at Cardiff, Ream's been our best "defender" IMO.

Bryan's defensive side have improved immeasurably but to me, in the second half (and in previous games) he's looked like a better player going forward. I would 100% put him in front of Robinson to sure things up a bit. Bryan has played high up the pitch in most of his games, as has...

Tete has looked very good in patches. No idea about the injury, but I hope he's fit soon.

The keeper hasn't had loads to do, but not done that very well. I voted Rodak POS last year and think he deserves to come back in. I found the change tough to understand after Parker's "we won't do wholesale changes" piece at Wembley.

So, improvements needed but we're creating chances, controlling parts of the games but whether through purely better decisions from current defenders or new additions, we need to stop giving a goal the first time the opponents have a shot on target. We can beat any of Newcastle, Brighton, Palace, West Brom, Leeds (a post away from a point), Burnley, Saints etc if we tighten up. I've seen some terrible teams in the Premier league and at this moment in time I wouldn't put us anywhere near them.

As above, I'll wait 10 games prior to getting too nervous. One win after all takes us up to mid-table.

Bill2

Quote from: SP on September 28, 2020, 09:50:11 PM
I haven't checked but we must be top of the bookings table?
Can anyone please explain why AK an BDC were booked last night?

fulhamben

Quote from: Bill2 on September 29, 2020, 05:07:33 PM
Quote from: SP on September 28, 2020, 09:50:11 PM
I haven't checked but we must be top of the bookings table?
Can anyone please explain why AK an BDC were booked last night?
ak, there was an off the ball incident we won a throw and the Villa player wouldn't give us the ball handbags stuff and both players got booked. Don't know what bobby did
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Neutral Zone Ultra

I'm usually relatively rational and optimistic as a fan, especially early in the season but honestly I don't see a single prem game in our fixture list that I think we can even get a point out of. When you're getting spanked by the likes of Leeds and Villa, teams who are relegation rivals, you dread to think what teams like Liverpool City or even Leicester will do to us.

SP

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on September 29, 2020, 09:43:52 PM
I'm usually relatively rational and optimistic as a fan, especially early in the season but honestly I don't see a single prem game in our fixture list that I think we can even get a point out of. When you're getting spanked by the likes of Leeds and Villa, teams who are relegation rivals, you dread to think what teams like Liverpool City or even Leicester will do to us.

I don't think SU have scored a goal yet so maybe a 0-0 against them?  :005:

FFCFOREVER

Sorry but I don't get all this about dead certs for relegation only 3 games in. Yeah we are pony at the moment but sort the defence and we will be ok imo. As ive  said before, Palace lost 7 on the bounce without scoring any in that time, a few seasons back, when DeBoer was in charge there and the "experts" said they were dead certs to go down. What happened? They finished around 15th ish. So I aint chucking in the towel just yet but rapid improvement is required after the blasted international break. If there is no improvement then im with you about going down.

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on September 29, 2020, 09:56:58 PM
Sorry but I don't get all this about dead certs for relegation only 3 games in. Yeah we are pony at the moment but sort the defence and we will be ok imo. As ive  said before, Palace lost 7 on the bounce without scoring any in that time, a few seasons back, when DeBoer was in charge there and the "experts" said they were dead certs to go down. What happened? They finished around 15th ish. So I aint chucking in the towel just yet but rapid improvement is required after the blasted international break. If there is no improvement then im with you about going down.

Well...they got Roy in and he worked his miracles.

Where's old Sam Allardicio when you need him?

fcfulham55

I think we'll do better than most think, but we won't be getting points in the double figures.

It's going to feel like a small achievement every time we lose narrowly.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

FFC In Oz

Quote from: fcfulham55 on September 30, 2020, 01:07:50 PM
I think we'll do better than most think, but we won't be getting points in the double figures.

It's going to feel like a small achievement every time we lose narrowly.

Isn't it funny that getting to double figures will be seen as a notable achievement?