watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

derby record revisited

Started by ALG01, September 28, 2020, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

i was rounded on for suggesting we could get a lower points total than derby a few days ago

right now i think it was an astute observation and we are in real danger of breakning that record. slav's team were way better than this and still got hammered.

fulhamben

Yep I bite your hand off for 12 points right now. We need massive changes just to avoid that embarrassment
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sgt Fulham

0 points at this rate. In a way that would be quite impressive.

SP

I haven't checked but we must be top of the bookings table?

Bryanthebroom

'They also accumulated the league's lowest points total since the introduction of 3 points for a win with just 11 points, as well as the record for the fewest wins in a Premier League season with just 1 victory in 38 games; also most defeats (29), fewest goals scored (20), most goals conceded in a 38-game season (89), longest run without victory (32 matches), and earliest relegation (March 29).'

I think we'll score more than 20 goals, but do worry that we could break Derby's record of 89 conceded in a season.

EDIT: We conceded 81 in the 18/19 season. Think we'll easily surpass that.

john dempsey

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 28, 2020, 09:47:51 PM
0 points at this rate. In a way that would be quite impressive.
I admire your optimism that we will
accrue 0 points,

70sPimlico

Quote from: ALG01 on September 28, 2020, 09:42:28 PM
i was rounded on for suggesting we could get a lower points total than derby a few days ago

right now i think it was an astute observation
You must be feeling really great about yourself

ALG01

Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 28, 2020, 09:52:56 PM

I love replies like yours when I am unhappy. they serve no purpose whatsoever and say more about you.

but in answer to your question I feel very good about myself that even at my age, after so many years of supporting, watching and playing, I continue to be razor sharp focused on what is happening, but very sad that it is showing us in such a bad light.

70sPimlico

Quote from: ALG01 on September 28, 2020, 10:03:09 PM

I love replies like yours when I am unhappy. they serve no purpose whatsoever and say more about you.

but in answer to your question I feel very good about myself that even at my age, after so many years of supporting, watching and playing, I continue to be razor sharp focused on what is happening, but very sad that it is showing us in such a bad light.

Yes, as well as being very astute, you are now also razor sharp. As a forum, we are very happy for you to continue praising yourself.

Maybe you should look at getting into wrestling promotion.

Just not really in the mood for posts saying "Look at me, I told you we were shite"

Arthur

right now i think it was an astute observation and we are in real danger of breakning that record. slav's team were way better than this and still got hammered.

I recall two previous predictions of yours:

• That we would finish in the bottom eight of the Championship (after losing to Barnsley on the opening day of last season).
  • That we couldn't win the play-offs with Parker (shortly before lockdown).

I know that doesn't mean you'll always be wrong, but your track record could be better.

ALG01

Quote from: Arthur on September 28, 2020, 10:33:08 PM

I recall two previous predictions of yours:

• That we would finish in the bottom eight of the Championship (after losing to Barnsley on the opening day of last season).
  • That we couldn't win the play-offs with Parker (shortly before lockdown).

I know that doesn't mean you'll always be wrong, but your track record could be better.

I did say exactly that, we would be bottom 8 but we got in a few better players than I amticipated and i might yet have been proved right but Hector arriving to join in half way throuygh the season turned it round. and quite early on I comceded I was in error and became a little more optimistic but surely thought we were not quite good enough to go up.

regarding the play offs and parker. I don't actually recall saying that before the lockdown but I might have done in a fit of gloom because he obsesively seems to do the same thing over and oover even when it doesn't work just as he is now and played TC too far forward and kept the wingers too wide and not get enough players in the box. But to be honest i thought we would lose to brentford in the final but parker demonstrated a master class in tactics and the brentford manager did the oppositie.

But I think you will agree I am 100% consistent where TK is concerned because he plays russian roulette with the team. He is talentless and arrogant and but for his parental lineage he would never have got the job, and even if he blagged his way in, he would have been sacked years ago.

I am impressed you recall what I said from so long ago. It is spooky you should be keeping such an eye out for me. If the squad is not rampped up in quality, proper quality soon then you wll know I think we are in danger of not beating derbby's record 11 points. Now that is not a prediction as such but certainly a possibility, so I encourage you to jot that down where ever you put my predictions and get back to me later in the season.

MikeTheCubed

Derby had the luxury of claiming two points off us that season.

ALG01

Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 28, 2020, 10:15:15 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on September 28, 2020, 10:03:09 PM

Yes, as well as being very astute, you are now also razor sharp. As a forum, we are very happy for you to continue praising yourself.

Maybe you should look at getting into wrestling promotion.

Just not really in the mood for posts saying "Look at me, I told you we were shite"

I made an observation and was rounded on regarding the derby total. We are now three games in and I am entiled to say to thoise very rude people that if we do not get somew decent signings in quick it is likely to come true.

If you do not want to read posts about how poor we are, then i suggest not reading the rest of the MB. I said I was razor sharpe about was is happening and you don't have to be that clever to see where we are going wrong, better than appologising for the unnecesay state we are in. I try not to be rude in my replies to anyone and I will not respond further.

FFC In Oz

The record is in trouble.  I can't even see where our next point is potentially coming from, let alone a win.

We have a defence that has no positional awareness and can't track runs from out wide or midfield, a midfield that lacks creativity, wingers who are basically just names on a team sheet and nothing more, and Mitro who cuts an isolated and forlorn figure up front.

Jim©

Quote from: fulhamben on September 28, 2020, 09:43:43 PM
Yep I bite your hand off for 12 points right now. We need massive changes just to avoid that embarrassment

Personally i find the "white flagging" from Fulham supporters a bit more embarrassing.
3 games in and we'll get less than 12 points? Laughable really.
Let's see where we are after 10 games before making any more crazy predictions?!

fulhamben

Quote from: Jim© on September 29, 2020, 01:28:24 PM

Personally i find the "white flagging" from Fulham supporters a bit more embarrassing.
Let's see where we are after 10 games before making any more crazy predictions?!

who do you think we might scrape a draw off of jim? Westbrom is about our easiest game left after the Villa and Leeds defeats.

rusty shackleford

3 games is enough to know we are dead cert relegation fodder. Thats why every pundit in the country are calling it so and bookmakers are paying out on it already. It was the same last time around, everyone and their uncle knew we were going down after the first few games.

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: Jim© on September 29, 2020, 01:28:24 PM

Laughable? Were you watching the same game as me? The one where we got spanked 0-3 at home by one of the other favourites for relegation?

There's still time in the window but I certainly don't see the reaction of Fulham fans/professional pundits as in any way over the top.  Unless Fulham undergo some kind of miraculous defensive metamorphosis then I see Derby's record as very much under threat.

fulhamben

Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 29, 2020, 01:33:59 PM
3 games is enough to know we are dead cert relegation fodder. Thats why every pundit in the country are calling it so and bookmakers are paying out on it already. It was the same last time around, everyone and their uncle knew we were going down after the first few games.

yep palace at home was when I knew and called it. Think that was our second game. And we look a lot worse now. A lot lot worse.

bill taylors apprentice

However bad we are, I believe we can do better and I will always hope things improve.
That's what supporters do!