watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

GJ and Positives

Started by Dodgin, September 28, 2020, 09:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Gentleman Jim talked of positives about the game but didn't name any. I thought of two, Tete, unfortunate he went off. The other one being saving a few hundred on my season ticket.

SP

The early kick-off meant he got home in good time?

ALG01

another positive is we can start building our squad early for life in the championship

Bryanthebroom

For me, the only positive is TK's apology.

I understand that it doesn't send a 'positive message' to the players - but you know what - good. Our back 5 was awful today.

There may be better people out there for the DoF role, but we have TK for the long haul. And at least this shows that he cares and is invested (albeit emotionally) in the team.

Twig

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on September 28, 2020, 10:00:37 PM

I understand that it doesn't send a 'positive message' to the players - but you know what - good. Our back 5 was awful today.

There may be better people out there for the DoF role, but we have TK for the long haul. And at least this shows that he cares and is invested (albeit emotionally) in the team.

There "may" be better people out there for the DoF role.... Really?  Not may, the are for sure plenty of football professionals who would do a better job than our well intentioned amateur.

Arthur

Bryan showed some fabulous bits of close skill in the second half; Parker should move him forward and try Robinson at left back.

Arthur

The players didn't give up - even after the disallowed goal extinguished any last hope of salvaging something.

Arthur

I thought we worked the ball out of defence into wide attacking positions skilfully - especially in the first half when the marking was tighter.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes that was my observations also that we never gave up, no heads dropped but a lot of pain was in the players faces.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on September 28, 2020, 10:08:50 PM
Quote from: Bryanthebroom on September 28, 2020, 10:00:37 PM

There "may" be better people out there for the DoF role.... Really?  Not may, the are for sure plenty of football professionals who would do a better job than our well intentioned amateur.

I hope we do not have Khan Junior for the long haul, that would be a disaster and he has already overstayed his welcome.
He is a fish out of water and he does not care, he is insincere and only apologised as he was embarrassed and so he should be. Action speaks louder than words and the owners son needs to be told Fulham FC is not his toy and his amateurism is turning Fulham into a laughing stock amongst players, managers, agents and football supporters. His soft underbelly has given Fulham a soft underbelly and a reputation as a pushover when it comes to the English Premier League.

Never forget your Roots.

FFCFOREVER

Only positive I can think of right now is that Palace were in a worst position than us at this stage of a season a few years back - summin like lost first 7 and no goals scored but finished around 14th or summin. Clutching at straws I know.

Pippo

Tete and Bryan played well. Other than that everyone was either hopeless or ineffective.

It isn't the end off the world, it's only 3 games in. But it's not exactly morale boosting. I still wouldn't have it any other way, it's exciting, it's unpredictable, it's Fulham. The light at the end of the tunnel is it might get worse, a lot worse, we could beat Derby's record low points, but at some point, literally any point in the future it might get better. Could take a month, a year, ten years, might be dead, but at least one day we'd be a mid table, premier league, ueafa cup competing side, or better right? At least one day

bobbo

Well woolly you are braver than me I would like to have said that , only thing , I think he does care but the toy bit is spot on , he's had a life that most of us don't know or probably understand - very privelaged thanks to his dad. He sure needs to make way for someone with more and better experience.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Jim©

Quote from: Arthur on September 28, 2020, 10:08:55 PM
Bryan showed some fabulous bits of close skill in the second half; Parker should move him forward and try Robinson at left back.

I agree, for me he was a real positive- he looked superb on the ball. Perhaps being tougher all over the park (ie with Bryan in front of Robinson) may work.

JoelH5

My one possitive take away is that TK has been made to look even more incompetent so hopefully he has a real drive to save what he can of his reputation by getting some business done
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JoelH5 on September 29, 2020, 09:55:32 AM
My one possitive take away is that TK has been made to look even more incompetent so hopefully he has a real drive to save what he can of his reputation by getting some business done

Let us hope so, as I feel the next seven days until the Window is slammed shut could make or break.
If there is very little activity that will make a huge impact, then I fear it could be a long hard winter ahead for all at Fulham Football Club.

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 29, 2020, 10:01:34 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on September 29, 2020, 09:55:32 AM

Let us hope so, as I feel the next seven days until the Window is slammed shut could make or break.
If there is very little activity that will make a huge impact, then I fear it could be a long hard winter ahead for all at Fulham Football Club.

If no big CB signings are made we are down. 100%
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Andy S

Will all leaders all over the club show themselves

grandad

In spite of being one of his critics I thought Ream had a faultless game. Doesn´t say much for Hector & Odoi who both had mares.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Quote from: Arthur on September 28, 2020, 10:08:55 PM
Or even just try Robinson in the advanced role, he has pace and demonstrated he can use it to go past defenders.