News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why is everyone antagonising Tony Khan .

Started by RAY Rock ????, September 28, 2020, 10:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY Rock ????

He has tried to sign players and it hasn't come off for one reason or another. I was very worried when they bought the club but they have put in bundles of money even when we Were . in the championship. They are building a new stand which is mega money . Why are you winding him up. Parker wanted to keep the squad together and now is crying out for reinforcements. What ever happens from now to the end of the season I for one am grateful they are here and are securing our long term future. Fans need to get a grip how many clubs lower down the pyramid are about to fold . Think how lucky we are

Mickeyboro

It's all about him, him, him. Justifying his incompetence and hanging SP out to dry.

He should keep off Twitter and get on with it - or get out.

LittleErn

On balance you are right. That's not to say that someone else might not be more successful in persuading players to sign for us. I am grateful for the Khans' investment but I think that a guy who has played at a high level would be better in the recruitment role. Think Keagan and his success in attracting quality players.

Slaphead in Qatar

It is difficult bringing in good players but that's his job and he is failing.

Most of the other teams have bought in good additions

fulhamben

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 28, 2020, 10:43:21 PM

17 of the other teams already had squads good enough for the prem, we are starting from a lot further back
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ALG01

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on September 28, 2020, 10:37:26 PM
He has tried to sign players and it hasn't come off for one reason or another. I was very worried when they bought the club but they have put in bundles of money even when we Were . in the championship. They are building a new stand which is mega money . Why are you winding him up. Parker wanted to keep the squad together and now is crying out for reinforcements. What ever happens from now to the end of the season I for one am grateful they are here and are securing our long term future. Fans need to get a grip how many clubs lower down the pyramid are about to fold . Think how lucky we are

you just have to be kidding.

This is no longer a football thing it is a business thing.

Since the Khan's arived the signings have been extrodinarilly inept. the few times they worked were when we had slav who was a genius and got us over the line in style despite the Khan's/

Every season TK has played at being DoF as if he knew what he was doing but he is arrogant, inexperienced and pointless. In any other club he would not have got an interview let alone the job. And even if he did manage toi get the job he would have been sacked ages ago and a man put in place that properly supported slav.

The only thing TK is good at is PR and I expect that to go into overdrive shortly to try and make us think black is white but I cannot recall such a shambles at the club, no whoops three managers in each pof our previous two outings in the prem where we had been comfortable for so long until they turned up.

TK is the problem now.... just recall he didn; mange to sign hector on the right day!

FFCFOREVER

Mate come on. We've needed CB's since last season and they still not here so forgive me if I vent my opinion about the person who has failed to address this issue whose job it is. The buck stops with TK end of.

Southcoastffc

Just remember that TK's biggest signing is Scott Parker.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FFC1987

Blimey. Mental gymnastics gold medalist right here.

Woolly Mammoth

I can only think how unlucky we are to have to tolerate the owners son and all his shortcomings, and his father has to take responsibility for the fall out of having his son as an amateur incompetent arrogant egotistic D of F.
May I also remind you that when Khan Senior bought the club we were a Premier Division Club and finished in 12th place the previous year.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

Hi Tony - welcome to the Forum

john dempsey

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2020, 10:55:31 PM

I can only think how unlucky we are to have to tolerate the owners son and all his shortcomings, and his father has to take responsibility for the fall out of having his son as an amateur incompetent arrogant egotistic D of F.
May I also remind you that when Khan Senior bought the club we were a Premier Division Club and finished in 12th place the previous year.

we are still a premiership club. parker needs to up his game for sure

Whitestone

There have been loads of positives since the Khan's took over.  I'm sure we are the envy of many other clubs given the investment and relative success. Unfortunately it's not all rosey on the playing field so far this season, which is where it matters. Ordinarily this would probably be forgivable as a newly promoted team but we've been here before and lessons haven't been learned.

Andy S

Slav was no superman no matter what you think. He was a better manager than Parker but put us on the road to relegation just as we are on now. You have to believe that players move to the best club they can. Their club only sell them if they can get someone better to replace them. There are only a very few really good players out there. As a manager you have to do the best you can with what you have. Finally every other club is doing better than us we sit bottom. But there will be three clubs doing the drop next May

jarv

Good post, I was thinking of something similar but did not want to duplicate arguments. On the evidence so far, we are in trouble. 3 games in, 1 decent half against Leeds when we were 4-1 down.  Leeds and Aston Villa, not exactly top 6 contenders.

However, I hope we stop the Parker bashing and even the Khan bashing.  Can anyone come up with a better idea, all knowing that we needed a new back 4 two years ago.

I am as disappointed as the rest of you and feel we have little chance of survival but for a couple of miracle signings and the demise of some others around us.  It is football in the modern world, like it or lump it, the way it is.

I just wish we were not so embarrassing as today.

Two things, I wish we had stayed in the championship for another year and recently read a column, which I agreed with, about how much more refreshing and equal the games are in the championship. More fun to watch, NO V A R, the list goes on. Just my opinion and I will watch every game this season no matter what.

Radiowhite

Because the one position he had to sign players was centre back and he hasn't done it

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: fulhamben on September 28, 2020, 10:45:10 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 28, 2020, 10:43:21 PM

17 of the other teams already had squads good enough for the prem, we are starting from a lot further back

Exactly right. Our team was out of its depth to begin with, really.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"