A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan POLL

Started by Maidstone Lee, September 28, 2020, 11:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you believe Tony Khan should remain as Director of Football?

Yes
27 (21.1%)
No
101 (78.9%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Voting closed: September 30, 2020, 11:23:11 PM

toshes mate

Appreciate the sentiment of the thread vote but do not forget the damage caused to our reputation in football since 2016 by Khan Jnr (and CK in his time) will take a long time to repair.  Jokanovic saw them for what they were - clowns - and knew himself well enough to know he could do a decent job even if his days were well and truly numbered almost from the start.  Ranieri was the Khans' perfect match and comfort zone, someone who'd let them do what they wanted whilst not performing miracles on the pitch.   

Parker is also in that Khan comfort zone but at least he is trying to build his own reputation and he needs to get that project back on track - somehow.  I hope he sticks around for the season and gets to see players giving value fo money to those still watching but the conversation in my neck of the woods is that all Khan Snr's money is going to waste.  I can just see a yo-yo project completely backfiring on our owners if that is what their get out of jail card amounts to.

We Are Premier League

Voted yes, don't think daddy Khan would keep supporting/investing in the club if his son is forced out. Really don't fancy a change of owner at this point in time...

HamsterWheel

TK knows what the problem is.
His Tweet last night
"I apologize to @FulhamFC supporters for our performance tonight. We've looked to add centre-backs since Wembley, I'm sorry we haven't yet as 2 got COVID + we lost a Free we thought was close + had another issue with a 4th CB. I promise players in + better efforts from this squad."

And lets not forget - his Dad is getting on in years and eventually will want to retire. Who'll own Fulham then? TK of course. So we're stuck with him and bellyaching will get you nowhere. Though of course if everyone continues the assault on his competence and integrity he might just decide he doesn't want to be involved. And then Shahid may sell - better the devil you know.

toshes mate

Quote from: HamsterWheel on September 29, 2020, 09:23:20 AM
TK knows what the problem is.
His Tweet last night
"I apologize to @FulhamFC supporters for our performance tonight. We've looked to add centre-backs since Wembley, I'm sorry we haven't yet as 2 got COVID + we lost a Free we thought was close + had another issue with a 4th CB. I promise players in + better efforts from this squad."

And lets not forget - his Dad is getting on in years and eventually will want to retire. Who'll own Fulham then? TK of course. So we're stuck with him and bellyaching will get you nowhere. Though of course if everyone continues the assault on his competence and integrity he might just decide he doesn't want to be involved. And then Shahid may sell - better the devil you know.
From reading your post it makes me think that you do not understand the logic of your own post.   If TK's reign amounts to complete failure this year and next year then will Khan Snr still be backing the Club in League One?  I do get the connection between Khan Senior and Khan Junior but it fills me with dread.  At least MAF wanted success for Fulham when his motives were much more narrowly focused on his own status in the UK.   He seriously gambled.   What we do know is that TK cannot play English football poker for love nor money.

Nero

Can I just point out you can get rid of Khan as DOF but he still signs the cheques and agrees the wages, so it would be no different if people are saying hes selling of the club and not offering over the odds and breaking the wage structure for players is the problem

Penfold

Quote from: Nero on September 29, 2020, 09:35:19 AM
Can I just point out you can get rid of Khan as DOF but he still signs the cheques and agrees the wages, so it would be no different if people are saying hes selling of the club and not offering over the odds and breaking the wage structure for players is the problem

I thought it was his father that signed off the cheques. After all, he's the successful businessman, not Tony.

howitis

Quote from: Milo on September 28, 2020, 11:39:29 PM
I think he should remain as a senior Director but that an experienced DOF should be appointed who works alongside the manager to identify suitable targets for transfer.

I think TK is learning as he goes along. That isn't a criticism per se.. I think I could well make all the same mistakes as he has or indeed a whole new load of mistakes... the issue is that neither he nor I have the experience of football to operate such an important role in the top flight of English football.

On a similar note, I believe Parker is the same. Not got the experience and is learning as he goes along. And, as above, I can't say I would do anything differently to him. Quite simply however, you can't instantly expect to be a successful top flight DOF/Manager in the Premiership. It takes years. Just ask Roy..

Agree completely - 2 key positions and both need help urgently because they are out of their depth....

Offset

Unless TK is stupid which I do not think he is, he must have transfers that are in the pipeline because of the time scale before the window is closed, so before we can make any vote on should he go or stay we should wait to see

grandad

TK should not be D of F. He should move over to seeing the Riverside development through & its associated activities such as sponsors, venue hiring etc.
Shad needs to recruit a D of F who knows the game inside out whether as a player or manager. If SP remains he needs to work alongside a real football mind.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andy S

It seems to me that people want to bite off the hand that feeds it. We are not one place off bottom in division Two, losing to the bottom club as we were a few seasons back. Get a grip people

Penfold

Quote from: Andy S on September 29, 2020, 10:32:56 AM
It seems to me that people want to bite off the hand that feeds it. We are not one place off bottom in division Two, losing to the bottom club as we were a few seasons back. Get a grip people

A few seasons back? 24 and a half years ago I think you will find.

A few years back (well 10 years ago), we were European finalists.

FFCAli

Quote from: grandad on September 29, 2020, 10:29:13 AM
TK should not be D of F. He should move over to seeing the Riverside development through & its associated activities such as sponsors, venue hiring etc.
Shad needs to recruit a D of F who knows the game inside out whether as a player or manager. If SP remains he needs to work alongside a real football mind.
This is the point.  It's not whether TK should be associated with the club  -  of course he should.  But a DoF needs a football background, experience of the game and preferably experience of the game in this country.  He's learning on the job without an experienced mentor to guide and teach him.  You don't hire an apprentice to fill the boss's position.  Also DoF is a full-time job, not one to be combined with 2 or 3 others.