A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan POLL

Started by Maidstone Lee, September 28, 2020, 11:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you believe Tony Khan should remain as Director of Football?

Yes
27 (21.1%)
No
101 (78.9%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Voting closed: September 30, 2020, 11:23:11 PM

Maidstone Lee

Do you believe Tony Khan should remain as Director of Football?

I'll run another poll come the end of the transfer window as well to see if there's much of a difference.

I appreciate that others may have done a poll before but it's probably the best way of gauging the current mood.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Milo

I think he should remain as a senior Director but that an experienced DOF should be appointed who works alongside the manager to identify suitable targets for transfer.

I think TK is learning as he goes along. That isn't a criticism per se.. I think I could well make all the same mistakes as he has or indeed a whole new load of mistakes... the issue is that neither he nor I have the experience of football to operate such an important role in the top flight of English football.

On a similar note, I believe Parker is the same. Not got the experience and is learning as he goes along. And, as above, I can't say I would do anything differently to him. Quite simply however, you can't instantly expect to be a successful top flight DOF/Manager in the Premiership. It takes years. Just ask Roy..

General

It's simple.

in order to stand any chance of staying up, the following needs to happen.

we need to sign a top defensive coach.

We need to sign two commanding and experienced CB's

We need to play a more conservative and simple game of football where we're not trying to play the offside trap all the time and be too clever.

We need a dedicated football man as our Director of Football who knows the transfer market inside out and has a sensible attitude to him.

It just goes to show how little Tony Khan knows about and cares about the club that he said we'd have given anything to be called a yo-yo club when he came in as DOF - we had been a premiership team for 13 or 14 years straight before he and his dad got involved and since then we've been relegated twice and promoted twice - but even when promoted we've not looked like we've had a scooby doo.

I like Scott - 65% possession is promising and we had a lot of balls in the box etc - but does he have the nous and smarts currently to manage this team and the squad as a whole to get better results? I'm not sure.

As things stand we have a very very good chance of going down, but not only doing so - but breaking a lot of records as we do.

Villa hadn't won away in ages, hadn't kept a clean sheet in ages, stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season and a complete piece of flukey luck with the VAR situation. They have bought sensibly, although I'm led to believe we were in serious conversations with Watkins and Cash but Khan's bolshy attitude scuppered the deals and others.

He needs to go and quickly. If his dad is paying any attention he'll get rid of him and replace him as soon as he's paid whatever is necessary to get the players we need in, the defensive coach and as soon as this transfer window is closed.

This is an absolutely diabolical position.

H4usuallysitting

In my humble - he needs to serve an apprenticeship before taking such a big role...yep, we're in the prem....great news, but this is big boy football....£70m keeper's are bought & dropped

Jack Fulham

I would prefer to have a full time DoF who answers to the owners rather than the owner as DoF who answers to no one. Ideally not on twitter. You only have to look at his twitter bio to see we are one of a series of hobbies which I am sure he takes very seriously. I just do not think it a job you can play part time. He would not get the DoF job at any other Premier League club.

Woolly Mammoth

Tony Khan has not learnt a single aspect about running a football club and what it entails as a D of F, he is not qualified in any shape or form with no experience, he basically bought the job and pulled rank. A spoilt selfish individual who does not have the best interest of Fulham FC  at heart, only himself and his inflated ego.
He is not fit for purpose and he embarrasses himself and by doing so embarrasses Fulham FC. He has been exposed to what he is, an imposter posing as a D of F and shame on him.
He is using Fulham as a stats toy, he needs somebody, preferably his father to grab him by the shirt collar and shake him into resigning before a vote of no confidence is proposed and he will be out the door quicker than he came in. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2020, 11:50:46 PM
Tony Khan has not learnt a single aspect about running a football club and what it entails as a D of F, he is not qualified in any shape or form with no experience, he basically bought the job and pulled rank. A spoilt selfish individual who does not have the best interest of Fulham FC  at heart, only himself and his inflated ego.
He is not fit for purpose and he embarrasses himself and by doing so embarrasses Fulham FC. He has been exposed to what he is, an imposter posing as a D of F and shame on him.
He is using Fulham as a stats toy, he needs somebody, preferably his father to grab him by the shirt collar and shake him into resigning before a vote of no confidence is proposed and he will be out the door quicker than he came in. 

But - do you think he should be DOF

Milo

He has shown he can grow into the role eg signing loanees with options to buy - learning from the mistake of allowing 6 first team loanees to leave when we went up with Jokanovic.

However, you can't learn everything in so little time. He was 2-0 down before he even kicked off..

General

Quote from: Milo on September 28, 2020, 11:59:22 PM
He has shown he can grow into the role eg signing loanees with options to buy - learning from the mistake of allowing 6 first team loanees to leave when we went up with Jokanovic.

However, you can't learn everything in so little time. He was 2-0 down before he even kicked off..

I'm confused by your statement you can't learn everything in so little time - you clearly can learn enough in the 6?7? years he's been involved with the club if it was your sole job and interest/passion. He's trying to fob his statistical analysis on us, which doesn't obviously work at this level and in football as there are too many emotional elements and external influencing factors. PLUS he's also leading the jaguars (who incidentally have lost more than they've won) and All Elite Wrestling.

The guy needs to get a seasoned DOF in who has immense credibility in the footballing world.

Our clubs reputation is being dragged through the dirt by Tony currently and we're the laughing stock of the premier league - one of the largest and most internationally recognised leagues in the world - the only difference is this time EVERY game is being televised.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 28, 2020, 11:58:00 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2020, 11:50:46 PM

But - do you think he should be DOF

I would not wish him to have any roll at the club, he should keep away and let the professionals run it. He is nuisance number one and should be asked politely to clear out the draws of his desk taking the picture of his best mate CK with him and vacate the premises.     
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nero

The tk has no experience is getting a bit old now 4 years hes been doing it. He got an experience man to work along side he left probably got bored of not being able to go anywhere to scout players without coming back and spending 2 weeks in self isolation everytime he comes back. Do people honestly feel if we had 2 cb we wouldn't still be losing these games with the lack of defensive shape and static football we play. We keep possession lose it and get over run

blingo

You have to combine this poll with should Parker remain as manager

blingo

And my answer is in my TK SP topic

The Rational Fan

Since the playoff final, our DOF has spent the £14.85m very well indeed, but he just has spent enough money. Tony Khan is not the problem, but Shahid Khan just needs to back his son with another £75m (RCB £20m, LCB £20m, RW £20m, and a few loans £15m). We need at least two £10m central defenders, but we will have to spend £20m to get such a central back, so we need to support TK getting the best players available with £75m.

AnOldBrownie

I voted yes...but if he's not going to hire someone to run the day to day 100% or the time...that will change.   

What I'd rather happen (and i know it won't) is that Scott Parker fire his entire coaching staff.    I like Scott as a manager, but the style of football when we attack, and the poor positioning when we're on defense...   that's just unacceptable imo.   Well, if the idea is to not consistently be a yo yo club.

We had problems scoring in the championship and we haven't brought in one player to rectify that issue.   Not sure why we though BDR, Cav and Knock would come good in a tougher league.

RaySmith

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 29, 2020, 04:48:23 AM
Since the playoff final, our DOF has spent the £14.85m very well indeed, but he just has spent enough money. Tony Khan is not the problem, but Shahid Khan just needs to back his son with another £75m (RCB £20m, LCB £20m, RW £20m, and a few loans £15m). Everyone needs to accept it impossible to get the players we really need, but we need to support TK getting the best players available with £75m, spending poorly is better than not spending at all.

If money for  the right players is the problem, and I'm not sure if that is the reason why we  can't get players  or not, then  Khan senior should splash out whatever is required if he wants to keep us in the Prem, and protect and enhance his investment - which he presumably does.
I mean, would he spend  big on  anew stand, with the view  to us staying the Championship?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: RaySmith on September 29, 2020, 05:04:45 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 29, 2020, 04:48:23 AM
Since the playoff final, our DOF has spent the £14.85m very well indeed, but he just has spent enough money. Tony Khan is not the problem, but Shahid Khan just needs to back his son with another £75m (RCB £20m, LCB £20m, RW £20m, and a few loans £15m). Everyone needs to accept it impossible to get the players we really need, but we need to support TK getting the best players available with £75m, spending poorly is better than not spending at all.

If money for  the right players is the problem, and I'm not sure if that is the reason why we  can't get players  or not, then  Khan senior should splash out whatever is required if he wants to keep us in the Prem, and protect and enhance his investment - which he presumably does.
I mean, would he spend  big on  anew stand, with the view  to us staying the Championship?

Fulham is not an investment grade asset, as it never has (or ever will) make enough money to pay a dividend. If Shahid Khan wants to keep his money, he would very wise not giving Fulham another pound, and only spending gate receipts on players, which will end up with us bouncing between league one and league two. Every DOF at this club has lost every pound given to him and every DOF since 1996 would have lost less money not spending then getting relegated.

Fortunately, Shahid Khan didn't invest in Fulham. FFC is his hobby and like most hobbies he knows it costs money. SK spent his money on owning a team and giving his son some good director experience in a tough character building job (which his son needs).

The same way some fathers him their son £25 each weekend to pick a race horse, Shahid Khan gets his son to choose a few players for £25m each for the season. If SK wants to protect his money don't give FFC any more, but if he wants to have some fun spend another £75m on some players so the Khan's get some worthwhile enterntainment.

colinwhite

The problem is that the question doesnt on its own is not really enough is it ? Its really all about the Khans . If TK not being Director of football meant that they would sell the club then I think he should stayed on ,because  it seems reasonable to assume these 2 questions may be intertwined. I think we have good owners ,and the transfer window is not closed yet!

RaySmith

But presumably Khan wants  Fulham to be as successful as possible for financial, and status reasons - man who is very competitive and wants to succeed in all he does..

The Rational Fan

Quote from: RaySmith on September 29, 2020, 05:53:18 AM
But presumably Khan wants  Fulham to be as successful as possible for financial, and status reasons - man who is very competitive and wants to succeed in all he does..

When I have a bet on the horse races, I want it to be as financial profitable as possible. And, I am sure if I gave my money to a person that knows about horses they would be more profitable than me. Instead, I look up the form guide and analysis the statistics then choose some horse. If I win, then I'll bet on another horse until all money is lost. The few times, I have walked away with a few pounds, I'll buy my friend beers and gamble the rest away next time. I don't bet much but be under no illuision, this is not investment as it is a hobby because I know any money bet aint coming home. Shahid Khan didn't invest either, but billionaires buy football players for kicks rather than bet on horses.

Summary: This is a hobby for Shahid Khan and work experience for his son. Hopefully, he spends money on his hobby and gives his son more experience managing money as a director of something.