https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Contrary to forum belief PARKER is the problem TLDR

Started by Caedal, September 29, 2020, 01:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Radiowhite on September 29, 2020, 01:52:54 AM
Remember what happened last time...
Sacking managers does not help. It's the fact that our defence is awful, same thing has happened and would happen with any manager. We need new players it's obvious. If we lost every game I would not blame it on Parker if we continue with this current squad

0001.gif

The defense is poor but that's not the problem.

We do not stop other teams playing their way (as Hodgeson does)
We do not impose ourselves on the game.
We do not defend from the front, or even midfield.

These are tactical problems with the team/squad/training that need to be changed.

imo, we can survive if these are done, as  there are 6 teams who will be fighting to stay up.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Lighthouse

Quote from: Caedal on September 29, 2020, 01:37:24 AM
I see moan moan moan about TK and recruitment, but the squad we have should be equally as adept as WBA and Leeds at attempting to compete at this level.

Consistently since he took over Parker has set us up in a manor which highlights none of the squad strengths and exacerbates the weaknesses. Last season despite being promotion favourites we predictably relied on a Mitro finish or a worldie from 25 yards as our source of goals. Defensively we were a disaster, and frankly have been since Malone and Fredricks left and stopped bailing us out constantly when defensive errors were made.

Last season the tactics we employed were turgid and boring. I personally wanted Parker sacked before last season began, and I feel he totally underperformed last year despite promotion.  As we can see from the stats from last year 3 things were obvious.

1) we are too reliant on Mitro to score
2) We are awful from set pieces either end
3) The tactics, shape and expectations of the players would not work in the Premier League,

The PL is about PACE, its about Set piece vigilance, its about trying something different against better teams to try and win games

What does Parker do? Not even bench players we have signed. Claim "defending doesnt need coaching and if a mindset issue", and puts out nonsensical teams where we concede in the first 8 mins of every half we play.

Parker is a joke.

The "stick with the team that got us promoted" brigade are a joke. 

Solutions

SACK PARKER IMMEDIATELY
Hire someone that has some grasp of tactical knowledge
Sign 3 decent CBs, 4 decent wingers, 1 striker
Sell any player that is unhappy with it.
Never play Cairney in a 2 man mf
Never play Ak at RWB
Never play Odoi, Ream, Hector AND ESPECIALLY F*CKING CARVALEIRO AGAIN

While I understand the frustration. You say it is the Coach at fault and we need a new one immediately. But you also state we need EIGHT new players. This seems that a new team and coach are needed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

I'm amazed that our defending was so  abysmal.

Surely the players can do better than this.

All i an say is nerves, or lack of confidence.

Nero

How does Sean Dyche keep Burnley up, doesnt buy any superstar players not many players are courted by other clubs, he gets them organised they know there roles unfortunately under Parker we dont know what we are doing, a slight change in tactic last night was we where actually putting crosses into the box instead of just knocking around midfield but every one receiving the ball stood still no momentum nearly every time foot on the ball before crossing allow the opposition to think oh cross coming in. Recruitment may not be the best but this isnt about losing it the manner of the loses, these arent narrow 1 nil loses these are pants dont shafting. If Hodgson was in charge we may still lose but we would be losing by 3 and we'd be in the game for more then 20 mins? Reckon we could tempt Dyche from Burnley that or we need to get of the Fat phone to Fat Sam

S.F.Sorrow

If you think part of the solution is to "Sign 3 decent CBs, 4 decent wingers, 1 striker" I don't see how you can really blame Parker for this. You're basically saying the majority of the players available to him aren't good enough. Practically everyone knew we needed to strengthen our defence before the start of the season but TK failed.

I'm not saying Parker is perfect. He got it completely wrong yesterday with 5 at the back. But generally he has been doing a decent job for us.

The main problem is the owner's son who has failed miserably at his job AGAIN. For how many years have we needed new CBs now? TK has fired managers left and right to cover up his own mistakes but this time he's been stupid enough to extend Parker's contract for three years just before the start of the season. Sacking Parker this soon after extending his contract will only make TK look even more incompetent so I don't think that's gonna happen. He'll have to find another scapegoat this time. Maybe take a look in the mirror?

Jim©

Oh dear, the Parker "haters" have been hiding in the woodwork, waiting for a chance to come out.
If you think you can coach some of the decision making that we've seen from players this season, you're wrong. Parker's little piece after Leeds was spot on- you need people to switch on. Look at Odoi yesterday, twice he watched someone run passed him and a goal came from it. That high line for the free kick- seemed to be Hector calling it- dangerous line IMO.

Give Parker the season- there's few coaches in the world, genuinely, that could keep our current squad in this division. 10pts after 10 games was the challenge. 3 down....

Lordedmundo

Of course there is the possibility that the director of football, manager, coaching staff and players are all to blame here to some extent - rather than just the manager!

Most accountable I think is the DOF for not getting in any centre halves earlier.  All I saw on FFCTV and subsequently Twitter were excuses.  It didn't explain the obvious lull for a few days of any rumours about centre back signings.  I'm fairly sure that the recruitment team put a hold on their search for centre backs after they missed out (for the various reasons/excuses documented) on their targets and decided to go with what we had in the squad. Then (not a coincidence surely) - there was a resumption of gossip and rumours about defensive targets following the successive defensive collapses against Arsenal and Leeds.

Also - did Tony also allow Mawson to go on loan without signing a replacement first?  That alone is a sackable decision (although he won't be sacked of course). If it wasn't the DOF's decision - then whoever made that decision should be sacked!

The coaching staff (although the buck stops at the manager) have failed to get the squad organized defensively for the start of the season.   The way we 'defend' suggests that we do not practice any element of defending - whether that it is formation, positioning, set pieces or communication (the most basic!)  I've got nothing against Stuart Gray - but neither he or anyone else in the coaching team seem able to organize or drill the defence, so we urgently need to get someone in who can.

I also have to add that it was a stupid idea to go three at the back last night - for the following reasons:

-If none of the centre halves are very good, why do you put three of them in the team? Shouldn't you aim to get your 11 strongest players on the pitch rather than add another of your worst?! All that you then get is bad defending from three players rather than 2!

-It is always a mistake to change a defensive formation without sufficient time to practice it. This is something that you work on in pre-season, not a few days before your next game.

-We only have three centre halves in the squad (ok - four if you include Odoi). Why then do you play all of them - leaving absolutely no cover if they get injured?

In terms of the players, I think they are just following instructions. I've not seen any lack of effort as such. The fact that several of them are not good enough is not their fault.  However, the lack of initiative - an apparent 'fear' of the opposition is something they are at least partially responsible for.  We need more communication on the pitch, better leadership and players to be more brave.

Looking on the bright side (sort of!) - on paper our squad is better than Sheffield United's, West Brom's, Burnley's and not far off Leeds, Brighton, West Ham, Southampton and Crystal Palace.  Where we lack quality personnel is undoubtedly at centre half.  In terms of the squad in general - we do not have a leader and there is not enough pace (although hopefully Aina and Robinson may have made a slight improvement in this regard). If we can sign a couple of decent centre halves and one attacking player who is significantly better than Kebano, Cavaleiro, Knockaert, Kamara and Reid, then I think we have a good chance of staying up. However, my faith in the manager and coaching team to get the team to function at this level is decreasing by the game!

JoelH5

Sign 8 good players in a week. You lost me there buddy
I was there, standing in the Putney end

filham

Whoever is our manager is going to need two quality centre backs and two skilled pacey wide men to enable this team to compete in the premier league.
So any new manager would need to bring four new players with him, is such a person available.

Bocanegra

Wrong wrong wrong.

Even if you believe Parker is the problem, then Tony Khan is the one that gave him the job and the one that gave him a new contract.

Only TK can choose the manager so even if you believe Parker is the problem, then the blame ultimately lies with TK.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Lordedmundo on September 29, 2020, 11:14:28 AM
Of course there is the possibility that the director of football, manager, coaching staff and players are all to blame here to some extent - rather than just the manager!

Most accountable I think is the DOF for not getting in any centre halves earlier.  All I saw on FFCTV and subsequently Twitter were excuses.  It didn't explain the obvious lull for a few days of any rumours about centre back signings.  I'm fairly sure that the recruitment team put a hold on their search for centre backs after they missed out (for the various reasons/excuses documented) on their targets and decided to go with what we had in the squad. Then (not a coincidence surely) - there was a resumption of gossip and rumours about defensive targets following the successive defensive collapses against Arsenal and Leeds.

Also - did Tony also allow Mawson to go on loan without signing a replacement first?  That alone is a sackable decision (although he won't be sacked of course). If it wasn't the DOF's decision - then whoever made that decision should be sacked!

The coaching staff (although the buck stops at the manager) have failed to get the squad organized defensively for the start of the season.   The way we 'defend' suggests that we do not practice any element of defending - whether that it is formation, positioning, set pieces or communication (the most basic!)  I've got nothing against Stuart Gray - but neither he or anyone else in the coaching team seem able to organize or drill the defence, so we urgently need to get someone in who can.

I also have to add that it was a stupid idea to go three at the back last night - for the following reasons:

-If none of the centre halves are very good, why do you put three of them in the team? Shouldn't you aim to get your 11 strongest players on the pitch rather than add another of your worst?! All that you then get is bad defending from three players rather than 2!

-It is always a mistake to change a defensive formation without sufficient time to practice it. This is something that you work on in pre-season, not a few days before your next game.

-We only have three centre halves in the squad (ok - four if you include Odoi). Why then do you play all of them - leaving absolutely no cover if they get injured?

In terms of the players, I think they are just following instructions. I've not seen any lack of effort as such. The fact that several of them are not good enough is not their fault.  However, the lack of initiative - an apparent 'fear' of the opposition is something they are at least partially responsible for.  We need more communication on the pitch, better leadership and players to be more brave.

Looking on the bright side (sort of!) - on paper our squad is better than Sheffield United's, West Brom's, Burnley's and not far off Leeds, Brighton, West Ham, Southampton and Crystal Palace.  Where we lack quality personnel is undoubtedly at centre half.  In terms of the squad in general - we do not have a leader and there is not enough pace (although hopefully Aina and Robinson may have made a slight improvement in this regard). If we can sign a couple of decent centre halves and one attacking player who is significantly better than Kebano, Cavaleiro, Knockaert, Kamara and Reid, then I think we have a good chance of staying up. However, my faith in the manager and coaching team to get the team to function at this level is decreasing by the game!
100% agree
Quark, strangeness and charm

Fulham1959

"Contrary to forum belief PARKER is the problem TLDR".

What the heck is "TLDR" ?

ALG01

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 29, 2020, 09:07:10 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 29, 2020, 08:28:34 AM
Quote from: andyk on September 29, 2020, 08:17:09 AM
The Khan's choice of managers had been terrible. Every single one of them never worked at a decent club again. They were either old has-beens or novices. What TK doesn't want is a coach who has the confidence to tell him to his face that he is a spoilt little rich kid.
As for Parker he should resign. His reputation is still intact and he could take a lower division job to build a managerial career. He won't, of course. Money and pride. But he's way out of his depth and that is obvious to everyone.

Unsurprising, a "USA University" produced a study showing that "hands-off owners with very little experience managing an NFL Football Club", choose the worst managers and their teams typically underperform dramatically for the first decade or so. Interestingly, hands-on owners with very little experience performed even worse, but for a shorter period of time about half the time. Universities spent years confirming the obvious, which i believe to be true.

Shahid Khan has been hands-off for seven seasons and Tony Khan hands-on for four seasons, so both still learning. If we get new owners they will be learning again too. We are still in the premier league and have parchuate payments for three more seasons, when the benefits of having experienced owners might start to appear. It seems the Khans may follow this trend too, with the added advantage the Khan's have financial advantages over many of the other club owners, combine that with a new stand and wow we can do ok.   

You cannot equate NFL with English Football, that is as deluded as defending the profusion of errors of judgement made by the owners son in every season he has been lurking round the club posing as a D of F. He is the catalyst in all that is wrong, yet manager after manager is hired and fired without blinking an eyelid, and yet he is allowed to operate and undermine the recruitment and the progress of the club.
Anyone that appears a threat to him is off loaded, only yes men are allowed to surround him. The fact that he defended and covered up for his best mate CK for a couple years tells you all you need to know, you find out more about people when you observe the company they keep.
However, what goes round comes round.

wooly you are so right.
However I do think two wrongs do not make a right and whilst i think parker has earned the right to continue in situ my faith in him is stretched to the limit. The defence should be way better organised. we have very experienced players and much of the dpoor defending looks to me like poor coaching and tactics. I also think the formation is wrong and the obsession with Cav is a diaster. I think Knock is a way more valuable player that actually causes the opposition a deal of issues to worry about. I know his shortcomings but i would start him. I would also not leave mitro so isolated and when we do attack encourage the midfield to support the forwards. it is not just at the back we have issues. But I do 100% agree that TK is the problem, we have seen the same cycle of errors occur and not properly supporting slav was ridiculous, to sack him when he did was the worst thing. I would take slav back in a heart beat but have to guarantee him a proper squad that he selected and did not have thrust upon him.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: ALG01 on September 29, 2020, 01:03:42 PM
The Khan's choice of managers had been terrible. Every single one of them never worked at a decent club again. They were either old has-beens or novices. What TK doesn't want is a coach who has the confidence to tell him to his face that he is a spoilt little rich kid.
As for Parker he should resign. His reputation is still intact and he could take a lower division job to build a managerial career. He won't, of course. Money and pride. But he's way out of his depth and that is obvious to everyone.

Unsurprising, a "USA University" produced a study showing that "hands-off owners with very little experience managing an NFL Football Club", choose the worst managers and their teams typically underperform dramatically for the first decade or so. Interestingly, hands-on owners with very little experience performed even worse, but for a shorter period of time about half the time. Universities spent years confirming the obvious, which i believe to be true.

Shahid Khan has been hands-off for seven seasons and Tony Khan hands-on for four seasons, so both still learning. If we get new owners they will be learning again too. We are still in the premier league and have parchuate payments for three more seasons, when the benefits of having experienced owners might start to appear. It seems the Khans may follow this trend too, with the added advantage the Khan's have financial advantages over many of the other club owners, combine that with a new stand and wow we can do ok.   

You cannot equate NFL with English Football, that is as deluded as defending the profusion of errors of judgement made by the owners son in every season he has been lurking round the club posing as a D of F. He is the catalyst in all that is wrong, yet manager after manager is hired and fired without blinking an eyelid, and yet he is allowed to operate and undermine the recruitment and the progress of the club.
Anyone that appears a threat to him is off loaded, only yes men are allowed to surround him. The fact that he defended and covered up for his best mate CK for a couple years tells you all you need to know, you find out more about people when you observe the company they keep.

wooly you are so right.
However I do think two wrongs do not make a right and whilst i think parker has earned the right to continue in situ my faith in him is stretched to the limit. The defence should be way better organised. we have very experienced players and much of the dpoor defending looks to me like poor coaching and tactics. I also think the formation is wrong and the obsession with Cav is a diaster. I think Knock is a way more valuable player that actually causes the opposition a deal of issues to worry about. I know his shortcomings but i would start him. I would also not leave mitro so isolated and when we do attack encourage the midfield to support the forwards. it is not just at the back we have issues. But I do 100% agree that TK is the problem, we have seen the same cycle of errors occur and not properly supporting slav was ridiculous, to sack him when he did was the worst thing. I would take slav back in a heart beat but have to guarantee him a proper squad that he selected and did not have thrust upon him.
You can't blame tactics for Odois conference defending for the first 2 goals

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 29, 2020, 12:50:42 PM

Tim
Lemina
Decordova-
Reid

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 29, 2020, 12:50:42 PM

Usually it's "Too Long, Didnt Read"
But then that doesn't make sense.... bit like the rest of the article.
We need 8 players and it's Parkers fault??
So IF Parker had 8 players he would still fail??
Great assumption......
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

fulhamben

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 29, 2020, 01:09:43 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on September 29, 2020, 01:03:42 PM

wooly you are so right.
You can't blame tactics for Odois conference defending for the first 2 goals

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

yes you can, or do you think it was odoi who selected the formation and team line up
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Nero

Thnik that would be Parker who fell out with him.and refused to play him. What was the point in him being kept around if he wasn't goi g to get played in any circumstance

ScalleysDad

Quote from: rebel on September 29, 2020, 08:25:35 AM
Quote from: Caedal on September 29, 2020, 01:37:24 AM
I see moan moan moan about TK and recruitment, but the squad we have should be equally as adept as WBA and Leeds at attempting to compete at this level.

Consistently since he took over Parker has set us up in a manor which highlights none of the squad strengths and exacerbates the weaknesses. Last season despite being promotion favourites we predictably relied on a Mitro finish or a worldie from 25 yards as our source of goals. Defensively we were a disaster, and frankly have been since Malone and Fredricks left and stopped bailing us out constantly when defensive errors were made.

Last season the tactics we employed were turgid and boring. I personally wanted Parker sacked before last season began, and I feel he totally underperformed last year despite promotion.  As we can see from the stats from last year 3 things were obvious.

1) we are too reliant on Mitro to score
2) We are awful from set pieces either end
3) The tactics, shape and expectations of the players would not work in the Premier League,

The PL is about PACE, its about Set piece vigilance, its about trying something different against better teams to try and win games

What does Parker do? Not even bench players we have signed. Claim "defending doesnt need coaching and if a mindset issue", and puts out nonsensical teams where we concede in the first 8 mins of every half we play.

Parker is a joke.

The "stick with the team that got us promoted" brigade are a joke. 

Solutions

SACK PARKER IMMEDIATELY
Hire someone that has some grasp of tactical knowledge
Sign 3 decent CBs, 4 decent wingers, 1 striker
Sell any player that is unhappy with it.
Never play Cairney in a 2 man mf
Never play Ak at RWB
Never play Odoi, Ream, Hector AND ESPECIALLY F*CKING CARVALEIRO AGAIN 

None of this is new, elements have been there in some form over a number of seasons.

Interesting views. I went to a coaching seminar not too many years ago and one of the topics was 'What makes a defender'. Physical attributes helped as did speed of thought. The key thing though was something you could'nt "show and tell" which was a mindset that set you apart from the forwards and the midfield. I paraphrase Rio Ferdinand and Gary Mabbutt.
Actually it was probably just post Hamburg. Damn how time flies.

Twig

This is a joke post right?  Sign no fewer than 8 new players and then the new manager will be more successful than SP??? No sh1t Sherlock.