watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott looks broken already

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, September 29, 2020, 08:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

On the touch line and in interviews he looks completely depressed and shell shocked.

Looks like a death row prisoner.

This mood must be translating to the players

toshes mate

Very sadly I have to agree with you.  The Club is in danger of imploding.

JimOG

Quote from: toshes mate on September 29, 2020, 08:14:54 AM

I thought he was incredibly honest - "do we want to compete or be a passenger" was an amazing quote. I noticed on 3 occasions his eyes gestured upwards (to the Board -or divine intervention!).
But there's so many mixed messages here. SP and others said they wanted to keep the core together so as not to repeat the mistakes of 2018. Yet Mitro was the only player we had of true Prem quality - and even then lowly Newcastle shipped him out.
For the first time in my long supporting (1950s) life I really wasn't sure I wanted us to beat Brentford. We all knew we were the fourth best in a poor Championship. Taking that squad up meant another relegation.
For me now we need to be careful and plan 2021/22. We are going to get relegated but the question now is how to get in the best squad + financial shape to come up as champions with a core of Prem players & a well organised defence.

sonnyjim

If we go down this season (which looks likely at the moment) do you really expect that we will just bounce straight back again? I don't. If we go down again we're gonna have to do a lot more than loan players. Look at the ages of our players.

We will lose players next season if we go down, it's inevitable. We need to get some signings done before the window closes and do a lot more work on the training ground. I'm afraid that if we go down again we will not come back up.

PaulJ123

Is it the worst thing for Parker to go for everyone's sake?

At no point has he convinced as a manager in my opinion and this is doing his reputation no good. Think we'd be better off with Eddie Howe and Parker would be better off without Fulham.

Andy S

I cannot argue with that Sonny Jim

The Rational Fan

Quote from: JimOG on September 29, 2020, 08:26:37 AM

For the first time in my long supporting (1950s) ..... For me now we need to be careful and plan 2021/22. We are going to get relegated but the question now is how to get in the best squad + financial shape to come up as champions with a core of Prem players & a well organised defence.

Very wise to plan for next few seasons. We are rumoured to be looking at bring in Jérôme Onguéné (22yo CB), Jean-Clair Todibo (20yo CB), Juan Foyth (20yo CB) and Ademola Lookman (22yo winger).

If we bring those players in on four year contracts (with our existing contracted GK, RBs, LBs, CMs, FWs and CF), we will be very well positions to win the championship in one of the next three seasons and stay up in premier league the year after. Plus, if bed those players down quickly enough we might even have a chance to stay up this season.

Deeping_white

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 29, 2020, 08:55:01 AM
Quote from: JimOG on September 29, 2020, 08:26:37 AM

For the first time in my long supporting (1950s) ..... For me now we need to be careful and plan 2021/22. We are going to get relegated but the question now is how to get in the best squad + financial shape to come up as champions with a core of Prem players & a well organised defence.

Very wise to plan for next few seasons. We are rumoured to be looking at bring in Jérôme Onguéné (22yo CB), Jean-Clair Todibo (20yo CB), Juan Foyth (20yo CB) and Ademola Lookman (22yo winger).

If we bring those players in on four year contracts (with our existing contracted GK, RBs, LBs, CMs, FWs and CF), we will be very well positions to win the championship in one of the next three seasons and stay up in premier league the year after. Plus, if bed those players down quickly enough we might even have a chance to stay up this season.

If we somehow sign Todibo, there is no way in this planet he would be here next season if we got relegated, the same with Lookman and probably someone of Foyth's calibre too. They are players who only want to play in the top divisions, hence why it's taking so long to get them to either join on loan or consider us at all

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sonnyjim on September 29, 2020, 08:33:34 AM
If we go down this season (which looks likely at the moment) do you really expect that we will just bounce straight back again? I don't. If we go down again we're gonna have to do a lot more than loan players. Look at the ages of our players.

We will lose players next season if we go down, it's inevitable. We need to get some signings done before the window closes and do a lot more work on the training ground. I'm afraid that if we go down again we will not come back up.

Yes, I do think we can bounce back up if we have:
GK: Rodak, Betts and Wickham
FB: Tete, Bryan, Christie, Robinson and S.Sess
CB: Jérôme Onguéné, Jean-Clair Todibo, Juan Foyth, Michael Hector and Alfie Mawson.
CM: Harrison Reed, Tom Cairney, Jean Michael Seri, Josh Onamah, Bobby Reid and Stefjo.
FW: Ademola Lookman, Kamara, Mitro, Cav, Knockaert, Kebano, Jasper and Stansfield.

And with a couple of additions like Anguissa, we can stay up in the premier league too. 

Woolly Mammoth

I fear our chances of a top 6 place are looking slim and are evaporating as each game passes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC In Oz

I was messaging a mate of mine whilst watching the Villa game.

After the 2nd goal went in I messaged him:

"When we get relegated we are in serious trouble.  Our only players of any distinction will go, the loans will end and we will be forced to blood all the youths before they are ready.  Back to back relegations looks likely"

His response?

"Back to back relegations looks almost certain"

FFC1987

I don't mean to sound rude or anything here but if your the manager of a team that played like that for you, how should he come across? Angry maybe? But then he's got to pick them up for a big game Thursday against Brentford followed by an even tougher fixture against Wolves so I doubt, after TK's tweets, he could do a lot right here.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 29, 2020, 01:13:17 PM
I don't mean to sound rude or anything here but if your the manager of a team that played like that for you, how should he come across? Angry maybe? But then he's got to pick them up for a big game Thursday against Brentford followed by an even tougher fixture against Wolves so I doubt, after TK's tweets, he could do a lot right here.

I wasn't criticising Scott - just an observation on how he looks. It pains me to see him and the team having to go through all this

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 29, 2020, 01:10:52 PM

"When we get relegated we are in serious trouble.  Our only players of any distinction will go, the loans will end and we will be forced to blood all the youths before they are ready.  Back to back relegations looks likely"

His response?

Silliness.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 29, 2020, 03:23:25 PM

His response?

Silliness.

Why silliness ? If we go down in spectacular fashion it may take us years to get over it . We can't just expect to bounce back immediately every time we are relegated

JoelH5

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 29, 2020, 03:23:25 PM

His response?

Silliness.
I agree that is silly. 3 games into the season you cant say relegation from the Championship next year is likely lol. Since it happened to Sunderland, people seem to have some perverse romance with it.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

hovewhite

It will happen relegation if we don't pick up .