watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-The morning after blues.

Started by bog, September 29, 2020, 08:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

It could be worse, we could be loyal followers of Bury or Macclesfield but fortunately we aint. However I and many others could see this shambles coming. When we last got so gloriously relegated we had conceded the most goals of all the sides in the top divisions throughout Europe. When we kicked off this season we had three of the same back 4.  Our transfer policy is seriously flawed, no it's useless but on we bumble. I dread the remaining 35 league fixtures.   Now Kahn shouts from the Cottage roof top we will be getting new players...will we? When is that? Oh is that the sound of horses  hooves?

Where was Harrison Read last night? Was he injured?

Thank you and good night 

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Those horses hooves you heard was either the horse bolting before they could close the stable door, or Khan Junior banging two coconut shells together.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 29, 2020, 09:43:50 AM
Those horses hooves you heard was either the horse bolting before they could close the stable door, or Khan Junior banging two coconut shells together.

Shades of The Life of Brian Woolly?

filham

My mind this morning is on TK's confession that four new  centre backs have slipped through his fingers.
Oh dear , with that knowledge any player worth their salt is now going to want to know why and think twice before joining us.

Can you imagine us having four such failures in the days of MAF and ROY.

OldBrownShoe

094.gif  we always seem to put our urgent playing needs to the bottom of any list. Not so much a list but more of an unlucky dip. Who was it who promised whatever is needed will be got?  051
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

bog

When I think back to the central defence partnership of Hangaland and Hughes how I drool........ :Haynes The Maestro:

When I think of how well Roy organised us how I dream....  :Haynes The Maestro:

092.gif

grandad

Where were our wonder signings, Robinson, Aina, Lemina & Reed.
Where there's a will there's a wife

alfie

Quote from: grandad on September 29, 2020, 10:40:00 AM
Robinson was on the bench, one assumes there must have been an issue with other 2.
Although that is purely an assumption.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bog

Baszab

Abbotsbury White

Greater minds than myself are baffled by this but to Quote a quite clever bloke-
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein. ...
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Abbotsbury White on September 29, 2020, 11:09:26 AM
Greater minds than myself are baffled by this but to Quote a quite clever bloke-
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein. ...

What same things are we doing over and over again?

filham

After last night they are talking to their agents to see if it is possible to join the four centre backs that have not joined us and find another club before the window closes.

Jim©

Quote from: filham on September 29, 2020, 10:09:47 AM
My mind this morning is on TK's confession that four new  centre backs have slipped through his fingers.
Oh dear , with that knowledge any player worth their salt is now going to want to know why and think twice before joining us.

Can you imagine us having four such failures in the days of MAF and ROY.

Easily- it happens all the time- it's just there's a DOF that's a little too happy to pronounce it on social media.
Reyna, Carew good examples.
Loads of failures from that period too: Giles Barnes, Julian Gray, Leijer, Kuqi, Litmanaen etc etc

Abbotsbury White

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 29, 2020, 11:18:10 AM
Quote from: Abbotsbury White on September 29, 2020, 11:09:26 AM

What same things are we doing over and over again
[Having almost identical defence as we had last time in the prem that conceded 80+ goals? us moaning about the lack of CB's? ]
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

filham

Quote from: bog on September 29, 2020, 10:31:39 AM
When I think back to the central defence partnership of Hangaland and Hughes how I drool........ :Haynes The Maestro:

When I think of how well Roy organised us how I dream....  :Haynes The Maestro:

092.gif
Yes and the big point was ,I think, that Roy was responsible for Hangeland coming to us, he was not the result of a lot of numbers that had be crunched.

Tabby

Parker confirmed that Lemina and Reed were both injured today.

hovewhite