watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (30/11/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 30, 2010, 07:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/peterborough-boss-johnson-meets-boyhood-club-fa-cup-1287031?

Peterborough boss Johnson meets boyhood club in FA Cup

Peterborough boss Gary Johnson got the FA Cup third-round draw he wished for having been paired with Fulham - the club he supported as a boy.

Johnson was born in the south-west area of London and grew up living opposite Craven Cottage, and he will now return there with his Posh side over the weekend of January 8/9.

He told United's official website: "Personally, this is a great draw for me. I was born in Fulham and the ground was literally across the road from me so I supported the club and I'm looking forward to taking Peterborough United there in the new year.

"It is obviously pleasing to get a Premier League club after negotiating two tricky first and second-round ties. I'm sure we'll take a large following of supporters, it is not too far to travel and the stadium can create a very good atmosphere.

"Obviously we have a lot of league games between now and then to concentrate on, but it is a tie we can certainly look forward to."

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/pantsil-delighted-fulham-first-team-return-1288141?

Pantsil delighted with Fulham first team return

John Pantsil was happy with his return to the Fulham line-up in their draw with Birmingham City.

Pantsil last appeared at Craven Cottage in the 2-1 defeat of Wolverhampton Wanderers in early September.

He told fulhamfc.com: "The fans' reaction meant a lot to me and they gave me the confidence and motivation to do well. It was a special moment for me, because it had been a while since I had played.

"It has been difficult, that I cannot deny. I'm no different to any other professional, you always want to be playing in games and helping your team out on the pitch. But I'm not the type of player to ever complain about the situation – I just get my head down and make sure that I am ready when needed.

"Whoever has played in front of me, has always had my support. This is a team game, and of course, there is always going to be competition for places. That shows that we have a strong squad, but I will keep working hard and hopefully my chance will come again."

WhiteJC

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Stephen-Ireland-to-hold-crunch-talks-over-Aston-Villa-future-article640585.html

Ireland to hold crunch talks over Villa future

Stephen Ireland is ready for crunch talks this week to sort out his future at Aston Villa.

Midfielder Ireland, 24, has struggled to make an impact at Villa since joining as a makeweight in James Milner's £26million summer switch to Manchester City.

Despite Villa's injury crisis, Ireland has started just three games in the Premier League under new boss Gerard Houllier, who also blasted him in public.

Now Ireland and his representative are meeting club officials to determine whether he stays or goes on the transfer list in January.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Stephen-Ireland-to-hold-crunch-talks-over-Aston-Villa-future-article640585.html#ixzz16kb3jmoy

WhiteJC

http://www.footylatest.com/tottenham-midfielder-wanted-by-turkish-giants/18317

Tottenham midfielder wanted by Turkish giants

Reports are surfacing that Turkish outfit Galatasary are very interested in signing Tottenham Hotspur outcast David Bentley this January.

Bentley has not managed to become a first team regular at Tottenham and is one of the players thought to be expendable by manager Harry Redknapp, a fact that has seen quite a few clubs linked with the 26 year old.

Tottenham are not necessarily in a position that they must sell to buy but it is unlikely that any more players will be brought in without at least one or two of the fringe players being sold and Bentley definitely can be classed as a fringe player.

Galatasary have a long history of signing Premiership players and at the moment they have Elano, Harry Kewell and Milan Baros on their books, all former Premiership stars and therefore it is no surprise at all to see them linked with Bentley.

Whether Bentley would want a move abroad is another thing, especially with the likes of Everton, Aston Villa and others apparently interested in his services.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/SunderlandHome.aspx

Fulham v Sunderland tickets

On-sale dates

Season Ticket Holders on sale (unlimited tickets)
Fulham Club Members on sale (unlimited tickets)
Supporters with Purchase History on sale (unlimited tickets) available only from the Ticket Office or by phone.
General Sale on sale (4 tickets)
Loyalty points: 3 (more info)

Buy tickets

Special discounts for Members

Members get a special discount of £5 off their ticket for this match. The discount is available in any area of the stadium (one discounted ticket per Member). Join Fulham Members' Club now to take advantage of this discount and other exclusive offers throughout the season. †

Family Package 

Purchase your own Family Package for this fixture. A Family Package includes two adult tickets and two junior tickets and costs just £70 (normally worth £100).

To book a Family Package please call 0843 208 1234 (select option 3) and quote 'FAMILY PACK'. Additional junior tickets can be purchased for just £15 for the fixture.

Please note these Family Packs can only be bought in certain areas of the stadium and are subject to availability. These areas are: Johnny Haynes Stand (Blocks A, AL) and the Putney (neutral area only) & Hammersmith Stands. †

Group Tickets

Fans can also watch this fixture for as little as £28 when buying group tickets. So, why not get some friends, family or colleagues together for the game and introduce a few new fans to Fulham?

A 20% discount will be offered on bookings of 10 or more tickets. These discounts apply to full view adult tickets in the Putney End only and are subject to availability.

These tickets can only be bought over the phone and you must quote 'GROUP DISCOUNTS' when booking. Call 0843 208 1234 (option 3) (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) to book now or make a  booking request online. †

My First Matchday Package

My First Matchday offers Junior supporters and an accompanying adult the opportunity to see what really goes on behind the scenes at Craven Cottage in the build-up to matchday. Pretend you're a radio commentator in the press box, run down the tunnel, pretend you're directing the players from the Manager's seat in the dugout, interview a guardian in front of the TV interview boards, see our trophy cabinet and even meet a Fulham FC legend! More info and prices †

How to Buy Tickets

buy tickets online  - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day. Save on booking fees by booking online*
by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1) - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day
in person from the Ticket Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-match day Sat 10am-12pm
by fax 020 7384 4810 (download printable form )
by postal application to FFC Ticket Office, Stevenage Road, Fulham, SW6 6HH enclosing a stamped addressed envelope (download printable form )
Seatwave - the official fan-to-fan ticket exchange
* Lower booking fees compared to telephone booking

† Special offers and packages only available on advance bookings and not on the day of the match. Offers expire 7 days prior to the fixture.

Prices

Category B prices apply to this match.

NB: Blocks A and AL are a designated Family Area and are not available to  book online. To book, call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 opt 3 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm).

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/SunderlandHome.aspx#ixzz16l4MoVeV

WhiteJC

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk:80/sport/football/peterborough-united/posh_told_to_stay_focussed_1_1713353?

Posh told to stay focussed

Peterborough United have been warned to keep their eye on the ball and not be distracted by their FA Cup third round trip to Premier League Fulham in January

Central defender Gaby Zakuani, a former Fulham player, wants Posh to be back in the League One play-off positions by the time they travel to Craven Cottage on the weekend of January 8/9

And the fixture list would suggest that Posh have a great chance of achieving that goal if they can end their run of poor results against lowly teams.

Four of the club's next seven League One matches are against teams currently in the bottom five, starting with a trip to next-to-bottom Yeovil on Saturday.

Posh are currently 10th, but just three points off the top six.

Zakuani said: "We must concentrate on the league matches and forget Fulham for a while. We must make sure we are in the top six by the time we go there.

"The league is the important thing for us and we need to get the promotion bid back on track. We want to be winning games before we go to Fulham anyway because we need to go there with plenty of confidence.

"We have some big games coming up and we should be looking to win most of them. We haven't done well in some games against teams at the bottom so we need to put that right.

"I think we can. We looked more like our old selves at Bury on Saturday and hopefully we can take that into this weekend."

Zakuani has endured an inconsistent first half of the season, but his central defensive partnership with Kelvin Langmead was rock solid against a decent Bury side.

Star striker Craig Mackail-Smith has also pinpointed the next three games as ones Posh need to win to get back into contention for promotion.

After Yeovil, Posh host 15th-placed Rochdale and then travel to his old club Dagenham & Redbridge, who are 22nd.

Mackail-Smith said: "We need to get going again in the league and our next three games against Yeovil, Rochdale and Dagenham give us that opportunity.

"We have had a bad run, but we played some good stuff at Bury and the lads defended superbly when we were under pressure after in the second-half so maybe we've turned a corner."

nPOSH will now travel to Bristol Rovers for a League One fixture on Friday, March 25 (7.45pm kick-off). The match has been brought forward by a day on the advice of police to avoid a clash with England's European Championship qualifier in Wales.

CENTRE-BACK Lewin Nyatanga has returned to Championship side Bristol City after a month on loan at London Road.

PRE-FULHAM FIXTURES:

Dec 4 v Yeovil (a)

Dec 10 v Rochdale (h)

Dec 18 v Dagenham & R (a)

Dec 26 v Colchester (h)

Dec 28 v Swindon (a)

Jan 1 v Sheffield Wed (a)

Jan 3 v Walsall (h)

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/November/HughesonPantsil.aspx?

Praise for JP

John Pantsil made his return to First Team action in last Saturday's draw with Birmingham City at the Cottage. The Fulham favourite received a rapturous welcome from the fans as he replaced Carlos Salcido in the first-half.

Pantsil proceeded to produce an accomplished display, resolute in defence and joining with the attack at opportune moments.

His performance certainly didn't escape the attention of Mark Hughes, who praised the Ghana international following the game.

"John's been great, he's had to wait his time," Hughes explained. "I thought he did really well in fairness; he's made a real case to play next week as well. That's what you need to do, bide your time and when you get an opportunity, you've got to take it.

"I would expect him to be frustrated because he wants to play - every player at every Premier League club wants to play.

"But you can't always get into the side, and that's what happened to John. He had a little loss of form at the start of the season and lost his place but now he's got an opportunity to stay in the team."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/November/HughesonPantsil.aspx?#ixzz16lnjvTan

WhiteJC

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/11/30/2238607/cesena-left-back-yuto-nagamoto-interesting-premier-league?

Cesena left-back Yuto Nagamoto interesting Premier League sides Manchester United, Everton and Fulham - report

Japanese international Yuto Nagamoto is being tracked by numerous teams, including Premier League trio Manchester United, Everton and Fulham, according to Sport Nippon.

The speedy left-back, who shone for Japan at the World Cup in the summer, moved to Cesena after the tournament on loan from FC Tokyo, and could be on the move again if a big money bid comes in.

Cesena director Minotti said: "Almost all of the Italian big clubs and several Premier League clubs send their scouts every game for Nagatomo."

Birmingham had declared their interest in the defender in the summer, but lost out to Cesena for his signature.

White Noise

Cesc Fabregas concerns, dodgy keepers and defensive worries... but Arsene Wenger insists Arsenal won't buy in January

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 1:13 PM on 30th November 2010

Arsene Wenger insists he will keep faith in his Gunners and resist the temptation to buy when the January transfer window opens.

The Arsenal manager tends to do little business in the winter, but brought in Sol Campbell last season to plug a gap and splashed out on Andrey Arshavin in February 2009 in search of a change of fortunes.

Wenger is not without his headaches again this season and has been mulling improvements to his defence and goalkeeping options, but the Frenchman insists he trusts what he already has.

'My policy is to stick to the squad I have, we will not be on the market,' said Wenger. 'I want to keep my squad and I want to continue with these players. We will not be on the market unless we lose some.'

A 4-2 win at Aston Villa on Saturday quashed talk of a crisis and leaves the Gunners just two points behind Premier League leaders Manchester United.

Wenger tried and failed to sign Australian No 1 Mark Schwarzer from Fulham in the summer and has also been tipped to move for Bolton's Gary Cahill, while also admitting captain Cesc Fabregas may need to be used sparingly over the next two months.

The midfield headached should be aided by Aaron Ramsey's return to fitness. The Wales international was surprisingly sent out on loan to Nottingham Forest last week after playing his first 45 minutes for the reserves in nine months.

The 19-year-old played half an hour of Forest's 1-0 npower Championship defeat by Leicester on Monday night and Wenger is tipping him to return to north London stronger in January.

'He is fit but not competitively match-fit,' said Wenger. 'I left him the choice to go where he wanted. There are seven games before January when he comes back and I thought that is the best way.

'I decided to give him a run in the Championship and if he manages to play four or five out of the seven he will be fit to play for us.

'We were a bit pushed by the deadline. To do it before Christmas we had to do it last week so I rushed a bit my decision but it was the only opportunity.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1334382/Arsene-Wenger-Arsenal-wont-buy-January-despite-Cesc-Fabregas-fears.html#ixzz16ly7rykW

White Noise

Volzy Exclusive

Tuesday 30th November 2010

Ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League encounter against Arsenal at the Emirates (KO 3pm), fulhamfc.com caught up with former Fulham favourite, Moritz Volz.

Volzy teamed up with Bundesliga side St. Pauli in the summer of 2010 after 11 years in England with Arsenal and Fulham.

Moritz, how's it going back in Germany with St. Pauli? It's been a few months since we saw you supporting Fulham in the Europa League Final from the stands in the Hamburg Arena.

It's been a good start [at St. Pauli] but it could have been better for me personally because I haven't played an awful lot yet. For us as a team we had a decent start but now we're on a difficult run. We haven't had a win in five games so we got dragged down the table a little bit.

On the private side it was quite difficult to find a place to live [in Hamburg]. We were house-hunting quite intensely for about three months. We only got to move into a place in October and we're much more settled now we're in our own flat.

I've got used to the way we work over here and we've got three more games before the winter break. The way you work is different in terms of how the training sessions are structured. We have a lot of double days here and there are other differences, like having big signing sessions or not having lunch at the club. Things like that you get used to after a few weeks and adjust your own schedule to the little things that change. They're not major.

You spent 11 years in England with Arsenal and Fulham and clearly loved your time in London. Do you miss it?

Of course I miss it but it's not like I'm awfully homesick. I've got a lot of friends there and I stayed there a long time and I felt at home [in London]. I still read up on the English news and check on things going on in the Premier League and in English football in general.

My thoughts are there a lot but I'm settled here in Hamburg now and getting to grips with German football. That's not to say I don't miss English football and living in London.

I was quite hesitant to move from North London to the South West when I first moved to Fulham. I did the one and a half hour journey back and forth for well over a year because I was settled up in North London from my time at Arsenal.

When I did move to Fulham, and not just the surrounding area of the training ground, but in the Borough itself, it didn't take me long to get settled and appreciate all the great things about the area. It's a very nice place with lots of nice parks, restaurants and bars with a friendly atmosphere. It was always really enjoyable to live there.

I keep in touch with friends and occasionally drop a text to some of the lads and staff. I haven't been able to make it back to London on a regular basis because we don't have a lot of spare time here. When I have made it back I haven't had enough time to go down to Motpsur Park and see everyone which I would obviously like to do.

I'm looking forward to the Christmas break. We've got three important games before that which we're really eager to turn our form around. I'm going to spend my Christmas in London. I've still got a place in Fulham and I'm looking forward to spending some time there and seeing some friends.

I'm intending to watch the Boxing Day fixture against West Ham at the Cottage and that'll be a chance to get in touch with some of the people I've worked with over the years.

Having played at the Club for quite a few years were you surprised by the Club's success in Europe last season?

I was surprised but I think everyone was. Everyone was hoping to have a decent run and play against one of Europe's top teams and do well. I was even more surprised that not only did they do well in the European competition but they managed to keep their Premier League form up as well.

Considering the club hadn't been in a European competition for many years before that, and weren't used to it, made it a tremendous achievement. I think everyone involved deserves a lot of credit for that and obviously it was a very special year for everyone involved with Fulham Football Club.

I also think it served the club very well in terms of their perception in the UK. A lot of people were cheering on Fulham even though they supported other teams. In the later stages they were definitely the underdogs in the competition.

For me it was a different year altogether, not being attached to a club, being injured and not being able to play. Working everyday towards making a comeback in my career which obviously at 26 is way too early to be in a situation like that. With the way things worked out, with my contract running out and getting injured, it was a very strange and worrying time.

At least I was able to stay in touch with the game by doing different things in the media. I went back to see Fulham at times and even managed to make some of the away trips, like the Semi-Final and Final in Hamburg.

Fulham make the short trip to the Emirates on Saturday. Do you believe Saturday's opponents are genuine title contenders?

I think they are genuine title contenders in terms of the quality they have in the squad. Even though they've had some slip ups they're only two points of the top. In the beginning it seemed that Chelsea was running away with it but they've had a bad run of form. In general I think Arsenal are always title contenders. In the long run they're in it, but to win it they can't afford to give away games like they did against Spurs too often.

Their problem last season was they did really well against the teams outside the top four. This season the crucial thing is to maintain that record and improve against the top four. If they can do that they'll be title contenders.

They are my number one team in terms of the side I want to win the Premier League. I'm cheering them on to win the League title and I want Fulham to do well and get into Europe again.

I'm always interested when Fulham play Arsenal and they were always my favourite games when I was playing for Fulham. We've played some very good games against Arsenal in the past. Both teams will be really looking to get a result on Saturday.

Arsenal will be favourites and it will be tough but Fulham will have seen in the last games that Arsenal have played some areas they will want to exploit. The Premier League is a very competitive League with very good teams in it.

The Fulham squad is good enough and I think that after the Christmas period Fulham will be in a better situation. I believe the players are good enough to climb up the table. Fulham have a proven and capable management team.

Now, we spoke to your former teammate Franck Queudrue last week ahead of game against Birmingham City and he successfully predicted a 1-1 draw at the Cottage. So, a prediction from a former Arsenal and Fulham man please Moritz!

I think it will be 2-1 to Arsenal. Let me know the score!

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/November/VolzArsenalPreview.aspx#ixzz16m2gsRy5

os5889

Fulham FC fans top behaviour charts
Nov 30 2010 By Greg Burns

FULHAM FC issued the lowest number of banning orders in the Premier League in the past 12 months.

The Craven Cottage club only banned six fans compared to the 75 Chelsea FC fans banned from Stamford Bridge between November 11, 2009 and November 19 this year.

Figures released by the Home Office this week also showed that Championship side QPR banned 19 fans from Loftus Road, only beaten by Reading (5), Watford (5), Ipswich (15) and Preston (14).

Fulham FC fans were also bottom of the football arrests chart with just seven fans arrested during the same period compared to 127 at Chelsea FC and 41 at QPR.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-and-hammersmith-news/local-fulham-and-hammersmith-news/2010/11/30/fulham-fc-fans-top-behaviour-charts-82029-27741256/#ixzz16mVcXiSe