watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I hate to say it

Started by charliejones141, September 29, 2020, 09:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliejones141

It's time to sell Tom Cairney. Too slow, too languid and not sharp enough to be effective at this level.

FFC In Oz

We won't get anything for him anyway.

Better to be kept here as a back up

fulhamben

We only have a few months left at this level though, so will be needed for next season, we'll possibly needed, the new manager might not fancy him either
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

TC's Sporran

i must have been watching a different game last night, his passing was sharp fast and usually forward. maybe gave the ball away once or twice? the problem is players not making runs off the ball for him to pass to.

now if you would have mentioned his defensive frailties.....

rebel

Quote from: TC's Sporran on September 29, 2020, 04:08:17 PM
i must have been watching a different game last night, his passing was sharp fast and usually forward. maybe gave the ball away once or twice? the problem is players not making runs off the ball for him to pass to.

Yes agree, he was much better, he's a confidence player, he needs everything around him to be a 100%. When he's enjoying his football, he normally has a smile on his face. At the moment the guys around him aren't on the same page, get that sorted he'll be awesome.

Arthur

I was watching the same game as you, Sporran.

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on September 29, 2020, 04:16:49 PM

I was watching the same game as you, Sporran.
yes I'd like to see him in our favoured formation, that abortion of a system helped no one. But I still believe he needs to play as the am as I'm not keen on his defence duties
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

St Eve

Unfortunately he is not good enough as a player or as a captain

Craven Mad

I thought he did alright yesterday - picked out some decent passes and shepherded the ball well. He's always more of a threat higher up the pitch.

_Putney_

was much better yesterday than he has been in the other matches

Andy S

For inspiration Tom is weak but if you know his weakness then you can compensate for them. Last night he wasn't great but no worse than anyone else

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Agreed. Too one footed too. He's on a fair amount per week, so getting him off the wage bill would help.

Plodder

He made some intelligent and threatening passes which no one else on our team would be likely to spot and perform.  On the other hand, he does not have enough pace to defend at Premier League level. As has always been the case with Tom, it's a matter of opinion whether his effectiveness as a creative force in attack either outweighs or does not compensate for his comparative weakness when we are defending.  If forced to make an answer, I think his value in as an attacking player outweighs his defensive shortcomings.

South Coast White

Dont get rid of him, just get rid of his arm band. Never has had leadership qualities IMO.

filham

There are a good few other areas where improvements are needed ahead of Cairney, we will be lucky to get those sorted before the window closes.

Luka

Think he had a good first half yesterday.  Unfortunately he doesn't seem able to string two good half's together any more.

Bryanthebroom

Play him as a 10 or don't play him at all.