watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott's comments ahead of Brentford

Started by Bryanthebroom, September 29, 2020, 01:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryanthebroom

Scott Parker is talking to the press ahead of Brentford. On Tony Khan's tweets: "It's not something I agree with it, it's not something that is helpful. The one thing I'm disappointed with is that he apologised for the performance. The other bits, it is what it is."

Denzil Dexter

Gotta say that as an attempt to keep the players together. TK is a fool.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

FFC In Oz

The apologising for the performance was the one part about TK's tweet that didn't really bother me.

It was a crap performance.

Doesn't matter whether it's the DoF, the manager, the head coach, the boot studder or the chef - but someone had to apologise for that.  It was shambolic

fulhamben

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 29, 2020, 01:17:02 PM

Did the players look together To you before those tweets then ?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rusty shackleford

He is disappointed that he apologised for that shambolic performance?

Should never have kneejerk gave him a 3 year contract without seeing how he got on in the Prem.

fulhamben

Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 29, 2020, 01:21:26 PM
He is disappointed that he apologised for that shambolic performance?

Should never have kneejerk gave him a 3 year contract without seeing how he got on in the Prem.
yep, crazy decision.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Arthur

I agree with Scott. The players came up short in quality, but not effort. No apology is necessary for that, in my view - unless, of course, Tony was taking responsibility for the lack of quality - and, hence, the performance - and the apology was a reflection on himself.

ALG01

The problem with TK's tweet, apart from its content were is he shouldn't have said it.
It means Parker has to either accept a slap in the face in public or will need to respond in public.
Either way it does not show a united front.
parker's comments re the transfers have spooken volumes, he is more diplomatic than Slav but clearly things are not at all what they should be....again!

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: fulhamben on September 29, 2020, 01:20:56 PM
Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 29, 2020, 01:17:02 PM

Did the players look together To you before those tweets then ?
No but he's just saying standard manager press conference bs

FulhamStu

Frankly, Parker should apologise for the defending.  He coaches them and got it wrong.  Obviously the players are sub standard but they should be able to mark up, track runners and head the ball.  Park players can do this, we looked a shambles defensively and very poorly coached.  Parker knew this would be the reaction and that is why he was and is being defensive in his response.  He got rightly praised to the hilt after Wembley, he should expect to get this sort of feedback after those last 3 defensive performances, last night was inexcusable.

Mickeyboro

Of course Parker is Tony's yes man.

If he weren't he'd be starting his managerial career at Stevenage.

Twig

Quote from: Mickeyboro on September 29, 2020, 01:44:10 PM
Of course Parker is Tony's yes man.

If he weren't he'd be starting his managerial career at Stevenage.

Well for a yes man he has just made clear he fundamentally disagrees with his boss' tweet strategy.  Not bad for a yes man.

Statto

Here's the article - "Scott Parker hits back at Fulham chief Tony Khan"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8785335/Scott-Parker-hits-Fulham-chief-Tony-Khan.html

This isn't Parker being a "yes man" or "standard manager press conference bs". This is him hitting out at TK.

But it's the same with everyone who works with TK, isn't it.

john dempsey

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 29, 2020, 01:35:40 PM
Frankly, Parker should apologise for the defending.  He coaches them and got it wrong.  Obviously the players are sub standard but they should be able to mark up, track runners and head the ball.  Park players can do this, we looked a shambles defensively and very poorly coached.  Parker knew this would be the reaction and that is why he was and is being defensive in his response.  He got rightly praised to the hilt after Wembley, he should expect to get this sort of feedback after those last 3 defensive performances, last night was inexcusable.
perfect summary.

Craven Mad

I don't think the performance warranted an apology: we controlled large swathes of the match, but were let down by a lack of quality.

TK is in control of the quality of our team. The buck stops with him.

As for his tweet, it'll only make life harder a) for Scott to motivate the players AND b) for TK to attract players to join this car crash...

Woolly Mammoth

There is a lot of Managers that won't work with TK, hence the reason why the queue for interviews after one of the last replacements was the shortest in the clubs history, bad news travels fast. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: ALG01 on September 29, 2020, 01:25:24 PM
The problem with TK's tweet, apart from its content were is he shouldn't have said it.
It means Parker has to either accept a slap in the face in public or will need to respond in public.
Either way it does not show a united front.
parker's comments re the transfers have spooken volumes, he is more diplomatic than Slav but clearly things are not at all what they should be....again!

TK should not have said anything. It is bad enough that the club are struggling and have a young manager trying to find his footing. To have the Director fueling the discontent from his screen a thousand miles away smacks of amateur hour.

He needs to take a lesson from the chairman and be more measured in his public interactions. We are supporters and fans and are allowed to act impetuously and knee jerk. There is very little benefit on the field to an approach like this from the club administration.

ALG01

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 29, 2020, 01:35:40 PM

I think we all can see that the defending is poor and should be much better. Parker must be responsible for not having drilled them well emnough or instilled whatever it is one instils. We have many experienced defenders they should know what needs to be done without telling.
BUT
it is my op0inion whatever I think of Parker or TK i was genuinely shocked that TK would come out in public and undermine the manager like that. Any third rate management trainee knows you show a united face to the outside worlld and you do not have a go at the manager in front of his charges, i.e. the players.

I think parker should have doine much better this season and is stiking to a style that is suicidal with the players we have. I also feel he has been shot in the foot as we have not brought in the correct replacements as usual. ranieri, slav Kit all complained, and we see the patern repeat. but that is not the issue, TK has undermined the manager and that is awful. To try and deflect from that is not doing us any servoce.

filham

Essential that TK and Parker get their act together and before we sign our next multi million pound player.