watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker thinks we played well last night and controlled the performance

Started by RAY Rock ????, September 29, 2020, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY Rock ????

Sorry about using a quote from John Mcenroe you can not be serious.  He trains the players and picks the team and he should take the  flack for the performance last night. How he thought it would be a good idea to not play with any defensive midfielder is madness and to not have one on the bench is madness.  Playing Cairney , Anguissa and Reid in midfield against a five man midfield was a recipe for disaster.  Playing odoi and ream at centre back is a disaster.  I have no clue what they do on the training ground other than pita patter passing. Players need to front up and take responsibility on the pitch and that starts with the captain.  Villa could and should have scored 6 goals .
I was prepared to give parker a chance even though I wanted him gone during last season but he got us up so I thought he deserves a chance. Now we are stuck giving him a 3 year deal was crazy business.  Also he said before the villa game we had a full squad to pick from and he choose that team.  He also said he wanted to keep the squad together but is now screaming for  new players throwing the others under the bus. We are the laughing stock of English football after 3 games. I have never had so many texts and messages from friends and family taking the P.
I still wouldn't swap Beating Brentford at Wembley  though .

RoyTund

Part of this is him trying to protect the players from the outside criticism including from TK.

john dempsey

hovewhite

He's right possession wise we had more possession,that's all but clueless using it.

rebel

If a manager keeps telling the players they did well, the players keep believing what the manager is saying, is there really a need for the players to 'improve', because their performance isn't being stripped down to the 'bare bones', it was 'shambolic' at best. It's mixed messaging.

Dougie

Quote from: RoyTund on September 29, 2020, 03:40:09 PM
Part of this is him trying to protect the players from the outside criticism including from TK.

Definitely this. Players are down because they're trying but it's not anywhere near good enough and sticking a boot in at that point doesn't help much.

toshes mate

Parker's temper was raised by TK's inappropriate 'apology' for the performance.  TK is not a supporter or observer; he is in charge of the whole outfit in the absence of his father and if he has any issues about last night he needs to raise them in private with Parker first so that a joint and agreed decision can be made on the way forward.  TK is aware of what Parker spoke about at Wembley and how he turned around club morale after the Khans went into self destruct with Ranieri.  It is a mark of TK's inability to be professional that he opens his mouth without thinking of the responsibility he has for everything that happens at Motspur Park and Craven Cottage even when he is thousands of miles away.   Mistakes have been made in all three games that have cost us goals and everyone on the pitch has contributed to that as a team.  That team also includes TK and SK who are responsible for making sure FFC is run professionally and not like a bunch of kids with nothing better to do.

Bill2

To say we played badly is a tad unfair, at times we tore through Villa as we did Arsenal and Leeds but when you gift the opposition with the goals we have ben conceding it makes the whole thing nye on impossible. Stupid defensive errors cost us every game so far this season, although I have to say some of out attacking players are not cutting it at the moment.

Nero

Perhaps after the 3 league performance we put in this season TK felt the need to apologise as the manager is under the impression we are playing well. Might get his head around the fact we arent

KilianG

5 shots on target and 3 goals,  he can sat whatever he wants but it's pretty obvious there are issues in the defensive line, we will see how the keeper works if there is any update on the defense but to be honest, he is not the top keeper people thinks he is, I'm not saying he's bad but he only played 2 cup matches for Real Madrid for a reason

AnOldBrownie

He almost always says this.

Dominate possession is what we do.   Sometimes it works...but it's a dead stat imo.

Dominated vs. Hull ....lost 3-0

Dominated vs. Barnsley.... lost 3-0

Dominated vs. Leads ... lost 3-0

Dominated vs Reading...lost 2-1

It's ok to say we control the game by passing the ball around a lot in our own half, only attempting to send crosses into the box and hoping Mitro gets his head on it in one v one matchups...but we don't have any real end product.  We didn't in the Championship, and we don't now.

Possession for possessions sake doesn't relieve pressure, and it doesn't set up attacks.

This isn't me saying I want Scott Parker out...because I don't...but just as people are calling for Tony Khan to relinquish his role as DoF, and just as people are crying out for new signings... our attack has been just as dire (against teams that know how to defend) as our defense since we were relegated last.    Anyone remember last pre-season?  Goals were hard to come by then, and it (mostly) didn't get better as the year went on.    Sure, more times than naught we could scrap wins over mid- to lower mid table teams in the championship... but were we consistently knocking in goals outside of Mitro?   

I ignore Scott when he talks about anything tactical, because outside of the odd game (Millwall) where our players actually move their ars... I'm not impressed with how we "dominate the game with possession" or how much enjoy the  "fight the lads put in" (even though they are out of position a lot of the time).

Hey Scott...make sure your players not named Mitro are clinical in front of goal, then maybe they won't be able to double mark him.

So frustrating.

I love the idea of Scott Parker as our manager...but he needs to upgrade his scheme and his coaching staff...or we absolutely will be a yo yo club.    Enough talent to be in the top six of the championship every year, but tactically ...something isn't right.

FFC In Oz

Parker is cooked.

"The performance last night was a good performance which was a group of players who have done everything they can, worked tirelessly from the first minute to the 95th.

From 3-0 down they were still trying to work as much as they can to try and get us back in the game and for that I don't agree with him (Tony Khan)"

Man he spins some crap - we were down a goal after 5 minutes because Odoi can't track a run even though Tete alerted him to Grealish's run.  If we had "worked tirelessly" we wouldn't have lost by 3 goals

Bill2

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 29, 2020, 05:10:58 PM

Dominate possession is what we do.   Sometimes it works...but it's a dead stat imo.

It's ok to say we control the game by passing the ball around a lot in our own half, only attempting to send crosses into the box and hoping Mitro gets his head on it in one v one matchups...but we don't have any real end product.  We didn't in the Championship, and we don't now.

Possession for possessions sake doesn't relieve pressure, and it doesn't set up attacks.

This isn't me saying I want Scott Parker out...because I don't...but just as people are calling for Tony Khan to relinquish his role as DoF, and just as people are crying out for new signings... our attack has been just as dire (against teams that know how to defend) as our defense since we were relegated last.    Anyone remember last pre-season?  Goals were hard to come by then, and it (mostly) didn't get better as the year went on.    Sure, more times than naught we could scrap wins over mid- to lower mid table teams in the championship... but were we consistently knocking in goals outside of Mitro?   

I ignore Scott when he talks about anything tactical, because outside of the odd game (Millwall) where our players actually move their ars... I'm not impressed with how we "dominate the game with possession" or how much enjoy the  "fight the lads put in" (even though they are out of position a lot of the time).

Hey Scott...make sure your players not named Mitro are clinical in front of goal, then maybe they won't be able to double mark him.

So frustrating.

I love the idea of Scott Parker as our manager...but he needs to upgrade his scheme and his coaching staff...or we absolutely will be a yo yo club.    Enough talent to be in the top six of the championship every year, but tactically ...something isn't right.

Sorry but this is not the complete picture. The Reading game we absolutely battered them but their keeper had his game of the season, in Barnsley's case we had possession but little all else and they did well on the counter. So forget possession stats I tend to look at the attempts on goal and how many on target and if I see the game how many of those actually troubled the keeper. Last night only two shots  gave him any trouble, one we scored from which he palmed out straight to BDR for the one which was disallowed and the other he palmed on to the bar. Other than that I could have saved our attempts. In fact I am struggling to recall any attempts over the three games where the keeper has been made to work.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Bill2 on September 29, 2020, 05:22:58 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 29, 2020, 05:10:58 PM

So frustrating.

Sorry but this is not the complete picture. The Reading game we absolutely battered them but their keeper had his game of the season, in Barnsley's case we had possession but little all else and they did well on the counter. So forget possession stats I tend to look at the attempts on goal and how many on target and if I see the game how many of those actually troubled the keeper. Last night only two shots  gave him any trouble, one we scored from which he palmed out straight to BDR for the one which was disallowed and the other he palmed on to the bar. Other than that I could have saved our attempts. In fact I am struggling to recall any attempts over the three games where the keeper has been made to work.

No need to apologize.  You didn't contradict anything I posted.   I'll apologize and say I'm sorry if I implied it was the ONLY picture.

We dominate possession.   It's a fact.   We did it all last season.    I assume that in some way Scott Parker equates that domination of possession as part of the "good" that our boys do.

I don't.     We've dominated possession our first 3 games at this level...all 3 loses.     

The Rock

Villa scored in 4 mins, Arsenal scored in 8 mins, and Leeds scored in 7 mins or something.

Because of our shockingly poor defence, it's hard to judge the rest of the team; they haven't had a league match where they have had any spells playing on equal footing!!!

blingo

Quote from: The Rock on September 29, 2020, 05:50:38 PM
Villa scored in 4 mins, Arsenal scored in 8 mins, and Leeds scored in 7 mins or something.

Because of our shockingly poor defence, it's hard to judge the rest of the team; they haven't had a league match where they have had any spells playing on equal footing!!!

+1

Denver Fulham

We've conceded inside 9 mins in all six HALVES this season. We entered two of the second halves only down a goal and immediately conceded twice on both of those occasions to be down by 3, and yesterday it became 3 in an instant, also. So not only have we been level for about 19 mins all season, we've been down 3 goals by minute 55 or so in all three matches, which is insane. What kind of adjustments are being made to cough up 5 quick goals AFTER the break?

I hate our tactics because they don't stress any decent defense, but we've barely had a minute in Prem play to judge them before we ship a(nother) goal. Through three games, we have not scored in the first 15 mins of a half, and we have conceded NINE TIMES during those periods.

ron

Conceding early in six out of six halves so far is a big pointer to mental preparation, or rather lack of it. The principle of commonality of purpose is something that other clubs have - seemingly not ours.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: ron on September 30, 2020, 08:17:12 AM
Conceding early in six out of six halves so far is a big pointer to mental preparation, or rather lack of it. The principle of commonality of purpose is something that other clubs have - seemingly not ours.
To me it says the players are coming out of the dressing room switched off and unmotivated. Clearly either Parker isn't saying enough, or it's going in one ear and out the other.

toshes mate

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 29, 2020, 07:16:02 PM

We've conceded inside 9 mins in all six HALVES this season. We entered two of the second halves only down a goal and immediately conceded twice on both of those occasions to be down by 3, and yesterday it became 3 in an instant, also. So not only have we been level for about 19 mins all season, we've been down 3 goals by minute 55 or so in all three matches, which is insane. What kind of adjustments are being made to cough up 5 quick goals AFTER the break?

I hate our tactics because they don't stress any decent defense, but we've barely had a minute in Prem play to judge them before we ship a(nother) goal. Through three games, we have not scored in the first 15 mins of a half, and we have conceded NINE TIMES during those periods.
I think we did concede goals at the start of both halves in the Championship under Parker too, although not quite as consistently as this season.  It is a recurring theme which has to have an underlying reason.  Be interesting to know how the players are prepared for games and restarts and why this problem has arisen.