watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Apology to Dennis Odoi

Started by Bocanegra, September 30, 2020, 03:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bocanegra

Like many I wrote some harsh words about Dennis the other night, very much reactionary to the frustration of the performance.

Two days later and you have time to see that Dennis has been a great servant to the club and has brought me far more joy than disappointment.

Whilst I still feel he should not be a started in a Fulham premier league team I can't hate the guy and reject knee-jerk comments.

Hoping we can turn all this around and Dennis can cement his legacy as a versatility player this season, stepping into the Baird type role.

It's not his fault that he is having to step into a starting CB role and although he sometimes looks a yard behind, he still gives his all (even if it means a few too many yellows!)

COYW

ianthailand

Takes a big man to admit they're wrong. It's a pity one or two others don't have the same amount of courage!!

Bocanegra

Quote from: ianthailand on September 30, 2020, 03:12:19 PM
Takes a big man to admit they're wrong. It's a pity one or two others don't have the same amount of courage!!

Whilst I honestly understand peoples frustrations and feel that we have the right to criticise players, I just feel wrong giving Dennis an earful when he has been with us for so long. He doesn't pick the team.

bigalffc

Totally agree with this Dennis has really given everything for the team on many occasions, the person who put him in this position is to blame. He will be a fantastic asset on the bench being able to cover any of the back four if needed.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Nero

Yes Denis the legend as people call him  the man that never let Fulham down beside the Red card in the play off final and lacking the basic ability to stay with his man and backing off every one on one. Sure hes a lovely man but hes pants at his job to busy making coffee instead of the job he paid a few thousand a week for, we where
Quote from: Bocanegra on September 30, 2020, 03:13:40 PM

Whilst I honestly understand peoples frustrations and feel that we have the right to criticise players, I just feel wrong giving Dennis an earful when he has been with us for so long. He doesn't pick the team.

No but he goes on the pitch and doesn't do his basic duties of defending. Sure has a lovely man makes a great cup of coffee get sent off in a play offs final but hes been useless for years, oh look there Hilda the tea lady see putting salt in the tea now days because she needs new glasses but dont complaint about it suck it up she been here a long time, he failings arent pointed out they cant be corrected.

FFC1987

Fair play mate. I think a lot of us felt frustrated and lashed out at people. My feelings on Odoi are, hes a quality character, he a great role model and hes part of the curve of problem/success we have at the club. If we want to push on a level, he needs to be a backup, play a bigger part behind the scenes and also get game time during cup matches or injury crises. Its not his fault he's still one of our best options albeit, but not good enough. With some decent form? Yeh perhaps a short spell in the side but hes just not quite there.

Love the guy but he's not what we need if we want to compete at the next level.

rebel

I didn't comment on the other thread about Dennis. He's another confidence player (he was told by his teacher I think that he wouldn't make it as footballer), he needs everything around him to be at his very best. What I have noticed is if your backs against the wall, he's the first one to 'pump his chest out and take on the challenge'. He'll be the first to take ownership of the mistake / mistakes. 

HV71

Well said Bocanegra- that is the right spirit.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

He has been a brilliant servant to the club but it was so sad Monday night to see him chasing shadows and wanting to swap shirts with the Villa forwards during rather than after the game.
He was oh so lucky not to be sent off for second yellow and should be warming the bench rather than being outclassed in the Premiership. Such a shame.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Nero on September 30, 2020, 03:26:13 PM
Yes Denis the legend as people call him  the man that never let Fulham down beside the Red card in the play off final and lacking the basic ability to stay with his man and backing off every one on one. Sure hes a lovely man but hes pants at his job to busy making coffee instead of the job he paid a few thousand a week for, we where

No but he goes on the pitch and doesn't do his basic duties of defending. Sure has a lovely man makes a great cup of coffee get sent off in a play offs final but hes been useless for years, oh look there Hilda the tea lady see putting salt in the tea now days because she needs new glasses but dont complaint about it suck it up she been here a long time, he failings arent pointed out they cant be corrected.
Lol 064.gif

Bocanegra

Quote from: Nero on September 30, 2020, 03:26:13 PM

Ultimately, I agree with you that he shouldn't be in the team.

But he neither picks the team, nor handed himself a new contract. He didn't hold us to ransom at any point.

He also couldn't have got sent off in a play-off final had he not won a header out of nowhere to get us there.

anyway, I respect what you're saying, just feel our anger is better directed at other current failings.