watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham supporters more than ever need to stick together

Started by ffcwickford, September 30, 2020, 03:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcwickford

We were here in the EPL two seasons ago coming up as Play-Off final winners and realise it is a very sizeable step up.

However, for Fulham this season given the very late finish to the previous season on 4th August followed by the start of the new season on 12th September has meant a very short break followed by games coming thick and fast and by Sunday we would have played 7 games in 22 days of the new season.

After Sunday there is an International Break which will allow a lot of our players a bit of a breather from this hectic start.

If we are lucky enough to find a couple of centre backs then I think our shopping is done and it will be a case of drilling the group to be difficult to break down - giving us at least a chance of accumulating points.

Lets try to be positive and stop lambasting players in our team, maybe they are not the superstars from the top 6 teams, but they are our superstars and they are wearing our shirts and playing for our badge.

As Mickey Adams used to say 'Keep the faith'!

rebel

Lyle from Hangeland

Everyone knew we would be in a relegation fight or be the worst team in the league. Absolutely nobody should be complaining. Be unique, stop the whining, and support the team win or lose. What they are trying to do is hard. And stop comparing Fulham to other clubs. We are Fulham and not Sheffield United, Leeds, or Brentford.

Carborundum

Agreed.  I'm finding the absence of live football more annoying than recent results.  Going to live football is what I do.  Expecting wins.....well I wouldn't be supporting Fulham if that was the be-all and end-all.  Losses involve conceding goals, which usually involves mess-ups of one sort or another. 

And yet, missing out on live football is trivial compared to the difficulties some currently face.  Nothing I can say on here makes any difference, but for what it's worth, over the last few months I've become ever more aware that life is a constant process of people either trying to glue things together or prise them apart.  It's not as simple as one action is better than the other.  But just right now it's "Up the gluers" from me.

fcfulham55

If we look a bit more competitive and show a bit more desire to fight every minute on the field. I won't complain.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

bog

We do. We will do our bit from afar. COYW!  :clap_hands: :yay: 049:gif 049:gif

092.gif

Bocanegra

Quote from: Carborundum on September 30, 2020, 04:21:39 PM
Agreed.  I'm finding the absence of live football more annoying than recent results.  Going to live football is what I do.  Expecting wins.....well I wouldn't be supporting Fulham if that was the be-all and end-all.  Losses involve conceding goals, which usually involves mess-ups of one sort or another. 

And yet, missing out on live football is trivial compared to the difficulties some currently face.  Nothing I can say on here makes any difference, but for what it's worth, over the last few months I've become ever more aware that life is a constant process of people either trying to glue things together or prise them apart.  It's not as simple as one action is better than the other.  But just right now it's "Up the gluers" from me.

This. Exact same view as me.

Think there is more division and toxicity with us all having to watch every game (not just ours) from the sofa. Seeing every decision from every angle with awful commentators who churn out the same Fulham comments.

At the game I miss half of whats going on, just enjoying the atmosphere!

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: rebel on September 30, 2020, 03:46:09 PM
Transfer window closes in 5 days.

Nope 16th october...

"The transfer window opened the day after the season finished, on Monday, July 27. It will run for 10 weeks and closes on Monday, Oct. 5 at 11 p.m. BST/6 p.m. ET before the UEFA competition squad deadline the following day.

However, there will be an additional, domestic window that continues through to 5 p.m. on Oct. 16 when clubs will only be able to trade (either loans or permanent registrations) with EFL teams (so not internationally or with other Premier League clubs)."

Time to take on Ben Godfrey, Dawson, Ben Davies or similar for another 11 days further.

rebel

Quote from: fcfulham55 on September 30, 2020, 04:43:27 PM
If we look a bit more competitive and show a bit more desire to fight every minute on the field. I won't complain.

Agree with that.

hovewhite

I'm happy to do that as hate being negative in opinion