watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dreaming!

Started by bill taylors apprentice, September 30, 2020, 04:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

So how far fetched is it to think we could get a draw at either Wolves or Shef U and win our home games against Palace and WBA?????

If we did we would have a point a game and something to build on (2 points more that the last PL start)

OK its unlikely but its a funny old game!

FFCFOREVER

Anything is possible in football.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 30, 2020, 04:06:19 PM
So how far fetched is it to think we could get a draw at either Wolves or Shef U and win our home games against Palace and WBA?????

If we did we would have a point a game and something to build on (2 points more that the last PL start)

OK its unlikely but its a funny old game!
Before the shambles that was Villa, I thought that the scenario you outline was a possibility.  When I saw our lineup, I thought that a point against Villa was a remote  possibility.  Now 7 points from 7 games seems delusional.  :016:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FFC In Oz

Pretty far fetched at the moment.

Wolves will destroy us.

Sheff Utd we might be able to scrape a draw, same as WBA.

Palace are too organised and will probably get a 1 or 2 nil win over us

Jim©

I think I'd always had in my mind to look at things after 10 games and 10 points would be OK (taking into account that we'd get new players in, late, and get going then).
So remaining we have and really need 3 wins and a draw from them (well we don't but we do in my head as that's what I thought would be a good indicator)...
Wolves
Sheff Utd
Palace
WBA
West Ham
Everton
Leicester

Denzil Dexter

To be fair Wolves looked almost as bad as us at West Ham. No doubt they'll look like Brazil '70 on Sunday against us

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 30, 2020, 05:00:49 PM
To be fair Wolves looked almost as bad as us at West Ham. No doubt they'll look like Brazil '70 on Sunday against us

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Make no mistake, they'll be stinging from that and itching to set the record straight.

filham

Wolves, Shef.Utd., Palace,WestBrom, these are the teams who we should be taking points from if we are to survive but with 10 goals conceded in three games and an impotent attack  you can't even see that glimmer of hope.
Oh come on someone say some thing to shake me out of this depression.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: filham on September 30, 2020, 05:26:07 PM
Wolves, Shef.Utd., Palace,WestBrom, these are the teams who we should be taking points from if we are to survive but with 10 goals conceded in three games and an impotent attack  you can't even see that glimmer of hope.
Oh come on someone say some thing to shake me out of this depression.

I feel the same way mate haha.  I'm going to have to see an improved performance from us before I change my perception

hovewhite

Always a chance as its 11v11 on the pitch every game.

cottage expat

All teams will consider us there for the taking unless/until we prove otherwise ( with a solid couple of wins).

bill taylors apprentice

However critical (both negative and sometimes positive) I am with the recruitment, team selection, tactics etc

I always go into a game thinking we can get a result,  so there's always hope!

The Rock

It's very possible we win all these games actually. Like the recipe on the back of a cereal box, it's really pretty simple:

2 new CB's
1 new striker
1 English speaking keeper who can babysit the back 4 - aka a "Rodak".
4-4-2 formation, the current team is familiar with how it works, we should try it. 
Find Scott Parker and bring him back. This doppleganger posing as a football manager isn't working.

(may include one or more of the following: New director (s) of Football)

All these additives and preservatives like French keepers and lightweight midfield winger types are not good for your health.

ScalleysDad

It would mean yet another shuffle but without Reed or Lemina, oh joy another shuffle for their return, a straight 4.4.2  with specific jobs nailed to the foreheads might work. Villa sliced through our midfield and the least we can do is make it harder. The team selection tomorrow will be interesting and might just tip some on here over the edge.