Shad, Tony and Scott may have said wholesale changes would not happen. BUT

Started by 3-lions, October 01, 2020, 08:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3-lions

Areola
Tete CB CB Robinson
Aina Lemina Reed Lookman
CF AM

But we are only 4 players away from this reality*.

People may say *Reed doesn't count. But then we could say the 17 yo whose just been called into the Scotland U21 is a new CF we signed as a retort.
The arrow is pointing to around a new XI, not only in numbers but also positionally.
Not a bad idea as it obviously offers the Manager options and competition in all areas. Especially when you add Anguissa (and Seri and Fabrio) to this.

Those who moan will say, its all happened too slowly and too late. We are already 9 points behind.
Others may say, the players aren't good enough.
Is it Tonys fault? Scotts fault? Both?
Or should we wait a bit longer to give everyone a chance to gel and see where we are in November?

Milo

I think you're right!

That said, think Lemina won't start from evidence so far..

Robinson has slowly pushed his way into the foray which is as far as I'm concerned acceptable.

I think we should minimise disruption as much as possible and Rodak is the clear one. Why fix what isn't broken when we need to maintain some squad cohesion wherever possible.

toshes mate

Jokanovic was also 'offered' cover in every position which may also be an euphemism for 'that is the best I can do' from our DoF.  Is he good enough?

3-lions

Don't worry mate. I await the 'first' posting to compare 2018 and 2020 recruits.
Will those flying the white flag wait until November before they pass judgement?  :hook:

filham

There is a huge difference in playing quality between the premier league and the championship. Any team finishing fourth in the championship and gaining promotion has to add quality players to the team.

Nero

And most of the fans said it and now they are crying out for a whole new team

bobby01

Personally I believe that new players were needed then as well, I thought it was the late arrival of all the signings that caused the difficulty for Jota. But probably just my minority opinion.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Deuce

And this is a direct result of TK not doing his job properly.

Look at how Leeds have handled the transfers this summer. Few but quality signings and upgrades that fit into the side and their style. We are not even on the same planet

NJFulham

Quote from: Deuce on October 01, 2020, 05:49:42 PM

Look at how Leeds have handled the transfers this summer. Few but quality signings and upgrades that fit into the side and their style. We are not even on the same planet
We're doing the same thing as last time, just paying less under the guise of being "smart"

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Tabby

People keep saying that the difference is that Leeds have improved their team and that their signings have been quality. Koch is fine, but I don't think he is any better than Ben White who he was replacing. Rodrigo has hardly played, and hasn't looked impressive when he has.

It is fine and well to say that their signings will become good, but the team they've put out so far is essentially the same as their team in the championship.

Deuce

Quote from: Tabby on October 01, 2020, 06:25:52 PM

People keep saying that the difference is that Leeds have improved their team and that their signings have been quality. Koch is fine, but I don't think he is any better than Ben White who he was replacing. Rodrigo has hardly played, and hasn't looked impressive when he has.

It is fine and well to say that their signings will become good, but the team they've put out so far is essentially the same as their team in the championship.
Yeah and they tried signing White but Brighton demanded a stupid amount of money. Koch had started well I think despite causing two penalties.

And of course, you never know if the signings will do well or not. But based on what I know, they feel like smarter signings part of a cohesive strategy, unlike us who just seem to sant to sign the best players availible

Jim©

Look at how Leeds have handled the transfers this summer. Few but quality signings and upgrades that fit into the side and their style.

10 isn't few is it?

Statto

Quote from: Jim© on October 02, 2020, 04:44:54 PM

Look at how Leeds have handled the transfers this summer. Few but quality signings and upgrades that fit into the side and their style.

10 isn't few is it?

No it isn't.
But Leeds haven't signed 10 players unless you're including kids like Drameh.
It's 5 first team signings by my count.

rebel

Quote from: 3-lions on October 01, 2020, 08:13:29 AM
Areola
Tete CB CB Robinson
Aina Lemina Reed Lookman
CF AM

But we are only 4 players away from this reality*.

People may say *Reed doesn't count. But then we could say the 17 yo whose just been called into the Scotland U21 is a new CF we signed as a retort.
The arrow is pointing to around a new XI, not only in numbers but also positionally.
Not a bad idea as it obviously offers the Manager options and competition in all areas. Especially when you add Anguissa (and Seri and Fabrio) to this.

Those who moan will say, its all happened too slowly and too late. We are already 9 points behind.
Others may say, the players aren't good enough.
Is it Tonys fault? Scotts fault? Both?
Or should we wait a bit longer to give everyone a chance to gel and see where we are in November?

It's been obvious that that would be the case, in Parker's press conference today, he eluded to not just Centre Back's but other positions too. 

Deuce

Quote from: Jim© on October 02, 2020, 04:44:54 PM

10 isn't few is it?

Rodrigo, Llorente and Koch as first team regulars, throw in loan-to-permanent transfer deal in Costa and Meslier. They'll probably add James and/or another CM to that (now that Cuisance deal was canceled).

Fulham seems to do the opposite by bringing in players mainly for squad depth. We've brought in Areola (which no one asked for), Aina, Lemina and Robinson who are all arguably rotation options rather than players who are given in our XI. Instead of letting players like Kebano, Cavs, Ream and so on become those rotational players. Lookman and Tete will get a first team spot by default mainly due to the fact that they have virtually no competion for places.

And to add to this, we now have a DoF whos running around desperate to secure a couple of CBs- and some of the names linked with us (Dawson, Baumgartl) will not be strenghtening us in any significant way. Perhaps if we'd sign Skriniar and Todibo...

YankeeJim

If anyone in management believed that our qualifying team was this poor, why give contracts to Cab, Knockers & BDR? None were all that great in the Championship.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.