News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thanks Scott but, Scott & Tony out! Who should be new manager?

Started by Rambler, October 01, 2020, 06:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 02, 2020, 05:53:37 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on October 02, 2020, 04:11:21 AM
Are they 'bad' signings though - it's a matter of who can you get, with FFP constraints, though even without them, to come to Fulham, usually operating under pressure, in limited time spans.

The most successful managers with clubs of Fulham's size, often   attain  their success with 'good pro, journeyman' type players, though they usually have at least a couple of quality additions - but a common factor is an emphasis on organisation and sound defence

But look at Roy, he  did well with some of the players seen as  awful buys under Sanchez, who'd got them in, with astute additions - Hangeland was his first signing.

We got up last season with some pretty poor defensive organisation, good goalkeeping, one excellent finisher for most of the season and some magic attacking play from our LB in the final. We need a lot more than that to stay up.

But maybe the right manager  can organise and man manage players who aren't maybe of Prem quality to stay in the Prem - the  sum being greater than the parts , as in Team, like Roy did, with many of the same players who Sanchez failed with.
But Roy's first  act was to strengthen the  defence, and he brought in Hangeland, who wasn't a well known player, but Roy knew his  qualities through  having worked with him.

Surviving in the Prem is a completely different to doing well in the Championship.

RaySmith

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 02, 2020, 06:07:55 AM
Scott should stay until the end of the season. His coaching staff though...no f'in way. We can't even defend corners...or are ever an offensive threat from corners.  We're also poor at clearing balls out of our box.

Do that....and I'm content with relegation at the end of the season.

If we get relegated again THEN I'm ready for Tony to step down.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

I  can't believe that these elite pro players, experienced,  don't know the rudiments of  defending that every schoolboy who's ever kicked a ball knows.
It's to do with confidence,  organisation, and playing as a team, with the whole team involved in defending.

I'm sure the coaches are pulling out their hair when  we concede another soft goal through   basic defensive error, and that the coaches and team go over and over these things in training, but when when faced with real,  fast running, skilful, confident opponents, they  often seem like deer in the headlights.

last night we  also looked like a bunch of  individuals thrown together, reflecting the second string nature of the team, but the problem is that we've also done the same things in   Prem games, with what's meant to be our best 11.

I don't think anyone should be relaxed about relegation - - 'we'll regroup, get a new manager' because getting up again  won't be so easy to achieve, and  we could stay down for years, if we ever   get back - imagine if the khans sold up!

Our  defending is making us look worse than we are, and undermining all the efforts going forward .

Mince n Tatties

I'm still shell shocked by last night's performance to even think about anything else.
The blame imo last night lay at the door of certain players not the manager,the attitude on the pitch,you'd think some of them would have burst a gut to try be considered for the Wolves game.
The lazy one Seri(who you can see doesn't want to be here) blasting over a practically open goal chance that could put us back in the game.
The right back giving one of the worst debuts I've seen(hope it was down to fitness).
Knock,Hector,MLM,cant be bothered to name the rest.
It's too late imo to get a better attitude with a new boss,Scotty has to be left in charge and given the chance if we get a couple of half decent centre backs,and a back up striker.
Window closing drawing near,think maybe the same old story of a last minute panic buy will happen.Coyw.

Nero

The players should have had confidence they got promoted just over 2 month's ago. Think the manager sucked it all out of them before the season started telling them by the way your crap you're going to lose must weeks

Asotosyios

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 02, 2020, 12:40:51 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 01, 2020, 09:54:12 PM
As a vocal member of the Parker Out crew last season, even though I still think I'm right about Parker, you can't sack him now or in my opinion this season. Giving a manager who gave us promotion (even if you think he under performed like I did) 3-4 games in the prem is nothing short than a disgrace in my humble opinion.

I don't like Parker but I ate humble pie when he got us up and I was also one of the guys who said I didn't think we had the squad equipped enough to go up and stay up and would need an influx of quality starting 11 players, not squad depth as the quality just isn't there.

I promised to support him when he got us up for the season and that's what I'll do. I appreciate others see a new manager as a quick fix but I just think there's a respect angle here. Plus, we have a manager with a long term plan who, even if we go down, can take this team up again and hopefully, be better equipped to keep us there.

:plus one:
+2

I think we all need to calm down a bit. Yes, it hasn't been an ideal start but we all knew that it's going to be a very difficult season and we will do very well to finish 17th. That is still the target.

A lot of us were unhappy when Jokanovic was sacked last time and would have preferred going down with him rather than going through three different managers every season. I think that's the plan now, so let's see what Parker can do the rest of the year.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Nero on October 02, 2020, 07:58:58 AM
The players should have had confidence they got promoted just over 2 month's ago. Think the manager sucked it all out of them before the season started telling them by the way your crap you're going to lose must weeks

Likewise.

I've never, ever heard any manager talk like that "we're going to lose more games than we win" "we're going to lose 2, 3 games in a row" etc.

Doesn't fill the players with much hope.

Parker is not tactically adept for the PL.  Our defence is a shambles.  We would be losing to a decent L1 team currently, let alone Championship.  Going forward we look disjointed, and don't seem to play with any semblance of cohesion or style. 

TK has to obviously share a shoulder of the blame as well, preferring to get any business done at the end of the window when he can get a small discount to make himself feel like he can drive a hard bargain.  Need to get players in early and allow them time to acclimatise.  Better preparation and planning is required.

SK should be able to realise (or at the least have advisers that realise) that both his son and SP are not competent enough to deal with the rigours of PL football.

deadcowboys

Well we are on to page 7 & the number of sensible alternatives to Scotty are not many. Big Sam? How long has he been off the scene? The Brentford weirdo but why would he come?

Poch maybe, but he would want a lot of money for new players for sure. As we all know, most managers out there have been sacked for failing somewhere at sometime. Good or bad stick with Parker as we should have done with the Joka.